No announcement yet.

What credit card do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the Southwest Chase Visa. But I fly Southwest a lot. It’s even better since Southwest added so many international destinations. As well as my points I qualify for a companion pass so my wife flys free with me on any flight I book. And yes, pay it off monthly, always have.

Comment

Well we fly very infrequently, once a year maybe, but probably would more if it was cheaper.

Comment

I've used Discover for a long time. No fees, 5% back on certain items, 1% on all.

Comment

So guys getting 2% back on all purchases. Do you make your mortgage payment with these cards then just pay if off each month? That would be the biggest bill, or do you pay all bills with these credit cards then just pay them off?

Comment

Originally posted by mad34b View Post
            Capital One Venture card. 2x miles for every dollar spent.
            This is the real winner

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
              So guys getting 2% back on all purchases. Do you make your mortgage payment with these cards then just pay if off each month? That would be the biggest bill, or do you pay all bills with these credit cards then just pay them off?
              I know my mortgage wont let me pay by CC and I think that is pretty common. I could be wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                I know my mortgage wont let me pay by CC and I think that is pretty common. I could be wrong though.
                Just remember you can't pay credit, with credit. i.e. mortgage, car loans

Comment

Originally posted by txcooker10 View Post
                  Just remember you can't pay credit, with credit. i.e. mortgage, car loans
                  Gotcha, never done it so did not know. So guys are paying all bills their bills and just paying them off?

Comment

Originally posted by Young gun 12 View Post
                    This is the real winner
                    How does that beat a flat 2% cash back? The venture that earns 2x miles has an annual fee of $95.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
                      Gotcha, never done it so did not know. So guys are paying all bills their bills and just paying them off?
                      I only use a credit card for a bill that will not charge me or give me a discount if I paid cash. The main ones are cell phone and cable. They will not offer cash discount and do not charge me to use the credit card. Of course gas, groceries and entertainment are the same way.

Comment

Chase Sapphire Reserve

Comment

Originally posted by EliteDriver View Post
                          Cabela's....pay it off every month and earn Cabela's $$$

Yep....what i do too.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                            You do understand that paying with a credit card and paying it off every month is the same as paying cash except somebody is paying you to use their money?

I make my purchasing decisions on how much cash I have in my bank account not how much credit I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            BINGO! Some people immediately think that using a credit card costs you money. My wife and I started paying everything we could with a credit card when we got married because neither of us had much credit history. We pay it off every month and have never paid a single fee or penny in interest. I guess the difference is that we were both raised to live within our means and understand our finances. The only thing we’ve ever financed is our home and vehicles.

Oh, and to keep on topic, the Citi Double Cash card is my go-to currently. 2% cash back on all purchases and no fee. I like that it’s straightforward and not different perks for different categories.
                            Last edited by Bowtech1233; 02-01-2018, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Southwest Rewards Visa

Comment

Southwest aurlines

Comment

Working...
                                X