SHOOTNSTR8
    Skeeter164 +2 or 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Grill - SKLOSS

2 fryers - (1) SKLOSS, Slew

Fri night meal

Sausage - Radar, Shootnstr8

Hamburger meat - Radar 40lbs (should be enough, but we’ll see)

56 hamburger buns - hogslayer78

Sliced cheese - Skeeter164

Tomato - Shootnstr8

Onion - Shootnstr8

Pickles - hogslayer78

Sliced jalepenos- hogslayer78

Lettuce -miket

Mayo -miket

Chips - Skeeter164

Cookies - Skeeter164

Sat night meal

9 gal oil for my fryer plus whatever is needed for the 2nd fryer if we get one -I'm going to have oil for my fryer, Slew

10 lbs fish fry -Slew

10-15 lbs French fries krinkle cut - Skeeter164

5-10 lbs hush puppies -miket

Onions -slew

Ketchup -slew

Mustard -slew

Tartar sauce - Skeeter164

Cocktail sauce - Skeeter164

Beans - Shootnstr8

Coleslaw -miket ***gunna be bought premade stuff, if you want homemade Im not your man!

Paper plates -Stone Cold Bobby

Paper towels -slew

Aluminum pans -slew

Forks -Stone Cold Bobby

Folding tables -slew, hogslayer78

Trash bags - Radar

I also need to know how many kids are coming. just a total not names.

Kids count= 3

Comment

Ya'll are pretty confident about catching enough fish for saturday night. I guess y'all haven't heard about the tendency for tropical storms, tornados, and hail to develop in any area that I step on a boat???

I'll bring several boxes of fish sticks just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          Ya'll are pretty confident about catching enough fish for saturday night. I guess y'all haven't heard about the tendency for tropical storms, tornados, and hail to develop in any area that I step on a boat???

Im definitely counting on the other guys to catch supper! I havent crappie fished in years, and was only fair at it then. And have never fished Rayburn that I can recall.

I AM hoping we have an ugliest boat contest. Im gunna WIN!

Comment

Were you at crappie masters on Fork by any chance this year? Man that was the most awful day of fishing I can recall in a long time.

I'm gonna be disappointed if I can't catch enough to feed everybody in 2 days!

Comment

I’ve fished Rayburn in Gail force winds. Caught the **** out of them!! Boat ride back sucked though. 100-125 crappie will feed the group or 10 ditch pickles or 20 catfish. Slew’s son will have that many crappie in the boat before lunch all on his own.

Comment

, Them fish sticks get you the Ketosis son.

Comment

There is always Sam's in Lufkin.

Comment

I live in the general area I may stop by for a visit.

Comment

For real, for those of us "less skilled". Would some of the lures yall talked about previously be worth a try, or minnows all the way?

Does Jackson Hill marina sell minnows etc?

Comment

TBH Sam Rayburn Crappie weekend!

Jackson hill sells minnows. Everything I listed is money. That said I wouldn't be there without purple and chart, white and chart, and shad colored. And some 1/16oz and 1/8pz pink heads. If you forget those your gonna wish you didn't. Them Rayburn crappie ain't too picky though.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                          Jackson hill sells minnows. Everything I listed is money. That said I wouldn't be there without purple and chart, white and chart, and shad colored. And some 1/16oz and 1/8pz pink heads. If you forget those your gonna wish you didn't. Them Rayburn crappie ain't too picky though.

Excellent, thanks

Comment

SKLOSS +9
                            Todd Glass +1
                            miket +2 ( kids )
                            Mallardman02 +3
                            Hogslayer78 +2
                            Breese
                            Millman
                            GLM +1
                            Radar
                            Stone Cold Bobby +3
                            Buff
                            Chew
                            Slew and Slew Jr +2
                            SHOOTNSTR8
                            Skeeter164 +2 or 3
                            1shotmedic + 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post

Only 2 colors I use at Rayburn is one they call Bobby Garlands 2" baby shad in milk money(it's pearl with a blue tint and blue metal flake) the other is big Bite Baits 1 3/4" slab tubes in pearl/chart tail. If Jackson hill runs out of minners there is a Brookshires in Broadus and lake view on the south side of 147 bridge that will have them. Both are about 5 minutes away from Jackson Hill marina, in fact lake view usually has more lively/healthier minnows than Jackson Hill. Water color will make the biggest difference in live or artificial, lake has been a little stained mostly in the upper end this year with water visibility only being from 6-18". The wind has been killer, was there one day last week chasing ditch pickles and it was 20mph with gusts over 30.

Hoping to get to come up for at least a day during the crappie weekend, will depend on work schedule. May try to give it a trial run one day next week. For those with smaller boats I will throw a bone your way. If you are standing on the boat ramp and look left past the dock there is probably 10 brush piles along that bank in 16-22 feet of water. At least another 10 if you look to the right and follow that bank out to the far point. There is some brush under the Jackson Hill boat stalls and 10 minutes away at Cassels Boykin boat ramp there is a very nice fishing pier that has artificial fish structures in front of it.

When my wife and I go out just to crappie fish, if we have minnow my wife will usually start with them. I can usually out catch her using the 2 colors of jigs above at a rate of about 4:1 and usually a lot more keepers per bite.
                              Last edited by Capt.Bryan; 05-06-2018, 06:24 AM.

Comment

I would have to agree with Capt. Bryan. Still consider myself a rookie, but yesterday held the same results. Most of our fish were caught on artificial vs. minnows. All were caught in 15-20 FOW.

Comment

Working...
                                X