Christmas Traditions.... What are y'alls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Traditions.... What are y'alls

For the last 6 yrs Riley and I go to Great Wolf Lodge for a little Christmas Vacation. On the last night , while on our daddy/daughter date, we scan the resteraunt for a family we think are enjoying themselves and what not and pick up the tab without them knowing. Last night we picked a African American Family. They had two little boys who came up to me while waiting for a table and introduced themselves. They were impressed with my belt buckle I had won riding bareback horses and said they've never met a rodeo( retired) cowboy. They were so well mannered and the parents and grandparents were just nice as could be. Watching them as a family was a pleasure. So what's some of y'alls Christmas traditions ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	25135333
    Last edited by BrandonA; 12-24-2017, 06:19 PM.

That's really cool Brandon!

Ours is usually going around town looking at Christmas lights on my wife's birthday, December 21. Unfortunately, my boys are older now and the youngest hasn't been home the past 2 years, so we haven't done it. I like your tradition and may have to adopt something like that next year.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Our tradition this year is we are not giving each other presents tomorrow! Just me and the wife and the dogs, we have no tree or lights up and will celebrate by sleeping in and I will get up and cook her an egg and crisp bacon breakfast tomorrow morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        Our tradition this year is we are not giving each other presents tomorrow! Just me and the wife and the dogs, we have no tree or lights up and will celebrate by sleeping in and I will get up and cook her an egg and crisp bacon breakfast tomorrow morning.
        I don't buy presents either. My Christmas to Riley is our Christmas Vacation. The great gift I can give her and she can give me is each other's time and the memories we share.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          I don't buy presents either. My Christmas to Riley is our Christmas Vacation. The great gift I can give her and she can give me is each other's time and the memories we share.
          No vacations during the Christmas season or 4th of July season, wife is in the wholesale/retail fireworks business as the VP of operations in NM and TX!

Comment

We usually go on a trip but wife started new job this year

Comment

What and where us Wolf Creek Lodge? Thanks for your post.

Comment

German sausage and sauerkraut for Christmas Eve dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                  What and where us Wolf Creek Lodge? Thanks for your post.
                  Grapevine Texas. Outdoor themed indoor water park /lodge

Comment

I posted this last year on a similar thread but here it is again.

When my wife and I got married we each had a little girl, hers was 8 and mine was 6. She decided to start a tradition where every Christmas Eve she would give each one of them a new pair of pajamas. They are 29 and 27 now and living on their own but they will be here tonight expecting a new pair of PJ's. My ex passed away in November of 2008 and she had a daughter who was 11 at the time. Paige started coming to our house regularly after that. She's 20 now and she gets a new pair of PJ's too. I have the very definition of a blended family but I don't know what I'd do without any one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Marion View Post
                      I posted this last year on a similar thread but here it is again.

When my wife and I got married we each had a little girl, hers was 8 and mine was 6. She decided to start a tradition where every Christmas Eve she would give each one of them a new pair of pajamas. They are 29 and 27 now and living on their own but they will be here tonight expecting a new pair of PJ's. My ex passed away in November of 2008 and she had a daughter who was 11 at the time. Paige started coming to our house regularly after that. She's 20 now and she gets a new pair of PJ's too. I have the very definition of a blended family but I don't know what I'd do without any one of them.
                      That's cool as hell!!!

Comment

Tamales and the wife and I don't buy gifts for one another. We buy something for the house or the ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by marion View Post
                          i posted this last year on a similar thread but here it is again.

When my wife and i got married we each had a little girl, hers was 8 and mine was 6. She decided to start a tradition where every christmas eve she would give each one of them a new pair of pajamas. They are 29 and 27 now and living on their own but they will be here tonight expecting a new pair of pj's. My ex passed away in november of 2008 and she had a daughter who was 11 at the time. Paige started coming to our house regularly after that. She's 20 now and she gets a new pair of pj's too. I have the very definition of a blended family but i don't know what i'd do without any one of them.
                          awesome!!!

Comment

Great stuff Brandon. Bringing her up right.

Comment

Mine is to drink whiskey while assembling everything tonight and correct my mistakes tomorrow morning!

As a family, it's to go looking at lights together. We like the ones at Fort Hood BLORA and Marble Falls the best. For BLORA, we take a thermos of hot chocolate, cups, blankets, etc. and the kids ride in the bed of truck wrapped in blankets drinking hot chocolate and looking at the lights.

Kids also get a new pair of PJs, bake cookies for santa, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X