Clear All

Very cool!

Comment

Thats pretty cool stuff.

Comment

That's awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Deepwoods View Post
          I have land North of Lampasas. There is a herd of White whitetails there that I see almost every time I go. I'm told they have been there for over 20 years. They are kind of "protected". They hang around a farmers house and his fields, just off 281. I was told by the local processor, if I were to shoot one don't bring it to him, he won't process it. They are well known around town there. I have seen herds of as many as 13 white ones at a time. There are different levels of white. Some have brown and white hair together and look like a tan color. Others are solid white. I have seen Solid white doe's with twin fawns one white the other regular brown. What is funny is I have never seen a white buck. Only white doe's. When I see a buck with them he is always a normal whitetail brown color. I'm wondering if this is a gene that is only passed to females. Here are some of the pictures I got of them, sorry they are so poor quality, all were taken with my phone.
          I have seen them, I saw them or some just like them in a wheat field just outside lampasas prob 15yr ago. Still have the video somehwere. Juat like these pics there was all different shades including a buck but like you said he was normal color I believe. All whitetail. They flagged when the left the field. Was really cool, were def whitetail.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepwoods View Post
            I have land North of Lampasas. There is a herd of White whitetails there that I see almost every time I go. I'm told they have been there for over 20 years. They are kind of "protected". They hang around a farmers house and his fields, just off 281. I was told by the local processor, if I were to shoot one don't bring it to him, he won't process it. They are well known around town there. I have seen herds of as many as 13 white ones at a time. There are different levels of white. Some have brown and white hair together and look like a tan color. Others are solid white. I have seen Solid white doe's with twin fawns one white the other regular brown. What is funny is I have never seen a white buck. Only white doe's. When I see a buck with them he is always a normal whitetail brown color. I'm wondering if this is a gene that is only passed to females. Here are some of the pictures I got of them, sorry they are so poor quality, all were taken with my phone.

I've seen the same herd. It was about 5 years ago, and a nice buck ran across 281 in front of me.

Comment

I see those same deer every once in a while. I know close to where you hunt. They hang out on 963 across from Castleberry's if I am correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookiemonster1 View Post
                I see those same deer every once in a while. I know close to where you hunt. They hang out on 963 across from Castleberry's if I am correct.
                We're a few miles off the highway off of 2806

Comment

Still a cool pic. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I used to see a couple of piebald ones just outside of Evant when I hunted around Bee House about 15 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Those are cool pics.

I've seen a white doe and a piebald buck in PA over the years. I passed them both. My brother-in-law shot what I think is the same white doe in rifle season, a few weeks after I saw it in archery.

Comment

Working...
                      X