Chiropractor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BULL21 View Post
    No offense to chiropractors, but if you guys have to keep going back regularly, then you aren't ever fixing the problem. You are just putting a "band aid" on it.
    I wish I could find the stats on back surgery that my chiro told me about. It basically states that 80% of people that have back surgery will have another back surgery within 10 years of the first. For me, the chiro keeps me off pain meds and away from the operating table. It may be a bandaid but it's a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
      I wish I could find the stats on back surgery that my chiro told me about. It basically states that 80% of people that have back surgery will have another back surgery within 10 years of the first. For me, the chiro keeps me off pain meds and away from the operating table. It may be a bandaid but it's a good one.
      I never said anything about surgery, and I call BS on an 80% number. You can find any stats to prove your point. The problem with most people is that once they go and feel better, they continue to do the same self destructive actions that led to the initial injury. I personally don’t care if you go or not just stating the facts.

Comment

I never said anything about surgery, and I call BS on an 80% number. You can find any stats to prove your point. The problem with most people is that once they go and feel better, they continue to do the same self destructive actions that led to the initial injury. I personally don’t care if you go or not just stating the facts.
        But you haven't stated any facts.

Comment

I go once a month. Don't fight against what the chiro is trying to do. You'll just make it worse You maybe sore the day after a little then you will feel way better.

Only time I had pain was when I had a rib out and he put it back in. Didn't even know ribs could do that. When he popped that sucker back in I nearly punched him.

Comment

The problem with most people is that once they go and feel better, they continue to do the same self destructive actions that led to the initial injury.
            The same can be said for Physical Therapy..........correct?

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
              But you haven't stated any facts.
              Been a physical therapist for 20 years. I’ve seen more than my fair share of back surgery patients that did well. Do people have to have additional surgeries. Sure, but not 80%. If you don’t change your life(being overweight, weak musculature, poor body mechanics,etc), you will having recurring problems and possible additional surgeries. The same thing happens with shoulder/hip/knee surgeries. Keep going. It’s no sweat off my back

Comment

Completely got me off of pain killers and constant pain. Only needed a few adjustments and a dozen or so sessions on a decompression table. Couldn't be happier that I avoided the knife.

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
                  The same can be said for Physical Therapy..........correct?

DJ
                  The goal of therapy is strengthening, body mechanics education,lifestyle changes not adjustments. If patients don’t change their lifestyle, they will continue to have issues. You are correct in that aspect. And no even the best therapy will not always be 100%.
                  Last edited by BULL21; 01-04-2018, 02:36 PM.

Comment

My entire family has been going to chiropractors for many years. They are our first choice over the drug pusher MD's for just about any health problem.

Comment

Been usin' them since I played college football... our trainer was a Chiropractor, and he was the best trainer I ever had. He kept me playin' and I had plenty muscle structure then. I just got whacked around on a pretty regular basis... He'd straighten my back out... Since then, I have continued to use them when I need it. Now it's more from over exertion or a bad physical move when loaded down and I get my skeletal structure all out of whack... My chiropractor keeps me going quite nicely. He's dang good at what he does too. He's the guy that keeps all the HSLR cowboys going between rides at the rodeo too. AND he's a long time TBH'er... so, yea, he's pretty good. He won't toot his own horn, but I'll dang sure would recommend him for skeletal issues that aren't due to something broken...
                      Last edited by SaltwaterSlick; 01-04-2018, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Helped me with migraine headaches, shoulder out, back out and ribs keep popping out. Keeps me walking and hunting, abused my body when I was younger. I do not care for meds so it works for me.

Comment

Firm believer in the right one. Kept me grin surgery and promoted and pushed me to change my posture which caused flare ups.

Comment

there's good ones and bad ones like in every service offered. If you find the right one
                            that doesn't think he can cure any thing with adjustments then you will have good results
                            There are some of them that think they can cure anything even cancer and have lead people down the death road

Comment

my wife goes and she bring our kids but some of them are in it for the money we had one in Houston and the lady wanted her there every other day and then we found on in Austin and he tell her see u in a couple weeks. I envy the one in Austin he is open from like 9 to 3 with a 2 hour lunch and only open Monday - Thursday I tell my wife I should have been a chiropractor

Comment

I was reluctant first trip but glad I did. Haven’t been in years but probably should get adjusted

Comment

Working...
                                X