No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took the wife to the gym today. Her first visit.

I did 35 miutes on the elliptical and then

SS INCLINE BENCH
    SS BENCH

HYPER EXTENSIONS (ABS)

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      Took the wife to the gym today. Her first visit.

SS INCLINE BENCH
      SS BENCH

HYPER EXTENSIONS (ABS)
      I wish I could get my wife to go. She has lost some decent weight on Weight Watchers. She would be down an additional 20 if she put in 3-4 days a week of light lifting.

Comment

1 mile warm up, back and tricep SS then calves. Row machine for 2100 for cool down and then 12 minutes of stretching in dry sauna. Just short of 2 hours total. Tomorrow is legs.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          1 mile warm up, back and tricep SS then calves. Row machine for 2100 for cool down and then 12 minutes of stretching in dry sauna. Just short of 2 hours total. Tomorrow is legs.
          Did you say rowing machine for cool down???? Blasphemy! lol

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
            Did you say rowing machine for cool down???? Blasphemy! lol
            I hear ya but my knee just cant take much of the treadmill anymore. I cant stand the elipticals or stairmasters so the row machine it is. 2100 meters in ten minutes is a nice even pace.

Comment

Didn’t get in the gym and ate drank to much yesterday

Just walked in for shoulders and abs

Comment

[QUOTE=Chew;13156100]Took the wife to the gym today. Her first visit.

SS INCLINE BENCH
                SS BENCH

HYPER EXTENSIONS (ABS)[/QUOTE

Nice! I always enjoy working out with my wife.

Comment

Back and biceps today. 4 sets of pull-ups, 4 sets db rows, 5 sets of wide grip lat pull downs for back. 5 sets of straight bar curl and 5 sets of hammer curls for arms. 3-5 reps today with hit cardio between most sets.

Comment

Can someone list all available exercises that they know of for back, shoulders, chest, triceps, Etc. I would like to put together a more organized workout schedule instead of just walking in and doing a lot of random things that I think are appropriate. I'll be using machines, dumbbells, Smith machine, and kettlebells, and cables

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      Didn’t get in the gym and ate drank to much yesterday

Just walked in for shoulders and abs
                      Fun therapy!!!!

Today’s session after warm up

Cleans 10x2
                      Snatch pulls 5x3

This was the end of the 4 day rotation and programmed for a fun day. Aka arms, chest and traps for a pump.

HS incline 3x15
                      Cable flyers 3x12 1 at high setting and 2 low setting
                      HS Super Incline 3x15

Arms super set
                      Single arm push downs/cable curls 3x10
                      Bent over cable extensions with rope/DB hammer curls 3x10
                      HS shrugs 2x15
                      DB shrugs 2x15

8 min cool down on treadmill.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        Can someone list all available exercises that they know of for back, shoulders, chest, triceps, Etc. I would like to put together a more organized workout schedule instead of just walking in and doing a lot of random things that I think are appropriate. I'll be using machines, dumbbells, Smith machine, and kettlebells, and cables
                        Look up Stronglifts 5x5. It’s a good beginners program.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                          Look up Stronglifts 5x5. It’s a good beginners program.
                          X2

Comment

Bobby, pm me your email address and I will send you the program Im doing now. It is about a 12-16 week plan depending on how many off days you take. First 8 times through the exercises is 3x10 reps and then the second 8 times through the exercises is heavy and 8,6,4 on the reps. I put a drop set in with the heavy rotatation last time I did it and liked it a bunch. You could also modify it and do 5x5s the second time through. Im thinking about doing that myself this time.

Comment

Warm up on the treadmill, leg presses, deadlifts, wall sits to failure x3, leg curls, weighted walking lunges and finish with RDLs. Some abs and then stretching in the sauna. Had a brain fart and skipped rowing when I was done with abs. The old brain aint what it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                                Bobby, pm me your email address and I will send you the program Im doing now. It is about a 12-16 week plan depending on how many off days you take. First 8 times through the exercises is 3x10 reps and then the second 8 times through the exercises is heavy and 8,6,4 on the reps. I put a drop set in with the heavy rotatation last time I did it and liked it a bunch. You could also modify it and do 5x5s the second time through. Im thinking about doing that myself this time.

Are you doing the Athlean-X program? I like that guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X