No announcement yet.

how much hand corn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put 25 lbs each hunt and even when I ain’t hunting that spot.
    Sat I put out 50 and they hunt around till noon
    Our deer are way too hungry in goliad

Comment

You stated there are cows on your place, so don't place it in piles. Spread it out in your shooting lanes. Before you leave for home spread a bag or two all over the area.

Comment

Y'all spread way too bunch of corn! If I hunt the same day I always fill up a large coffee can or gallon milk jug and that's always just enough to bring deer in.

Comment

5 pounds at the most.

Skinny

Comment

For you scenario, I would put out 150-200 lbs and you'll be good for Saturday afternoon hunt

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Seems like we have two different purposes here...

When you go to hunt, a couple pounds is plenty.

When you're baiting up a new spot, and can't be there except weekends...50-100lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While reading all these this is what I was going to put you beat me to it. Regardless I spread it out as much as I can

Comment

About this much

Comment

I fill up on of the bags that those folding chairs from academy come in, holds almost 25lbs of corn. Its got a strap to sling over the shoulder for easy carrying. When I get to my area. I losen up the drawstring end and just walk the corn just falls on ground.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Comment

now i have never hand corned anywhere out there.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
                      While reading all these this is what I was going to put you beat me to it. Regardless I spread it out as much as I can

One time I was filling up my feeder. I spread out a whole bag of corn to get the spot primed! I came back and hunted it that evening and didn't see one deer. Well I checked my game camera and as soon as I left I had a bunch of deer in there eating. They were gone by the time I came back. I guess they went and laid down because they were full! This was late season. There can be such a thing as too much!!

Comment

I have tried walking to my stand or blind, put out hand corn and immediately get in my stand or blind and always get busted. I have had hogs and deer start to come to it but I guess they smell me or where I walked and leave. I spray my rubber boots with Scent Killer so I don't know what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
                          I have tried walking to my stand or blind, put out hand corn and immediately get in my stand or blind and always get busted. I have had hogs and deer start to come to it but I guess they smell me or where I walked and leave. I spray my rubber boots with Scent Killer so I don't know what to do.

I recently started smearing some Evercalm on my boots before I walk in. It's a small sample size - only done it twice - but it is working so far. I had several deer smell where I walked and did not spook - one actually put his nose down and followed my footsteps. Others have said Evercalm sent their deer running so you just have to try it out.
                          Last edited by jerp; 12-15-2017, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                            [/B]

I recently started smearing some Evercalm on my boots before I walk in. It's a small sample size - only done it twice - but it is working so far. I had several deer smell where I walked and did not spook - one actually put his nose down and followed my footsteps. Others have said Evercalm sent their deer running so you just have to try it out.
                            Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X