No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not as easy as Monday but got it done nonetheless....2 hrs total, zone 3 cardio, legs, rowing, abs, shoulders, stretching.

Comment

Today was back and cardio
      Yesterday was arms and cardio
      Day before was chest and core

Comment

The usual warm up then five working sets of 5X10 or 5X8. Shoulders and legs, some giant sets or supersets.

Leg press/seated lateral raise/calf raise-toes in
        Prone leg curl/seated lateral raise/calf raise-toes straight
        Rear delt cable fly/leg extension
        Military press/goblet squat

Chest/back and triceps tomorrow. I'll be glad when the weekend gets here. I haven't slept in in months it seems.

Comment

Shoulders with hiit intervals.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Merry Christmas you gym rats! I hope you made it in over the weekend.

Hit the gym Saturday morning and tore it up. Chest, back and tricep giant sets. I took advantage of it being the Saturday before a holiday and stayed for two hours. 5X5-8 with little to no rest between sets. Kicked my own arse and it was awesome!

Went back on Monday and tore it up again. Nobody in the gym until around 0900. Back, biceps and quads giant sets. Another 2 hours of 5X5-8. I ate a huge breakfast at a local buffet then made it home, showered and took a 4 hour nap!

Another good'n this morning. My usual warmup and 5X8-10 with little to no rest between sets and/or exercises. Trying to increase the intensity a little. Legs and shoulders day. My first day doing front squats since hip surgery too.

Military press/leg extension
            Seated dumbbell lateral raise/calf raises
            Front squat/Dumbbell shoulder press
            Incline dumbbell delt fly

Now a question. My GF wants me to think about competing in one of the fitness contests. I had considered it when I was younger, but I'm nearly 60 now. Anyone ever done this? Anyone else considered it? Do they have a seniors division or is it all height/weight based?

I'm 6'4 and 230 lbs. I haven't determined my body fat, but I'm figuring around 18%. I need to reduce my BF % down below 10% I figure. I don't know if I've got the fortitude to eat clean for that long. I like my Crown and Coke too much.

Comment

Merry Christmas! I was sick all through Christmas and still recovering. I think I'll just start again on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                Merry Christmas you gym rats! I hope you made it in over the weekend.

Hit the gym Saturday morning and tore it up. Chest, back and tricep giant sets. I took advantage of it being the Saturday before a holiday and stayed for two hours. 5X5-8 with little to no rest between sets. Kicked my own arse and it was awesome!

Went back on Monday and tore it up again. Nobody in the gym until around 0900. Back, biceps and quads giant sets. Another 2 hours of 5X5-8. I ate a huge breakfast at a local buffet then made it home, showered and took a 4 hour nap!

Another good'n this morning. My usual warmup and 5X8-10 with little to no rest between sets and/or exercises. Trying to increase the intensity a little. Legs and shoulders day. My first day doing front squats since hip surgery too.

Military press/leg extension
                Seated dumbbell lateral raise/calf raises
                Front squat/Dumbbell shoulder press
                Incline dumbbell delt fly

Now a question. My GF wants me to think about competing in one of the fitness contests. I had considered it when I was younger, but I'm nearly 60 now. Anyone ever done this? Anyone else considered it? Do they have a seniors division or is it all height/weight based?

I'm 6'4 and 230 lbs. I haven't determined my body fat, but I'm figuring around 18%. I need to reduce my BF % down below 10% I figure. I don't know if I've got the fortitude to eat clean for that long. I like my Crown and Coke too much.
                Merry Christmas back at you. If you have a clean way of getting below 18% please pass it on to me. Im not much younger and I cant seem to get below 17-18% no matter how clean I eat or drink.

Took yesterday off but hitting the gym here in a bit. My knee is back to aching as much as it was before surgery. I guess it isnt strong enough yet for all the running on the treadmill. Im going to get off the treadmill and get back on the elliptical and bike.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  Merry Christmas back at you. If you have a clean way of getting below 18% please pass it on to me. Im not much younger and I cant seem to get below 17-18% no matter how clean I eat or drink.

Took yesterday off but hitting the gym here in a bit. My knee is back to aching as much as it was before surgery. I guess it isnt strong enough yet for all the running on the treadmill. Im going to get off the treadmill and get back on the elliptical and bike.

LOL! I know about that trying to eat clean part is difficult. Heck, that's 85% of body building/fitness.

