No announcement yet.

Arctic Blast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like we will warm up gradually as we head into the weekend with a break from the cold well into next week. Currently there are -70 degree temps in Siberia and some models try to bring this cold into western Canada later this month around the 26th. The upper air pattern looks to remain in place for the res of the month/ beginning of February so something to watch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Top pic MAY be texas, not sure... bottom pic for sure AIN'T Texas!! Dude would be holding a TEXAS flag! I call BS/photoshop!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Top pic MAY be texas, not sure... bottom pic for sure AIN'T Texas!! Dude would be holding a TEXAS flag! I call BS/photoshop!
        And he'd be waist deep, next to a duck boat with a beer in his other hand!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          And he'd be waist deep, next to a duck boat with a beer in his other hand!
          AW heck Dale, just noticed something else... the whole thang is totally fake!! The dude in the top is looking through the WRONG side o' tha blinds... look and the strangs and opener stick!!

sombody get a rope!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
            Looks like we will warm up gradually as we head into the weekend with a break from the cold well into next week. Currently there are -70 degree temps in Siberia and some models try to bring this cold into western Canada later this month around the 26th. The upper air pattern looks to remain in place for the res of the month/ beginning of February so something to watch.

Interesting

Comment

AW heck Dale, just noticed something else... the whole thang is totally fake!! The dude in the top is looking through the WRONG side o' tha blinds... look and the strangs and opener stick!!

sombody get a rope!

Comment

People at work are talking models and saying there should be another artic blast about 15 days out. Anyone know the extended forecast?

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                  People at work are talking models and saying there should be another artic blast about 15 days out. Anyone know the extended forecast?
                  Models are indicating some more cold air entering Texas around 1/27 & 28th. But this time the intrusion is from the west and air does not appear to be nearly as cold as the previous intrusions.

Comment

Sure hope that 1/27-28 stuff is dry!! I don't like huntin' in tha rain OR SNOW!

Comment

Sure hope that 1/27-28 stuff is dry!! I don't like huntin' in tha rain OR SNOW!
                      I don’t, at least not for my area, we need moisture in a bad way. Everything is a static shock waiting to be touched, and each day bring a new cotton gin fire. Plus I need a snow day with my kids followed by a day of calling coyotes in cold conditions. The snow is just a bonus for the latter!

Comment

Interesting Oymyakon, Russia generally considered the coldest inhabited place on earth. Earlier this week it reached MINUS 88 F. It reached Minus 90 there in February 1933, which also marks the coldest temp in Texas history, minus 23 in Seminole.

I doubt that sort of cold is headed this way again, but that would be the source region for this next batch of cold air

Comment

I think thats the system they were talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                            I don’t, at least not for my area, we need moisture in a bad way. Everything is a static shock waiting to be touched, and each day bring a new cotton gin fire. Plus I need a snow day with my kids followed by a day of calling coyotes in cold conditions. The snow is just a bonus for the latter!
                            Well maybe this next front will do the opposite that this last one did... Out here on the Prairie, we have PLENTY of wet for a while... Would love to send some your way. I'll shoot up a little prayer for some moisture for you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                              I think thats the system they were talking about.
                              Yes, it will be the fist week or 2 of February IF it happens.

Comment

I want a couple of snow days with my kids. Bring it right to Grayson county!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X