New Year Workout Accountability 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
    Cardio day for me. Starting with intervals on the Elliptical.
    10 min treadmill warm up.
    HIIT on Elliptical for 20 min with a 10 min treadmill cool down afterwards.
    Finished off with Rotator Cuff external rotation super setted with Paloff Press and Russian Twist.

Drop sets are a good way to get a good pump and squeeze. Another good way is to incorporate FST-7 in your routines as well. Example, after a full shoulder workout, you do 7 sets of 7 with a 30 second rest in between each set.
    Last edited by icetrauma; 01-27-2018, 02:14 PM.

Comment

1 mile warm up, Shoulders and Traps SS, then an AB workout. 10 minutes on the rowing machine then 12 minutes stretching in the dry sauna. Im getting close to being able to touch my hands flat on the ground with feet close together.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
        I hope I’m using the correct term.
        Basically what I’m doing is I go through my standard 4x10 set weight or half pyramid with increasing weight.
        Example for Bench today: 15 reps at 135, 12 reps at 155, 10 reps at 185, 6 at 205, peaked at 225 for 3 reps. Then drop the weight and do a high rep count so I dropped back to 185 for 10 reps and then dropped again back to 135 for 15 reps.

I’m getting a huge extra pump compared to before and really feeling the muscles hurting lol
        Drop sets are great! Not doing them in my current program but would like to implement them in the near future

Comment

Rest day for me yesterday. Back at it today with chest and triceps. 4 sets of flat bench, 4 sets of incline, 4 sets of decline followed by 5 sets of skull crushers and 5 sets of close grip bench with hit cardio between every set.

Comment

Got in 2 workouts today. A lot of up and down, pushing and pulling changing the water pump on the Jeep and the starter on the truck. When it rains, it pours! Took a break then got yesterday's workout done.
            Pullups. 3 sets to failure.
            Standing DB rows. 3 sets of 12.
            Rotational high rows. 2 sets of 12 each arm.
            Incline DB curls. 4 sets of 12.
            DB hammer curls pronation. 3 sets of 10.
            ISO reverse crunches. 3 sets to failure.
            Monday is the 400 challenge. This should be fun!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Man... I feel like an idiot. I read these posts and I feel like I’m reading the menu at Starbucks.

I’m the guy that goes to the gym and gets hung up in a machine because I was using it wrong. LoL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gbird View Post
                Man... I feel like an idiot. I read these posts and I feel like I’m reading the menu at Starbucks.

I’m the guy that goes to the gym and gets hung up in a machine because I was using it wrong. LoL

You're not alone!

Got in 30 minutes of cardio on elliptical. Alternating 2 minutes on medium pace and one minute on holy crap pace.

Then legs/calves.

DB squats
                DB dead lifts
                Smith squats.
                Calf raises
                Calf machine
                Leg press
                Leg extensions
                Etc.

Comment

Back and biceps this morning.4 sets of lat pull downs, 4 sets of dumbbell rows, 4 sets of cable rows for back. 5 sets of straight bar curls and 5 sets of dumbbell curls for arms. 6-8 reps on everything and hit cardio between every set.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich... View Post
                    Back and biceps this morning.4 sets of lat pull downs, 4 sets of dumbbell rows, 4 sets of cable rows for back. 5 sets of straight bar curls and 5 sets of dumbbell curls for arms. 6-8 reps on everything and hit cardio between every set.
                    Solid workout sir!

Back and bi’s here too. About half way through and then going to try and jog a couple miles because the misses wants taco’s and tequila brunch

Trying a new workout that seems to be giving me a awesome pump.

Might try mixing it tomorrow with another preworkout that has some more Beta-alanie for the melting face effect lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rich... View Post
                      I like the sound of that. I need to learn some proper form.

Comment

All were 4x10 or 4x12 with one or two high rep drop sets mixed in

Ez bar SS/ straight arm lat pull down and pull ups (5x5)
                        Dumb bell preacher curl SS/ lat pull down
                        Bent over Barbell row SS/ inverted ez bar curls
                        Single arm lay pull downs SS/ horizontal cable curls
                        Seated cable rows SS/ hammer curls
                        TBar row SS/ wise grip Barbell curl
                        Wide grip and narrow grip curl SS/ with cable single arm low and high rows
                        Mch lat pull down SS/ 21’s
                        Laying down something somethings lol SS/ increasing weighted DB Curls

2 Forearms exercises mixed in also

2.15 miles in 17:30
                        850 jump ropes
                        Ez bar preacher curls 4x12

Comment

Originally posted by Gbird View Post

We are going to need some video of that!

Comment

1 mile warm up, Back and tricep SS and finished with 2 exercises. 10 minutes of fat burn on the treadmill and then 12 minutes of leg stretching in the sauna. Just short of 2 hours overall.

150 you are killing it! Good work.

Comment

Alright... I gotta ask... what does “SS” stand for??

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                                Solid workout sir!

Back and bi’s here too. About half way through and then going to try and jog a couple miles because the misses wants taco’s and tequila brunch

Trying a new workout that seems to be giving me a awesome pump.

Might try mixing it tomorrow with another preworkout that has some more Beta-alanie for the melting face effect lol
                                Thanks! Which pre workout are you using. I have added Beta-alinine to c4 to get a better pump.

Comment

Working...
                                X