No announcement yet.

****** off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand your frustration but it happpens on my lease all the time. I’ve just had to accept that not everyone wants to be patient. I still pass and just hope that it pays off someday. But it took time to get over it. Now I just look at what they shoot, congratulate them and move on. They paid to. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
      If you shoot him, you're no different than your neighbors.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
      This right here. If you kill him he won't get older. If you pass him they may not see him. Be happy for the guy. You control what happens on your place. Not on theirs. Be happy for the guy. He looks very very happy. There are much bigger things to worry about.

Comment

I've never been one but upset over someone legally killing a deer. I have seen some 3 year old 8 points killed that were headed to the taxi. I wouldn't even Europe mount them. If it makes the hunter happy then I'm happy for them. If they are just shooting it for meat I'd rather see them shoot a slick head

Comment

I will say that if everyone has agreed upon a set of terms that deer are "managed" by, then yes it can get aggravating. HOWEVER, You have to decide for yourself what your own personal preferences are. Asking if any of us would take the second choice buck is like asking a peasant if they would take a gold coin from a King. LOL Of course we would, and be happy about it just like the other guy was about the 9.
          With that, I get to hunt on a few really nice places and the buck in my avatar has absolutely no representation of what is there, except, he was a cull. I look at a lot of good and young bucks through the season, many of which are bigger and better than anything I have taken. But I would rather have taken the 3 yr old 6 pt then one of those others. I like to watch them grow when I know there is a chance of one really making something.

Comment

It sounds like to me that yalls 3 different leases are on different pages. If I were you I would try to schedule a meeting between yall and figure out a game plan for what to shoot and what to pass on. We have done this with 2/4 of our neighbors and it has helped dramatically. 2 of our neighbors do not wish to participate so they still shoot whatever but that's just how it goes.weve passed on quite a few 150plus 4.5 year Olds out in the hill country and some get shot and some have made it to 170s. It's the chance you have to take but to us it's always worth it. Best of luck to you

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

I never judge others on their choice to shoot or not. Not my place, I say shoot or dont. What ever you do dont look back and second guess yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Congrats to the hunter. Judging by the smile on his face he looks happy as hell!.. That's what it is all about!
                This 👍

Comment

We can’t get many to 6 on our south end. A lot get shot at 4 on a neighbor. We don’t want to be that neighbor so we just take our lumps and hope one or two skate through to the next year.

Comment

If I found my picture online with some dude griping I would whip the **** out of him next time we met at or around lease. Man up and talk to him, or shut up. Pretty simple.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                      If I found my picture online with some dude griping I would whip the **** out of him next time we met at or around lease. Man up and talk to him, or shut up. Pretty simple.
                      ^^^^^^drops the mic and walks off^^^^^^^

Comment

We judge ourselves by our intentions but we judge others by our expectations.

Comment

I can understand if (and only if) there was an agreed upon understanding on this buck specifically. Just saying that you all agree to let them get old doesn’t mean much because no one can perfectly age them on the hoof unless you’ve followed anbuck since it was a fawn.

My neighbor and I specifically agreed to not shoot a certain buck a few years back because he was really nice, but clearly no older than 3. I could have shot him a dozen times but we agreed before the season to let him walk under the thought he’d be fantastic the next year. Sure enough, he ended up taking a bad bow shot on him and wounding him. I got game cam pics for a couple of weeks and then he disappeared never to be seen again. Pretty sure he died.

That ****** me off, but only because we had a very clear agreement on that specific deer.

Comment

Originally posted by STONE KILLER View Post

He looks very happy, good for him he got meat. I’m just saying roughly 7,000 acres all of us on the “same page”then this happens makes me weary on what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            You do you and don't worry about what others do...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Relax and have a crown and coke. It's deer hunting not the end of the world. Probably shouldn't post the guys picture without his knowledge just my opinion take it for what it's worth.
                                Last edited by sharkhunter; 12-25-2017, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X