What credit card do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NBK75 View Post
    Dave Ramsey ... why pay 4% to earn 2% ....
    Explain that one to me. Whether I pay my $100 bill with cash or with CC, its still the same. Except, I get 3% back on groceries when using a CC, and end up with a cool grand of extra funds each year.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
      I hear that argument from time to time, and I don’t buy it. The only caveat is it may be the case for people who don’t handle money well in the first place.
      Bingo!

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
        Everyone above is mentioning paying it off every month. Where is the 4% going?
        In for this as well. What I don't get is paying some dude to tell you not to do dumb **** with your money if you can't afford it. I've also found few, if any, places that will cut you a cash deal on anything anymore. Credit card companies make a ton of money on people that need Dave Ramsey to tell them to quit pissing off money on things they can't afford. Credit card companies don't fancy people like us that pay the balance each month. Looking into another card myself and it looks like the chase cards have a good cash back rate.
        Last edited by kck; 12-18-2017, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Because we pay cash for everything no need to pay a interest rate. Live within your means is what we live by.
          Yep we live by that as well and don’t pay an interest rate either

Dave Ramsey ... why pay 4% to earn 2% ....
          Well I pay 0% because I carry no balance ever. If anyone offers a discount for cash or check, which isn’t too common anymore, I use that but very few if any offer a discount to use a debit card. We avg a little over 2% back plus the other benefits so we come out well ahead with our card.

Ramsey is good for people who need it but not all people handle money the same way

Comment

I knew the Dave Ramsey stuff would get hammered lol. He helps folks that can't manage their money. Say you pay off a $40k car loan. You made nothing. Get a low interest rate and make payments. Invest that 40k. You'll probably make a fair return if done right. Dave won't tell you that. He has helped a lot of people. A lot of people don't need his help.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              I knew the Dave Ramsey stuff would get hammered lol. He helps folks that can't manage their money. Say you pay off a $40k car loan. You made nothing. Get a low interest rate and make payments. Invest that 40k. You'll probably make a fair return if done right. Dave won't tell you that. He has helped a lot of people. A lot of people don't need his help.
              Correct, I didn't answer your original question, we use a couple capital one cards (rewards, sapphire) and also have a "bucees" card that deducts 10 cents a gallon at the pump (makes me smile when the number is lowered on the pump). All pay me to use their services annually, getting paid to use a service feels like a win to me...

Comment

Sapphire Reserve

Comment

Originally posted by cfortner View Post
                  The Citi 2% card is hard to beat. No annual fee and 2% cash back on everything purchased.
                  Yes it is!!!

I have a BassPro card and pay everything off each month. Bought my $1200 safe with rewards points and just bought brothers Christmas gift with points.

BP is kinda expensive, so I only buy from them when I price match

Comment

Because we pay cash for everything no need to pay a interest rate. Live within your means is what we live by.
                    I live within my means and have 2 CC's but both are paid off each month and our only interest is our mortgage at 3.8%.

Yes it is smarter to pay cash as you end up spending ALOT LESS!!!

I do understand that..as I am a Dave Ramsey supporter

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie_bowtech View Post
                      None. Cut my one credit card up after leaving the Dave Ramsey Show live in San Antonio in 2012. Wife and I have been paying cash since and no debts.

All the arguers talking about how you make back money on credit cards and HEB cards, etc. don't understand that the whole premise is that when you use a card (of any sort) it is much easier to spend more. They did studies and monitored the brain activity for people using cash vs. card and there is a sadness type brain function when you use cash. No such thing when you swipe a card.

If that isn't true then go buy 100 bags of corn and 100 bottles of vanilla from HEB and let me know which one is harder to do - cash or card?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      The crowd that needs Dave Ramsey is the same crowd that can't handle a credit card. What the Dave Ramsey sheeple forget is not everyone is in that crowd.

Comment

amex

Comment

Bingo. I was that way when I was young and dumb, but I've learned my lesson. I'll be flying to New Orleans, & Disney World for free this year with my southwest points....

Comment

Originally posted by Maxxed Outdoors View Post
                            Bingo. I was that way when I was young and dumb, but I've learned my lesson. I'll be flying to New Orleans, & Disney World for free this year with my southwest points....
                            I think we’re going to Aruba

Comment

I use an AMEX Gold. Never had any issues to speak of and the one time I did have to call them it was the most refreshing phone call to a credit card company I had ever experienced, All the customer service reps spoke perfect English and were as nice as could be. Didn't sound like I was talking to a call center on the other side of the world.

Comment

Oh this will be good.

Do you drive a fancy car now? Got a big house? Did Dave Ramsey help make you rich?
                                2008 Cadillac CTS and 2013 Tundra paid off.
                                13 year old in private school
                                And have my oldest in Texas State
                                All paid for cash
                                So yeah I said we live within our means and pay cash for everything, I didn’t say YOU should live within your means, I said WE live within our means, so Felicia ain’t going nowhere...

Comment

Working...
                                X