No announcement yet.

Buck recovered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! Nice rack. I'd have been sick at my stomach not be able room find that one. At least you finally got him.

I know someone commented on the "game police" telling us how to handle this. That begs the question from me, since I don't know the answer. Is there anything that has to be done with a deer recovered a year later? Is there any law on tagging or notifying the state in any way? How does this work? Do you just recover and go on your way?

Comment

Congratulations on finding the rack

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
        Wow! Nice rack. I'd have been sick at my stomach not be able room find that one. At least you finally got him.

I know someone commented on the "game police" telling us how to handle this. That begs the question from me, since I don't know the answer. Is there anything that has to be done with a deer recovered a year later? Is there any law on tagging or notifying the state in any way? How does this work? Do you just recover and go on your way?
        Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        Did you tag him with last years tag?

I'm sure the game police will be here soon to tell us how to handle this LOL
        I did tag him and just burned a tag for this year. I took him to the taxi to get it cleaned and color restored and prepared for a euro mount and I didn't want the taxi to get in trouble if something did come up. It was worth it to me but I'm unsure on the law.

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
        Awesome! Did you find the pig?
        Yes pig was caught as well. Thanks yall, I sure was sick last year and this help's for sure feel like it's finally closed.

Comment

That is awesome! Must not be any squirrels in that area

Comment

Love the symmetry! Beautiful and congrats!

Comment

My squirrels would have eaten all the tips!
              Glad you found him
              Is it possible he didn’t die immediately and died within 100 yards days or weeks later?
              Did you write up the search last year? Live pics
              And score guesses?
              Just a guess of 140.

BP

Comment

Nice buck. Glad you found him.

Comment

Congrats on finally finding him.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    Looks like the antlers are still in good shape
                    Exactly what I was thinking.

Congratulations on finding him!

Comment

Glad you found him! Pretty buck!

Comment

Luck they are still in that condition. I would have expected them to be faded white by now with squirrels working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          Looks like the antlers are still in good shape
                          After a year in the Texas sun this was my first thought. They must have been shaded really well not to bleach out. Glad you found him before the squirrels!
                          Last edited by JonBoy; 12-28-2017, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Good to hear!

Comment

Really surprised the rats or squirrels didn't mess up your rack. Gives me so hope on still finding a 8 inch drop time buck I wounded last year and never found. Glad you found him nice deer for sure.

Comment

Congrats on finding him.
                                I found a pig that way a couple of years ago. I had shot a pig and couldn't find him. The next year, while tracking a doe I shot, I found the skull of the pig I had shot previously (part of my arrow was just a few feet away). The skull was completely clean of any flesh/hair, etc. and was missing only a couple of teeth (not the cutters).
                                I took it home, washed it a little and sprayed a little paint on it for the cheapest pig euro ever!

Comment

Working...
                                X