Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uptop

Comment

I have an opening on a lease just north of Lake Stamford. $2700 for the annual lease spot.

Comment

Spoke with this guy yesterday.....
        1314 Acres Eastern Sutton County. Loaded with Axis and Whitetail. Says prob more axis than whitetail but a lot none the less. Hogs, dove, turkeys and quail. 30a & 50a RV hook ups, lighted cleaning station with water and electricity. Bright Lighting in the Camping area.
        Year round access for hunting and feeding. Owner runs goats and has a few head of cattle also.

Bow or Rifle, 5-6 guns max @ $20k a year.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
          Spoke with this guy yesterday.....
          1314 Acres Eastern Sutton County. Loaded with Axis and Whitetail. Says prob more axis than whitetail but a lot none the less. Hogs, dove, turkeys and quail. 30a & 50a RV hook ups, lighted cleaning station with water and electricity. Bright Lighting in the Camping area.
          Year round access for hunting and feeding. Owner runs goats and has a few head of cattle also.

Bow or Rifle, 5-6 guns max @ $20k a year.
          I was on that lease last year.
          Last edited by Shane; 07-25-2018, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            Is it what it's advertised? Why did you leave?

Comment

saw available leases on basecampleasing.com pricing seemed high though
              Last edited by whitetailfanatic; 07-25-2018, 09:24 AM.

Comment

why did you leave? is it bad?

Comment

Originally posted by slicktricker View Post
                  Is it what it's advertised? Why did you leave?
                  Hunting was great. Lots of axis and whitetail. Poor antler quality genetics in the whitetail herd (almost no mature bucks bigger than 120" 8-points, some just trash 6s, etc...), but we were there for all the axis - which were awesome. We saw sika on a couple rare occasions. Never killed one.

The hunting was good enough to make it worth putting up with the hundreds of goats on the place most of the time. When they're all having babies, he has to go through them multiple times a day on his 4wheeler (I would too if I were raising goats), and that severely disrupts the axis and the hunting.

A neighboring ranch has let their guard dogs pretty much go feral, and they're having puppies and hunting to fend for themselves. He had packs of dogs coming in and eating baby goats this spring. We killed a few of the dogs for him, but there's a lot of them on the neighbor. I'm sure they eat fawns too. Cattle are new, so that's one more thing to deal with I guess.

We had lots of poaching problems, which was also annoying. But, again, there were so many deer that it didn't really hurt the herd that much. The hunting was good enough that we would have put up with all of that and stayed, but we just couldn't get along with the landowner. Our group can get along with just about anybody, but we couldn't make that one work.

I'll leave it at that. If you can figure out how to keep him happy, it would make a great lease.

Comment

Hunting was great. Lots of axis and whitetail. Poor antler quality genetics in the whitetail herd (almost no mature bucks bigger than 120" 8-points, some just trash 6s, etc...), but we were there for all the axis - which were awesome. We saw sika on a couple rare occasions. Never killed one.

The hunting was good enough to make it worth putting up with the hundreds of goats on the place most of the time. When they're all having babies, he has to go through them multiple times a day on his 4wheeler (I would too if I were raising goats), and that severely disrupts the axis and the hunting.

A neighboring ranch has let their guard dogs pretty much go feral, and they're having puppies and hunting to fend for themselves. He had packs of dogs coming in and eating baby goats this spring. We killed a few of the dogs for him, but there's a lot of them on the neighbor. I'm sure they eat fawns too. Cattle are new, so that's one more thing to deal with I guess.

We had lots of poaching problems, which was also annoying. But, again, there were so many deer that it didn't really hurt the herd that much. The hunting was good enough that we would have put up with all of that and stayed, but we just couldn't get along with the landowner. Our group can get along with just about anybody, but we couldn't make that one work.

I'll leave it at that. If you can figure out how to keep him happy, it would make a great lease.
                    Great info thanks for passing it along. Sometimes there are underlying problems that can be worked out civliy and others not so much. If the relationship with the LO is difficult I'd have to be heading down the road as well.

Comment

East Texas Lease Opening

2 spots open at our lease near Colmsneil. I just got on this year and I really like the management plan. Camp is nice and we are making improvements all the time.

Lease ID: 988
                      Ranch name: BWC 4500N
                      County: Tyler
                      Acres: 1300
                      Cost: $2150 per hunter.
                      Lease Type: year-round
                      Means allowed: rifle, shotgun, archery
                      Game available: deer, feral hogs, small game
                      Property description: Rolling hills of East Texas with plenty of hardwood mix bottom as well as creeks and watersheds. Camp with water, electricity, camp trailer with bathroom. Looking for a few management minded family friendly hunters to join our group. Our membership includes you, your spouse, and children under 21. We are a MLD 3 management program. We cull everything 5 points or less, unbroken (no 13" rule on culls). Membership is $2150. 30 amp hookup $500.00.

Comment

Well hell, there is always something. Thanks for the info Shane.

Comment

Deer Hunting Lease - $1612 (Trinity/Polk County)

One opening for deer lease.
                          20 Member Game managed lease between Groveton and Corrigan
                          4300 acres, No Guest during deer season. Member only, no family

$1612 hogs, turkey. 2 stands per member

contact 936-635-4903(call or text)

Comment

I'm still looking for me, my dad and 2 boys. It would mostly just be me and my dad since one of my boys is off to college and the other works a lot. If anyone heres of anything, keep me in mind and thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

200 acres on the Brazos River drainage west of Seymour,Tx.This is a prime property and just came availble.5K up to three guns but would prefer 2.✌��️Pm me for details.

Comment

Just seen this on Facebook. Sounds like a great place and good deer in that area. No contact number so will have to contact him there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X