Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santa came late! Best bow buck to date!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great mass on that buck. Congrats!

Comment

Nice. I bet the neighbors going to be jealous lol.

Comment

that is one of the coolest deer ive seen on here in a long time!

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
          Wallhanger, for sure! Very nice buck. Can’t believe he didn’t bleed more, looks like you put an excellent shot on him.
          The shot was exactly where I was holding it, and upon dressing him, both lungs were hammered, and even clipped the top of the heart. His body language didn't show a lung shot at, as he just bolted out of there like a spooked deer.

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
          Congratulations! Very unique deer.

Have you shared the news with your neighbor that was hunting this deer?
          ....might b good closure for them ! Haha.
          The neighbor knows he's not going to be running around anymore. I went to school with her, and she actually works with my mom now, so my mom got an ear full all day about it she said. She's not a big hunter by any means, but she'd seen him a couple times and got a picture of him chasing a doe thru their place earlier last month when she was driving in apparently and she had him labeled as her deer. I still haven't heard from her personally, but I'm sure she'll let me know all about it knowing her!

Originally posted by postman View Post
          Great buck, but he's and example of what's wrong with the 13'' antler restriction in some Texas counties. Might make a man do something illegal. Congrats.
          Yes, he definitely had that potential to do that! He'd have been a deer most folks would have ground checked to see if he met the 13" mark.

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
          Holy cow what a rack! I'll bet he looked 3 stories tall when he walked in to your set. Congratulations on getting him with your bow. Looks like almost perfect shot placement from the pictures. It is tough to blood trail a deer in that tall grass. Wonder if the trail got any better the closer you got to him?
          Every time I saw him in the flesh, I think he grew taller, or it may have just been the anticipation of hoping he'd come all the way in! The grass is so tall where he lived and where I was hunting, I could only make out tips of ears or occasionally a head when does would start working their way in, but when he'd show himself, his rack stood up above the grass almost like a sharks fin sticks out of the water when they get near the surface so he'd always stand out!

Shot was as good as it could have been. Once we dropped the dog, we let her do her thing and watched her, so we really didn't pay much attention to really looking for blood, but when she'd get on a "hot" trail, I'd try to look for blood but didn't see much. Towards the end of the track about 40 yards out when I was looking for the dog's lighted collar, I just happened to glance over and saw a spot where the buck had come through and the grass was painted in blood, so I'm sure there was other spots like that we just didn't see them.

Comment

Cool buck, congrats!!

Comment

Awesome cool looking buck

Comment

He is definitely bigger on the ground than he was in the photos. I didn't notice the mass etc in the photos you had of him. Stud

Comment

That's a cool buck. Not wide but age made him 'blow up'. Congratulations!

Comment

Crazy cool buck, congrats

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                      He is definitely bigger on the ground than he was in the photos. I didn't notice the mass etc in the photos you had of him. Stud

I honestly didn't realize his mass was as good as it was either, even after looking at hundreds of photos of him. The pictures I posted aren't the best though as they were just pics I'd taken with my phone off my camera screen. Even with that, his rack had so much going on, I think it just overshadowed his mass.

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                      That's a cool buck. Not wide but age made him 'blow up'. Congratulations!

Haha yep that's about right! I caped him out this evening and he was older than I'd expected. I was guessing four, but teeth so 6 plus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry man. I don’t believe you. There’s no deer in Oklahoma!
                        Congrats on a stud buck. Very cool critter!

Comment

Congratulations on an awesome buck

Comment

Nice Buck!

Comment

What an awesome buck.
                              Big Congrats!

Comment

Nice one, congrats bud

Comment

Working...
                                X