No announcement yet.

New approach to massive COON PROBLEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, see below. I have a coon problem. I've never really minded the savages eating a little corn off the ground. But i do have a problem with them doing chin ups on protein feeder heads, raking feed out of gravity feeders, and generally being problem children. So, the time has come. I've just purchased 12 Dukes Coon Cuffs. Intend to begin thinning out raccoons this weekend. With extreme prejudice. Cuffs, bow & arrows, rifles, rocks, whatever it takes.

So the questions are these. Does the "presentation" of the cuffs matter? Straight up, angled, one big marshmallow in the bottom, or a couple of smaller ones, etc. Help a brother out with Coon Cuffs best practices.

I have every intention of adding to this count before the end of the year.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
      So, see below. I have a coon problem. I've never really minded the savages eating a little corn off the ground. But i do have a problem I have every intention of adding to this count before the end of the year.

I

Save your time and money and get CoonHoods..... I tried everything and I bet I was feeding 40-50% of feed if not more to coons.

I just pulled camera cards for over 80 days and had thousands of photos and only THREE..... yes, that’s “3” pictures of a raccoon that was just strolling by. I will never own another protein feeder without a CoonHood attached. They literally paid for themselves in one feeder fill. Since installation, I also have almost double the amount of bucks coming to the feeder.

Best deer feeding product I’ve ever upgraded to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
        I

Save your time and money and get CoonHoods..... I tried everything and I bet I was feeding 40-50% of feed if not more to coons.

I just pulled camera cards for over 80 days and had thousands of photos and only THREE..... yes, that’s “3” pictures of a raccoon that was just strolling by. I will never own another protein feeder without a CoonHood attached. They literally paid for themselves in one feeder fill. Since installation, I also have almost double the amount of bucks coming to the feeder.

Best deer feeding product I’ve ever upgraded to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Wow! Really appreciate that!

Comment

if you put the snare thru a slit in the side of a plastic 5 gallon bucket near the top, nail the bucket horizontally to the base of a tree, cut a 6" hole in the bottom of the bucket, TIGHTLY wire some rat-wire across the "peekhole", the coon will be forced to stick his neck inside of the noose. If dogs are a risk, you can also use vertically-oriented Conibears on a baited log, up out of dog reach, or use the bucket snare atop a such a big limb or log. Power the "one-way" noose of the cable snare with a bungee cord. Check out a website called "MeatTrapper".

Comment

I've got one dozen cuffs. I've got live traps. I've got bow and arrows. I'm going on multiple attack platforms.

COONHOOD: Please see second picture in Post 106 above. Do you have a product that will fit an old Monarch two port gravity feeder? Please PM me. Thanks so much~

Comment

Kool...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                I've got one dozen cuffs. I've got live traps. I've got bow and arrows. I'm going on multiple attack platforms.

COONHOOD: Please see second picture in Post 106 above. Do you have a product that will fit an old Monarch two port gravity feeder? Please PM me. Thanks so much~

Mike, I don’t have a model made for this feeder, however from what I can tell it looks like a simple square chute and if so I can create one for you. Just need a little better picture and I will send you a sketch of the dimensions I need confirmed. Please contact me at hpopnoe@coonhood.com or through the website www.coonhood.com

Comment

Working...
                X