Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take some friends with you.
    Let them gut, skin, butcher and ice what they want
    I strap the good ones and leave the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      Don't feel bad about killing them and feeding the buzzards!
      x2 . They are a nuisance, crop and field destroyer, disease spreader, etc.

We will never be rid of them no matter how many are killed

Comment

Faith based organization that uses feral hog as a means to reach people for Jesus

Maybe these guys?

Comment

Just cut out the backstraps. You have enough pigs out there you should never again need to gut one. It would be great if there was an easy way to donate wild pork but most places won’t take them.

Comment

Im in temple and would take a few or help shoot some for meat

Comment

You need a feed pen. Then they will become someone else's problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                I will make a suggestion for what its worth. Fence in your feeders and half of your problem will be gone.

I went thru the same deal as you. I finally penned in my feeders and now the hogs go around the perimeter and leave. You must eliminate a food source.

As far as free meat, I gave two away this year out of 21. I tried and tried to give the meat away, but unfortunately most want them processed or they wont come and get them. No one will take them for free anymore.

I truly despise hogs and never worry about the wasted meat any longer. I finally bought night vision and started working on the hogs at night and this has been more successful than trapping them.
                That’s the business plan I subscribe to Radar....

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                  That’s the business plan I subscribe to Radar....
                  Yes sir, I am sitting in a blind now with the heater on waiting for the bastages to show up. I’m amazed at the amount of people that are saying they would take the dead ones and I could not give them away. You know a few of the processors down here won’t butcher feral hogs anymore , one guy told me he does not want them on the site because they had fleas so bad this past year.

Comment

2 words

Let me shoot a few and I'll bring you some beer or whiskey good buddy

I'm always up for shooting pigs if anyone needs help pm me
                    Last edited by slicktree; 01-04-2018, 07:01 PM.

Comment

I would think a shelter would take em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in houston and would gladly shoot a few for you or trade. My property i hunt is only a little ways away in normangee.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                          I would think a shelter would take em

Shelters in San Antonio can’t take them. Per USDA regulation. Even the government don’t want you to eat them lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                            Shelters in San Antonio can’t take them. Per USDA regulation. Even the government don’t want you to eat them lol.

https://safoodbank.org/ways-to-help/...son-wild-game/

Hmmm

Comment

We had similar problems and ended up finding a local guy that's a registered buyer. He runs 5 traps on our place year round except during deer season. Averages about 30 hogs/month and we can usually make it thru all of deer season without seeing many at all. Seems January thru may are best trapping months then good again early fall. Lots of others in the area using the same guy as well

Comment

We put on a hunt every year at Milam County Cowboy Church and Hogs for a Cause takes most of the dead hogs. We sell the live ones.
                                I kill about 60 per year with my bow and give away some but mostly just take the straps and leave them laying.

Comment

Working...
                                X