Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The longest you leased or hunted the same property?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve hunted for 37 years and my dad has been hunting for 73 years, same family property.

Comment

41 years. Lease located right next to family land.

Comment

I'm in my eleventh year on current lease. I'm probably going to walk away from it after this season and many would say I shouldn't.
        Great place with tons of game (deer, hogs, turkey, etc.). Good guys.
        However, for me it has become about just the hunting. Of the other 8 guys on the lease, all have another long-time, good friend on the lease (landowner is one of the guys). So, any time someone else is there, I am a 'third wheel' and none of the other guys really are into hanging around the campfire, etc. They are all just a few years older than me (I'm 57), and prefer to just sit in their campers in the evening.
        So, while I like the other guys, none are good friends and all the other stuff I look for in a lease are somewhat missing.
        I'd love to find someplace I can get on with a couple of good friends (even with a little less opportunity to shoot something) and having more fun at the lease.

Comment

Really surprised at the amount people who lost their leases after a few decades.

Comment

The land I have now and hunt on has been in the family since the Civil War.

Comment

I have hunted on a friends place for 4yrs and counting. All I pay is some sweat and maybe a little blood once in a while.

Comment

Eighteen years in Runnels Co. before I gave it up. I could still have if it I wanted it, the lady who owns it was our friend, but her husband died five years in and she had ideas that didn’t line up with mine. When it just got to be too much, I found her another leasee and hit the road. No regrets (except spring turkey) and I own two places that I hunt here. I’m going on four years on a lease with some friends near Home also.

Comment

I have a customer that leased a place when he was 18. Lease dues were $18. He lost the lease when he was 80. 62 yrs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

21 years then the long road ranch for 7 on this one for 22

Comment

12 years hunting the same family land in the hill country.

Comment

Been hunting family land for 6 years... since I started hunting. Leased one time in Arkansas for $350 on a timber lease. Saw lots of hogs and no deer. I went twice during October. After some of the guys who had been on it for years were saying stuff like, “yeah I’ve been here 24 years and only killed 2 bucks” or my favorite, when the old timer told me he thought about killing the young 5 point that stepped out in front of him one morning.

I hunted there twice and the last time I went back was to take down stands and grab our camp gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

18 years and counting!

Comment

2000 acres in Frio County. Been a paid member on our place since 2001. Dad got on in 1982 or 83 and i started hunting there probably 86 or 87. My great uncle was the origional leasee in 1958 and kept it until 2001 when he passed at 91. My dad is currently the lease boss since his passing. Lots of great memories on the place and hopefully alot more to come with my 3 kids.
                            Last edited by Krk77486; 01-04-2018, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Timber Company land in Crockett Texas for the last 18 years. Love it. Hope to hunt there another 18 years.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                                About 28 years. 60acs of Family land. Bought in 1968. Lay unused until the early 90's. Since then, acquired two separate; adjoining parcels with mobile homes on each. Will have opportunity to purchase in near future.
                                Forget about that NYS ground and expand your stomp down here in God's Country!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X