• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hix View Post
    3 bucks so far. Running out of light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Man, he's such a cool deer!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Man Hix I'm pullin' for ya!! I'll put in a word to the Lord tonight that He may "shine" on you!! This has been a really cool and exciting thread!! I'm In south Texas right now, but you can bet I'll be checkin' in on this thread tomorrow evening again... Time is gettin' right for him to mess up and your work schedule being perfect... hope the weather cooperates!!
      Good luck!

Comment

That is a dandy buck to, say the least! Good luck!

Comment

dont shoot anything else hix! 13 days! thats what im talkin' about!

im really liking your chances here. he is a whopper!

Comment

The other 13 thread...

Thanks y’all, seen a nice 8 this evening that stayed on the corn till dark and two other dinks.

I’m having to hunt my backup stand due to wind but he’s been on that cam some & its corned up with 100#.
            I’ll be in there in the morning.

Here’s a daylight video of him on the scrape cam.

And two other shooters, crab claw buck I haven’t seen since 2016, he’s a cool deer.
            Tall tines is impressive too. I think someone said he had short beams on the Etx thread lol

Last edited by Hix; 11-22-2018, 10:09 PM.

Comment

hix, in looking back last year, im sure you recall, that your day time pics ceased, after he smelled you. other than one day, with a south wind, his day activity stopped completely.

it seems the other bucks are not quite as smart as this ole boy. id assume a bad wind has to be avoided with this particular opponent. pullin' hard for ya bud!

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
                hix, in looking back last year, im sure you recall, that your day time pics ceased, after he smelled you. other than one day, with a south wind, his day activity stopped completely.

it seems the other bucks are not quite as smart as this ole boy. id assume a bad wind has to be avoided with this particular opponent. pullin' hard for ya bud!

Your correct, he never blew out of there last year but may have caught a little of my wind and didn’t offer a shot or hang around very long.
                I have since adjusted for that this summer and hung a lock on for south and south east winds and can circle around to come in the back of this place from an oil well pad, slip in 50 yards and 38’ up a pine. I have hunted that stand 4 times I believe and it works great.
                I prefer my other stand but I see lots of activity here as well.

If you seen how close I am to houses, barking dogs, yelling kids ect.
                Y’all would scratch your heads. As well as my friend down the road that’s hunting him and the route he must take through and around neighborhoods to get back and forth.

I’ve had 17 bucks on camera so far this year. And that’s not counting spikes and forkys.

Comment

i used to hunt right on a stinkin' turnpike. 80 mph traffic, horns, sirens, ect never upset a much. however, traffic inside the turnpike fence, is another matter.

when you kill him, the kids may be screamin', the dogs may be barkin', and that buck will be feeling secure with it all. it aint about them, its you he dont like. haha

Comment

Goodness Gracious what a buck ! I hope you get him ! Good Luck.

Comment

5 doe so far this morning. Been deer moving since first light

Comment

Getem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sweet. Tall 8’s beams do wrap around a good bit. Stay with it. You’ll run into him. You sitting all day?

Comment

great video!

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                              Sweet. Tall 8’s beams do wrap around a good bit. Stay with it. You’ll run into him. You sitting all day?

It may rain around lunch, and the winds gonna pick up fairly strong. I’m gonna stay put till then,
                              It’s calm and quite now.

I’m really betting on monday being the my best chance.

Comment

Started this thread from the beginning and was rooting for that deer to make it another year before you shot him, thought he would really be special and he is. If he could duck and dodge one more year that deer will put on mass and push the 80’s or 90’s...Good luck and they don’t get that big in East Texas by being easy!

Comment

Working...
                                X