Clear All

Drop away.

Comment

Originally posted by toaster View Post
      QAD Drop away.
      this

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
        I've had DA tests fail me on hunts. When I'm 5+ miles in on a wilderness hunt, that's a huge no-go. WB all day long here.
        Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        What failed?
        i had the internal spring on my trophy taker rest break. i was at home though and just grabbed my other bow. contacted TT and they sent me 2 springs so i would have 1 extra in case it happened to my other bow which also had a TT rest. that was close to 10yrs ago and i am still shooting that same rest.

Comment

I have a couple of fall away rests in my closet if someone wants one. Im definetly not gonna use them

Comment

Originally posted by Zoomaster View Post
            Which do you prefer?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
            See, that's the thing; when you ask for opinions you get a bunch of opinions.

Whisker Biscuit is great for hunting; it is a simple, almost foolproof, design. Easy to tune and stays tuned very well. At hunting distances most hunters will not see a difference in accuracy versus other rest styles.

Noise CAN be a factor, depending on the shaft you use; as well as forgiveness as the arrow stays in contact with the rest for the entire length.

That isn't to say that the whicker biscuit is not good at distance; if you have good form and are consistent, the whisker biscuit will do it's job nicely.

Having said all that, most prefer a drop away due to the amount of forgiveness it gives the archer. The arrow does not stay in contact with the rest for vey long and this makes the drop away slightly more forgiving of those shots when adrenaline is pumping hard enough you can hear colors.

There is a reason they are the majority in the hunting market, they work extremely well. However, a fall away does come with the potential to fail due to more moving parts.

I'll not get into blade rests because you didn't ask about them.

My preference is for fall away rests, they are more forgiving in the heat of the moment, for me.

You will have to decide for yourself is the added forgiveness is worth the extra moving parts on a fall away, or if the peace of mind the whicker biscuit brings is what you need.

Of course, you can always make the whicker biscuit more forgiving by learning to shoot better...

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
              See, that's the thing; when you ask for opinions you get a bunch of opinions.

Whisker Biscuit is great for hunting; it is a simple, almost foolproof, design. Easy to tune and stays tuned very well. At hunting distances most hunters will not see a difference in accuracy versus other rest styles.

Noise CAN be a factor, depending on the shaft you use; as well as forgiveness as the arrow stays in contact with the rest for the entire length.

That isn't to say that the whicker biscuit is not good at distance; if you have good form and are consistent, the whisker biscuit will do it's job nicely.

Having said all that, most prefer a drop away due to the amount of forgiveness it gives the archer. The arrow does not stay in contact with the rest for vey long and this makes the drop away slightly more forgiving of those shots when adrenaline is pumping hard enough you can hear colors.

There is a reason they are the majority in the hunting market, they work extremely well. However, a fall away does come with the potential to fail due to more moving parts.

I'll not get into blade rests because you didn't ask about them.

My preference is for fall away rests, they are more forgiving in the heat of the moment, for me.

You will have to decide for yourself is the added forgiveness is worth the extra moving parts on a fall away, or if the peace of mind the whicker biscuit brings is what you need.

Of course, you can always make the whicker biscuit more forgiving by learning to shoot better...
              Well said.....unbiased, kinda

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                Well said.....unbiased, kinda
                Well, to be fair, he didn't ask for unbiased opinions, just opinions...

Comment

Drop away! Switched from WB

Comment

What arrows are y'all shooting with the biscuit? Seems back when I shot one, it was loud drawing back the arrow.

Comment

What arrows are y'all shooting with the biscuit? Seems back when I shot one, it was loud drawing back the arrow.
                      Beman, ICS

Comment

just switched back to the WB. Keep it simple

Comment

Originally posted by Allaroundhunt View Post
                          You shooting a long bow?

Comment

Originally posted by Allaroundhunt View Post
                            Lot of wisdom in that single statement

Comment

Many arrows are quiet, many are not. I have had good luck using Gold Tip arrows when setting up other people's bows.

I also know some who wax their arrows with car wax if they are noisy.

Size (outside diameter) also comes into play with noise.

Comment

Got a new used bow that had a drop away.... First pig I shot at it broke in half, changed to a WB, and shot biggest buck to date with it... Sticking with WB

Comment

Working...
                                X