Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

School me on a mortgage loan for us 1099 guys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic rundown:

I left my company job nearly a year ago now to start my own business as an independent contractor. (Construction)

Looking like I will NET around 100k my first year (business is crazy busy in my area)

Assets: 25 acres and my company.
    Debt: $1,000 monthly rent and phone bill. Everything else I paid cash for.
    Credit score: 750ish

I want to build a house on the land I own and was wondering if it is even possible to do this through a lender with my lack of tax returns. Nothing crazy big. $150k loan would be plenty for me. I would think that using my land as collateral would be enough for a bank to loan???

Anyone have experience with this? Maybe there is a special loan designed for guys like me? Maybe a No doc loan? Any help is appreciated

Was easy for me but I had a relationship with home town bank. Heck they would send money contractors needed as I texted them while we were building. If you have a small town bank you trust I’d go that way and they can explain your options

Comment

You might want to talk to a CPA before you do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
        Was easy for me but I had a relationship with home town bank. Heck they would send money contractors needed as I texted them while we were building. If you have a small town bank you trust I’d go that way and they can explain your options
        That’s the kind of bank I need. Was it privately owned or a farm bureau?

Comment

Every loan [dance] is different. When we bought this house it was like a 10 minute phone call. Paid it off a couple of months back.

You should be fine..............

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
            Every loan [dance] is different. When we bought this house it was like a 10 minute phone call. Paid it off a couple of months back.

You should be fine..............
            Every bank I talked to wouldn’t give me time of day without 2 years of returns.... even with the land and a sizable down payment. Guess I’m using the wrong banks.

Comment

Originally posted by CodyWitt View Post
              Basic rundown:

I left my company job nearly a year ago now to start my own business as an independent contractor. (Construction)

Looking like I will NET around 100k my first year (business is crazy busy in my area)

Assets: 25 acres and my company.

Debt: $1,000 monthly rent and phone bill. Everything else I paid cash for.

Credit score: 750ish

I want to build a house on the land I own and was wondering if it is even possible to do this through a lender with my lack of tax returns. Nothing crazy big. $150k loan would be plenty for me. I would think that using my land as collateral would be enough for a bank to loan???

Anyone have experience with this? Maybe there is a special loan designed for guys like me? Maybe a No doc loan? Any help is appreciated

PM sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CodyWitt View Post
                That’s the kind of bank I need. Was it privately owned or a farm bureau?
                Private

Comment

if you make a 100k a year net being self employed you should be able to get most any kind of loan With a 1099trail you can prove your income to any loan co

Comment

Originally posted by clay4626 View Post
                    if you make a 100k a year net being self employed you should be able to get most any kind of loan With a 1099trail you can prove your income to any loan co
                    Yes, but banks are a different animal. I went thru this 17 years ago and the banker man pizzed me off. I went to a real good CPA and learned why the banker man said no. Had nothing to do with credit score or net profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                      You might want to talk to a CPA before you do anything.

You need a CPA anyway and he/she will be able to put you in contact with the kind of bank you are needing. Congrats on your new business success. The bad news is that you are about to be hit hard by the tax man. The good news is a good CPA can help. If possible, it would be better to meet with one this week so that they can possibly advise you of anything you might want to consider doing before year end.

Comment

If I remember correctly the average loan company needs two years of an established income if self employed to qualify for a home. That being said the right hometown bank may be the best route.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                          Yes, but banks are a different animal. I went thru this 17 years ago and the banker man pizzed me off. I went to a real good CPA and learned why the banker man said no. Had nothing to do with credit score or net profit.
                          What did it have to do with?

I've been self employed my whole life and never had an issue. I'm just curious as to what to look out for in the future if ya'll are having issues.....

Comment

Originally posted by Plain Lucky View Post

You need a CPA anyway and he/she will be able to put you in contact with the kind of bank you are needing. Congrats on your new business success. The bad news is that you are about to be hit hard by the tax man. The good news is a good CPA can help. If possible, it would be better to meet with one this week so that they can possibly advise you of anything you might want to consider doing before year end.
                            You Dang Skippy, tax man is da devil.

My worst effective tax rate was 33% one time and that aint counting 12% self employment tax. I liked to died when I wrote that check.
                            My CPA laughed and said I told you to pay more quarterly tax, but you know everything so here you are. I was balling,Lol.

Comment

It's not that the banks don't want to make the loan. The problem comes in when the banking examiners show up. Government regulation really screws up deals like yours.

Comment

Working...
                              X