Open carry ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    Early last year there were dozens of threads about how exciting it was gonna be to open carry!

Here's a post I made back when the law passed. I still chuckle.

Phase 1: Open Carry! Hell to the yeah. Time to go Holster shopping. Honey, does this holster look good with these boots? Do you think anyone else in Bible Study will be carrying a glock 19 with a brown deSantis? This is AWESOME! Look at me....I am an open carrying mofo. Try me. Try me. Try me.

Phase 2: Open Carry. This is Texas by God America. I think I'll open carry again today. It's been a week or so. Dang this feels good. Say something to me Mr. Security Guard at Chase Bank....I dare you. Got a pocket copy of the law right here on my ibooks app. Dang. He didn't even give me a second look. Hmmm.

Phase 3: Honey? Yes? How come you never open carry any more? I do. You just don't see me. I do it all time. Really? I can't remember the last time I saw you open carry. You must not be paying attention to me.

Phase 4: Open carry is my right....but concealed carry makes a lot more sense. I'll just untuck this TBH shirt. It hides my gut anyway. I'll open carry tomorrow when I go to HEB. Lots of folks there.

Phase 5: Look at that noobie. "Woo hoo...I can open carry". What a gun nerd.

Chew for President!

Comment

I second that motion!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        Have you open carried?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Kinda what I was thinking.

I do a mixture of both. I’m not too concerned if anyone knows I have a gun or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
          Search feature, this has been discussed at length with a lot of good info.

Being there has been many discussions on TBH maybe it should be changed to a search feature read only site. Geez

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
            X2

You can close the thread now.

Went into the auto parts store open carry once, working at the deer lease and forgot I was carrying. Stepped around the wall and put the 45 in my belt under my shirt. Placed my phone in the holster.
            So you drew your weapon in a store?

Comment

I conceal with an OWB holster in winter and appendix carry in the summer

Comment

Concealed in church or where there is a 30:07 sign. Otherwise open carry with shirt tucked in. My pants are full enough already. I have only had one old fellow ask me about it. Asked me if I am law enforcement. I said no. Then asked me if I was store security. I said no. Then asked me if I had a license to carry. I said yes. Then asked me why I carry a gun. Answered personal protection.

It did feel odd at first but not any more. It is not like I am carrying a gun that is all blinged out and huge, trying to draw attention to myself. It is a tool, it is most handy on the hip, and most people do not even notice. I do not live in town so there is limited exposure to other people. I believe that if more people wore openly there would be a lot less bad behavior in society when the bad guys realize that there are lots of people carrying weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                  I'm curious, how many open carry people have become targets by bad guys?
                  1?
                  10?
                  100?
                  1000?
                  1,000,000???

It's must be a ton of'em cause y'all keep spewing that around here.
                  ^^^What he said. If anything I would think open carry would prevent a crime from taking place. I would like to think 99% of criminals would rather avoid a shoot out before committing said crime.

Comment

I agree with most of the comments above. I open carry at the farm or on the lease. In town I conceal carry - for two reasons.

1. When you open carry you make yourself a target.

2. Much like hunting in general, where you have three schools of thought, pro-hunting, anti-hunting and those on the fence, when it comes to firearms in general you have pro-Second Amendment, anti-Second Amendment and those on the fence. You don't have to convince those who agree with you and you will probably never convince those who disagree with you, in either hunting or firearm ownership. The group we have to sway are those on the fence. Most of them are ok with hunting and firearm ownership but they just don't participate. When you open carry you run the risk of making those in the middle uncomfortable and can get them leaning against our cause.

Comment

Open carry when pig hunting. Usually concealed in the deer woods.

Skinny

Comment

Open carry ?

Originally posted by Lurch0000 View Post
                        I agree with most of the comments above. I open carry at the farm or on the lease. In town I conceal carry - for two reasons.

1. When you open carry you make yourself a target.

2. Much like hunting in general, where you have three schools of thought, pro-hunting, anti-hunting and those on the fence, when it comes to firearms in general you have pro-Second Amendment, anti-Second Amendment and those on the fence. You don't have to convince those who agree with you and you will probably never convince those who disagree with you, in either hunting or firearm ownership. The group we have to sway are those on the fence. Most of them are ok with hunting and firearm ownership but they just don't participate. When you open carry you run the risk of making those in the middle uncomfortable and can get them leaning against our cause.

This isn’t a slam on you directly but I’m going to rebut both of your points above.

1). This is a flat out lie! There is NO evidence that this is remotely the case. This is a false argument much like the whacko libs like to use on the issues that they don’t agree with. If you have evidence to the contrary by all means, bring it. Does anyone really think that is this was happening that more and more states would be giving their citizens more freedoms by moving TOWARD open carry and constitutional carry?

2). I disagree with this. Making guns scary and bad and making us hide them is what has gotten us to where we are today. Unlike many on here I HAVE open carried around a large metro area. I usually don’t even get a second look. The more people see law abiding citizens going about their daily lives and not causing chaos, the more accepted it will become.

Last edited by Mike D; 12-15-2017, 08:06 AM.

Comment

i absolutely giggle when i read "open carry makes you a target..."
                          thats the funniest **** that gets repeated so much people think it makes sense...

what makes you a target, no matter if your human, monkey, tiger , dog, fish, bacteria, bowl of jello, or whatever..... is being weak, unprotected, and unprepared.
                          The WEAK get targeted.
                          The unprotected get targeted.
                          The unprepared get targeted.

STOP perpetuating that bull**** that some bad guy is looking to be in the same place as someone that has a weapon readily available to them...

Comment

Originally posted by Chitchyaoutdoor View Post
                            conceled, no sense in drawing attention to yourself
                            X2

Comment

Originally posted by Winman View Post
                              X2

I’ll ask the same of you that I’ve asked of others that make this statement.

Have you open carried?

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                                Open carry when pig hunting. Usually concealed in the deer woods.

Skinny
                                That's smart.
                                Don't want those deer to target you.

Comment

Working...
                                X