X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston Texans to extend Bill Obrien

Only Bob McNair would extend a coach with a losing record after 4 seasons

Good Grief I wish McNair was my boss...

Expect mediocrity with no accountability...

This city is cursed with football bad ownership

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post

I agree we’ve been cursed for what seems like forever, but I truly believe that Bill O’Brien is a great coach, and that Rick Smith has been the problem. Rick has been faking his way through football knowledge and it’s definitely caught up with him. The next 2 seasons will prove me right or wrong, but I’m actually optimistic with the changes they announced today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
      I agree we’ve been cursed for what seems like forever, but I truly believe that Bill O’Brien is a great coach, and that Rick Smith has been the problem. Rick has been faking his way through football knowledge and it’s definitely caught up with him. The next 2 seasons will prove me right or wrong, but I’m actually optimistic with the changes they announced today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Tell me why you say that. I agree Rick Smith has failed miserably, but what has BO done that makes you say, yeah he is a great coach. Because I franky have seen nothing.

Comment

Losing record? 9-7 the last 3 seasons plus we made playoffs. Rick Smith is the one that needed to go due to his poor performances in our drafts after the 1st round. Just my opinion though. Heck when everyone was healthy our offense this year was putting up over 30 points a game. We need smith gone and and different defensive coordinator

Comment

I'm glad the protesters annoyed me to the point that I'm indifferent, otherwise this move would have really bothered me.

Comment

Originally posted by deerslayer94 View Post
            Losing record? 9-7 the last 3 seasons plus we made playoffs. Rick Smith is the one that needed to go due to his poor performances in our drafts after the 1st round. Just my opinion though. Heck when everyone was healthy our offense this year was putting up over 30 points a game. We need smith gone and and different defensive coordinator
            Playing devils advocate to your point. If the team wasn't decimated on both sides of the ball by injuries this thread wouldn't be an issue. 30 points a game with a good defense is what they had. A healthy season with those early results would have made Bill and Rick both look a lot smarter

Comment

Great news

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Playing devils advocate to your point. If the team wasn't decimated on both sides of the ball by injuries this thread wouldn't be an issue. 30 points a game with a good defense is what they had. A healthy season with those early results would have made Bill and Rick both look a lot smarter
                My point about Smith’s poor drafting after the first round reflects what happened once our starters went down. Our entire second and 3rd string played absolutely terrible. Yes they aren’t starters but better drafting in the late rounds can at least improve our back ups. Like iv said it’s just my opinion, I’m a O’Brien fan, my prediction is if we stay healthy next season and O’Brien has more input on our draft to play around Watson we’ll have a solid season

Comment

My point about Smith’s poor drafting after the first round reflects what happened once our starters went down. Our entire second and 3rd string played absolutely terrible. Yes they aren’t starters but better drafting in the late rounds can at least improve our back ups. Like iv said it’s just my opinion, I’m a O’Brien fan, my prediction is if we stay healthy next season and O’Brien has more input on our draft to play around Watson we’ll have a solid season
                  Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                    I'm glad the protesters annoyed me to the point that I'm indifferent, otherwise this move would have really bothered me.
                    ^^^ this

Comment

I don't consider 9-7 a success. The only reason we made the playoffs was because the AFC south has not been very good recently and that mediocre record wins you the division. Although this year is not a good example, 9-7 typically doesn't even win you the wild card more less the division. I am indifferent about Obrien but he does have a losing record with the Texans (31-33). If he does not do well next season I would say his days are numbered.

Comment

Sometimes, the “not for long” league gets it wrong. In this case, I’m glad they kept BoB around. He is a good coach.

Bruce Ariens for GM!

Comment

I'm glad to hear it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post

I agree, he hasn’t proved that he is a “great coach” during his tenure with houston and quite honestly I don’t even know how he got a reputation for being a great coach, his resume doesn’t reflect that.
                            He will get exposed next year when teams have more film of Watson and develop better ways to scheme against him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I agree with the above. O'Brian was doing a great job when he had a healthy team. The offense was the highest scoring offense on the field in the 6 games Watson played.
                              Rick Smith is the reason we had last years debacle in Osweiler which ultimately led to losing the second round draft pick to dump him. I also think they mishandled the Duane Brown trade. While i hated Brown's attitude and view of the team, he is after all one of the better linemen in the league. They also dropped the ball and did not retain Bouye and Demps.

Why wait so many years to draft a QB in the first round? That QB carousel the past several seasons could have been avoided. Houston has an elite receiver with a couple good ones tossed in, a young promising RB, and (had) a great defense.

The next year or two will tell the tale on how well the team can bounce back after getting out from under Smith.

Comment

Working...
                              X