I was an ACE certified trainer for a coupe of years. FMS certifed as well. I can teach you the "pick it up and put it down" part, I can evaluate you, but when it comes to the nutrition part I suck. Flat out.

The "cleanest" i think I've ever eaten was 15 years ago or more. My ex put us on the South Beach diet. My cholesterol was outta whack (still is), but I was working out like a mad man. A 4 day split with a cardio day in the middle and speed laps in the pool after every workout. I was in good shape. I thought we were gonna kill each other in that diet. What she didn't tell me was there were different levels of that diet. She put me/us on the Morbidly Obese part of that diet. No carbs, no alcohol. Nada. I never tested my BF%, but I'm pretty sure I was around 10-12%. I had a six pack starting to pop, but I couldn't do it anymore. I needed to eat. The worst part of it was the lack of energy.

I don't think I can do that again.

Comment

The storm must have made everyone decide to stay in bed this morning because there was just me and one other guy until about 6:15 AM. Pretty nice I gotta admit.

Treadmill warm up and three warm up sets of chest and biceps with 5 working sets 5X5-8 or 5X8-10 depending on the exercise. I try to stick with the 5X5 and go pretty heavy, but the old hip won't let me lift much for incline dumbbell chest press, etc. so I used what my hip would allow and increase the reps and go slower. I'd have asked the other guy to spot me, but I spotted for him and my GF can bench more than him!

Seated wide grip press/barbell curl
                    Incline bilateral press/preacher curl
                    Incline dumbbell fly/incline dumbbell curl
                    Incline bench on smith/hammer curl bar
                    Overhead cable curl

Back and triceps tomorrow before heading out to the lease.

Comment

Despite waking up at 0300 this morning I had a pretty good workout. Back and triceps today 5X5-8 depending on the exercise. My usual walk on the treadmill then three warmup sets and 5 working sets. Supersets today.

Narrow grip T-bar row/body weight dips
                      Narrow grip pulldown/skull crusher
                      Low row supinated grip/Overhead rope extension
                      Wide grip pulldown/cable kickbacks

Leaving for the lease after lunch today sometime. Hopefully I can get a nap in before the GF arrives.

Comment

Rowed 1000m in under 4minutes. May seem slow to others but PR for me. Did a 30 minute cardio session on stair climber and rower.

Yoga session to follow. Just wanted to share my PR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
                          Rowed 1000m in under 4minutes. May seem slow to others but PR for me. Did a 30 minute cardio session on stair climber and rower.

Congrats! Always nice to set a new milestone.

2 hrs and 11 min in the gym today. Warm up, lots of exercises for my legs and knee rehab, abs, zone 2 fatburning cardio(rowing and elliptical), and finished with some stretching.

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post

Congrats on the PR! I haven't done 1000M in my life, so you definitely have me beat.
                            I'm still slacking. We finally got an elliptical, but I haven't cleared out a spot for it yet. I'll join back in on the next thread and start over again. Hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Posting for the last time this year. Ive been hitting it everyday for 2+ hr workouts. Ive got to get this knee/leg strong. If I dont get too liquored up tonight, Im going to hit the scale at the gym in the morning to see where my fat *** is starting the year at. If that doesnt happen, Ill make it in on Thursday. Im going to hate to see the numbers but it is what it is at this point. Yall be safe tonight and have a great time ringing in the New Year.

Comment

Ive been off for 2 weeks. Christmas week I was sick several days then we've had company and been busy the rest of the time. My last kid left home this morning so I plan on hitting back today. Probably off tomorrow for obvious reasons. Lol.

I've been eating right and working out with beachbody since may and have lost 60 pounds. I feel a ton better. This holiday season has reminded me how I miss good food. Every time we party I feel like hell the next day from the sugar and fat. My body craves good fuel now and I respond horrible every time i stray off. I started a different beach body program called liift 4 at Thanksgiving. I haven't lost any more weight but I've gained a lot of muscle. Grown 2.5" in my arms in just 6 weeks. Still burning fat and my clothes keep getting looser so that's what matters. I see a huge change in my physique. I'm taking the oldest child on a Caribbean vacation for college graduation in June. Hope to look good shirtless by then. Lol
                                God bless everyone and i can't wait to see what the next year has in store. Happy new year!

Comment

Working...
                                X