New Year Workout Accountability 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    Co-workers took me to Saltgrass and to the chocolate bar for dessert. I think I just gained back five pounds today.
    Depending on your eating plan, Saltgrass is pretty easy to stay good. The Chocolate Bar, not so much. Everyone needs a cheat meal, every once in a while.

No gym today. Had lunch with my youngest 2 daughters at school today. Plus a trip to the book fair. Their smiling faces light up my world.

Comment

That sounds like a day well spent. My daughter started driving a month ago and had a major accident yesterday. She's okay but pretty shook up with some bruises. Fixing to go home and love on her.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        That sounds like a day well spent. My daughter started driving a month ago and had a major accident yesterday. She's okay but pretty shook up with some bruises. Fixing to go home and love on her.
        Glad she is ok.

Comment

Back and tris with a touch of calves and cardio. Started with 12 minute TM warm-up.

Then finished up with 1.25 mile run on TM

Comment

Well, I tried to talk the GF into shoulders and abs today, but he wouldn't budge. She wanted an arm day so arms it was. I'm having a hard time typing this! LOL!

Supersets 4X8-10 with the 4th set being strip sets.

Dips/barbell curl/incline situps
            Incline dumbell curl/cable pushdown (pronated and supinated)/hanging leg raise
            Overhead rope extensions/hammer curls/cable crunches

Tomorrow is shoulders, I don't care what she says!

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post

Tomorrow is shoulders, I don't care what she says!
              You need to plan your own workouts!

As long as it doesn't get you in trouble with her. LOL

Comment

Just a little motivational Side Story for us fat boys. When I first started working out I couldn't do one complete dip. I've been hitting the triceps hard and everything else pretty hard and increasing weights regularly.

So last night I climb back up on the dip bars and did 3 sets of 7. Well actually it was 7, 7 and about 5 and a half. But I was very happy with my progress.

Comment

She usually goes along with my workouts, but today was like "Nope" it's arm day.

Good work on the dips Bobby! I didn't use any plated this morning on dips and wished I had. The old tendinitis in the left elbow kicked in a little this morning.

Comment

go to youtube type in 4 min abb workout. click the first video and enjoy the pain and gain

Comment

Arms, abs and cardio today

EZ bar curls /// Tricep straight bar pushdown both 5x15

DB Preacher bench hammer curl /// Tricep rope pushdown both 15x15x12x12

DB single arm spider curl 15x12x12x12 /// DB overhead tri ext 20x15x15x15

DB Curl both arms 2x(10 full with 10 partial reps) & 2x(5 partial with 10 full) /// Machine Dips 4x15

Barbell curl 4x20 /// Skull crushers 4x20

Ez Bar reverse grip curls /// Rope overhead ext Both 15x15x12x12

Single arm downward cable ext 14x16x18x20 /// Heavy EZ bar curls 12x12x8x6

21's 4 times /// DB tricep kickback

BB Land mines inc weight 3x50 /// Decline sit up 3x33
                      Mch Ab Cruch 4x25 /// 45 lb oblique side plate lifts
                      Scissors 4x25

Cardio consisted of:
                      1 mile in 7:30
                      500 steps in 5 mins on the stair master

Shoulders and Sprints tomorrow if me groin can keep up

Comment

Solid work Bobby

Comment

Yesterday was going to be rest but I felt like kicking my own @$$ for some strange reason.... so I did legs and cardio. Mostly high reps with drop sets and super sets. Today isn't as bad as I feared.... but tomorrow will probably catch up

Will probably do shoulders and abs today if I'm feeling it

Comment

Starting the 2 week heavy cycle. Time to get some!

Comment

Disappointing clean session today. Maybe I didn't spend enough time warming up and went to heavy to soon. I'm thinking I'm going to back off on the "heavy" weight cycle and go back to the 7x2 and work on form. I didn't go heavier than I have on the 10 and 7x2 days but it felt off and sluggish. Could of just been a bad day.

Squats 10,8,8,6,6 pyramid
                              HS super high incline 3x10
                              HS Decline/DB Hammer curls 3x10
                              Cable Flyes High pull 2x10 then low pull 2x10/Preacher Curls 3x10
                              Single arm cable isolation curls 1 x 10 to finish arms
                              Finished off with Good Mornings
                              Last edited by icetrauma; 03-01-2018, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Early start today.

Legs and abs

Comment

Working...
                                X