No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P 90 this morning and run a mile this evening. Run my mile in 11 min 50 sec. May not seem impressive but I'm thrilled being I weighed 309 pounds a few months ago. I bet I'm under 10 minutes in 4 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
      I would suspect it's water/fluid intake has increased since you started running.

Chest and biceps today. 3 warmup sets and three working sets. Supersets with weight on the heavier side of moderate for 10-12 reps.

Seated wide grip press/barbell curl
      Incline chest press/preacher curl
      Incline chest fly/standing dumbbell curl
      Pushups/incline dumbbell curl

There's always that ONE guy in the gym. Camped out doing deadlifts, overweight, dropping the bar from waist height. Cracks me up to watch him. Wearing tights, knee wraps, hood rat shoes and acts like Mark "The Bird" Fidrich used to do on the mound for the Rangers. He's got a bottle of something he takes a big whiff of and throws on the gym floor before busting loose with another set.

He's got everyone's attention.
      That's what I was wondering. Maybe inflammation from being severely out of shape.

Comment

Chest/triceps & cardio

Comment

Shoulder and legs today. Can't do much with legs except extensions and curls, but at least I did a little. 4X10

Smith machine shoulder press
          Leg extensions
          Seated lateral raise
          Prone leg curl
          Incline reverse fly

I think tomorrow I'll start back incorporating some cardio. Probably be an elliptical day and maybe some pool work for the hip along with abs.

Comment

Been nursing elbow pain in both arms. Really sucks.

Went yesterday and hit it pretty good despite the pain.

BB bench
            Preacher curls
            hammer curls
            triceps machine inner/outer
            abs/leg lifts
            pec flyes machine
            rowing machine 2000m
            stair stepper 35 minutes

Start elk hunting saturday afternoon. Hoepfully the cardio pays off a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              Been nursing elbow pain in both arms. Really sucks.

Went yesterday and hit it pretty good despite the pain.

BB bench
              Preacher curls
              hammer curls
              triceps machine inner/outer
              abs/leg lifts
              pec flyes machine
              rowing machine 2000m
              stair stepper 35 minutes

Start elk hunting saturday afternoon. Hoepfully the cardio pays off a little bit.
              Good luck on the hunt. Have you tried any elbow sleeves while working out? I did on a recommendation from this thread and they helped a ton. My left elbow isnt 100% but the pain is definitely gone. Part of my problem was flexing my wrist under load during certain exercises. Doc said to keep my wrists rigid when doing them. That has helped as well.

Comment

3 way DB lunge reach.
                Skater hops.
                Crossover step ups.
                Hip bucks.
                Windshield wipers.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yall do all this fancy stuff. I feel bad getting on here posting that I did my p 90 today. Also ran a mile and knocked a minute and six seconds off my time from Monday. Monday was 11:51 today was 10:45. Looks like I'll be under that 10 minute goal sooner than later. Add the 5 miles I walked at work today and another mile after running this evening. My **** is dragging!

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
                    Yall do all this fancy stuff. I feel bad getting on here posting that I did my p 90 today. Also ran a mile and knocked a minute and six seconds off my time from Monday. Monday was 11:51 today was 10:45. Looks like I'll be under that 10 minute goal sooner than later. Add the 5 miles I walked at work today and another mile after running this evening. My **** is dragging!

Are you doing the original power 90, or P90X?

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                      Are you doing the original power 90, or P90X?

I started with the original 90. My cousin is a beach body coach and convinced my wife to sign up. Its 50 miles to the closest gym from my house.

Comment

2.5 hrs in the gym today from start to finish. Cardio, stretching, shoulders, traps, abs, more cardio and then more stretching. I was whipped. The off day and a solid 8 hrs of sleep had me fired up today.

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
                          I started with the original 90. My cousin is a beach body coach and convinced my wife to sign up. Its 50 miles to the closest gym from my house.

I workout at home also. I've done several of the beach body plans. P90X and Body Beast have been my favorites. I don't follow any of the nutrition plans though.

Comment

I workout at home also. I've done several of the beach body plans. P90X and Body Beast have been my favorites. I don't follow any of the nutrition plans though.

yeah I dont think beer is part of the nutrition plan.

Comment

We don't follow the meal plan either. We just eat fresh clean meals 90%of the time. No processed food, sugar or bread. All the fresh meat veggies, nuts, and fruit we want and about 6 times a day. Once a week we'll go eat a cheeseburger and ice cream. Seems to be working well. As far as 90 x, I think I'll try it after this round of p 90. Its easy enough for my out of shape self.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                                yeah I dont think beer is part of the nutrition plan.
                                It'd be a whole lot cooler if it was![emoji1]

Comment

Working...
                                X