Trampolines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
    Man, it happens all the time. If a kid has catastrophic injury and bills are piling up a lot of people will sue. Everyone upstream and down gets sued. If their is a product liability suit the homeowner will get sued as well. Trying to inform the guy what can happen if he doesn't check with his insurance carrier and something does happen.
    I wasn’t disagreeing with you at all. It just hacks me off the people in this world.

Comment

Man times have changed, when i was a kid if we weren’t bleeding we weren’t playing hard enough, a boken bone was bragging rights !!! Of coarse when i was younget we didn’t have a trampoline, just a bunch of Cattle to herass. My son wants one and with my skin not being as thick as it once was i am a bit concerned he might get hurt, he is a dare devil and doesn’t have much fear, just dont want to spend every other day at the ER.

Maybe the pit keeping it at ground level will reduce some of the inedible !

Comment

My daughter was 4 years old and my wife and sister took her to a jump park. She got doubled bounced by some punk kid that was somewhere where he shouldn't have been and broke her leg. She was in a cast for 3 1/2 months and walked with a limp for about a month after it came off. We have since sold our one we had the house and won't go back to a jump park. Her dr said he see's a lot of injuries every year from them. And that kids below the age of 8 shouldn't be on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Safe trampoline is a oxymoron

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

the ones with the nets all around are best. we got ours at walmart for $300 i think. It's a 15ft or maybe bigger. 4 kids under 10 do fine in it all together.

Sure kids get hurt all the time on them and cry and stuff but they are super fun.

Comment

Originally posted by rwbrew3 View Post
              Man times have changed, when i was a kid if we weren’t bleeding we weren’t playing hard enough, a boken bone was bragging rights !!! Of coarse when i was younget we didn’t have a trampoline, just a bunch of Cattle to herass. My son wants one and with my skin not being as thick as it once was i am a bit concerned he might get hurt, he is a dare devil and doesn’t have much fear, just dont want to spend every other day at the ER.

Maybe the pit keeping it at ground level will reduce some of the inedible !
              This is how I remember it from years ago. We had one because my sister was a world class diver. I could do double flips with a twist back in the day. I can't remember how many black eyes and bruised bones I had back then. I can tell you the way we used them it was not for sissies. Never broke any bones even when I missed the whole mat and ended up on the ground. If you have fearless kids they will end up with the same. It is just part of it. However now-a-days people will sue you if their kid gets hurt on it.

Comment

Safe? Hell i put mine on a floating dock then jumped off a 10 foot platform so i could do tricks while flipping into the pond

Comment

I 2nd the wish I never had gotten one. My son lost his spleen & half his pancreas in a trampoline accident. He doubled bounced & landed on daughters knee rupturing his spleen & damaging his pancreas enough to have half of it took out.

Comment

I grew up on one and used until every spring flew off. Never a serious injury that I wouldn't have gotten doing something boys would be doing anyway. Never staked down... oddly never blew away. Bought my daughter one a few years ago. Have replaced safety net once already with a better one. She loves it and after almost 3 years no issues. Keeps her outside and active. My nephews have one also and are in better shape than any kids I know because of it. They jump non stop... no injuries yet.

Kids get hurt,... not all kids need one, but kids seem to love them and bones heal

Comment

Check with your homeowners insurance- My agent told me it would be $135 a month added- more than a pool.

Comment

Should NEVER be more than one kid at a time on a trampoline. Still dangerous, but tons of kids hurt because they were jumping at same time as someone else and either collided or got vucked off...

Comment

I'm old school , no helmets,seat belt life jacket when I was a kid. Hell I road half the way to Colorado in the bed of a pickup.
                          But there are two things that will never be at my house, a trampoline and bunk beds.
                          You are asking for trouble with those.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            Check with your homeowners insurance- My agent told me it would be $135 a month added- more than a pool.
                            After we built our last house our insurance came out to do an inspection and saw the trampoline in the back yard, said it had to be removed within 72 hours or they would drop our coverage.

Comment

As a kid we had a friend with an older sister in gymnastics, so they had the good rectangular one that you could flip like crazy and jump onto the roof. Awesome stuff except when you missed the narrow landing and landed in the springs or on the ground. Luckily we neverbroke anything. I've had 1 with a net. Safe enough with 1 at a time or a couple kids similar ages. Gets hard when you have a teenage son with friends and much younger cousins, someone always ends up crying. Made son's friends parents sign waiver as ridiculous as it sounds that we were not responsible for injuries at our place. Have since moved and sold tramp. Don't miss it.

Comment

Academy has a 15' with a net and a goal on sale for $200. Just watch your kids. The pussification continues.

Comment

Working...
                                X