X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bows08 View Post
    Work in Spring. Razzoo's

We eat there often.

If you ask me crime is getting to be a little too much out this way (North of Houston in ALL directions) Can't wait to sell our house in a couple of months and move a little further out.

Comment

Gonna have to start putting trail cams on our vehicles!!!! F______

Comment

Sorry to read this happened to you.

Curious if you have any stickers on your truck that would indicate being a hunter, gun guy or outdoors person?

Comment

Stinks either way. I’ve been broken into twice, but had nothing of value in the vehicle either time. Both times I had to fix broken parts on the vehicle though. It doesn’t make it any easier.

I agree with removing a hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

OMG!! That is terrible....sorry for your loss

Comment

Not one hand, BOTH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                How do they punch the lock? Does the truck have an alarm? Honestly I don't know if my new truck has an alarm.
                easy, even videos on youtube to train you...and this guy isnt even doing it right. Done 'correctly' a crook is in your truck in less than 20 seconds. Kinda nice to know a 65k truck is protected by a lock thats defeated with a butter knife
                [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d1MCkkd0kg"]How to steal a truck - YouTube[/ame]

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                I noticed my keyhole on my f350 recently looks like this and my key won’t work anymore. I guess alarm scared em off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Start looking at other 250/350s around you. More than half will have same thing

Comment

Cutting off a thieves hand is the only part of sharia law I agree with.

Comment

The vans are easy too. You punch a hole in the license plate bracket below the key cylinder, reach in and unlock the door. You must have the armored hockey puck locks on a van.

Comment

Suxs. They broke into my 2016 f250 days after I had just purchased it. They only took the owners manual (probably thought it was a gun). Had the panel changed to keyless as well after that. I have the stock alarm. Apparently when they pop the lock, the truck thinks that you used your key and alarm is disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        Sorry to read this happened to you.

Curious if you have any stickers on your truck that would indicate being a hunter, gun guy or outdoors person?

I do not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

my friend had his truck broken into at a Houston restaurant last week

Took his pc and briefcase from under the seat (not visable)

Police told him thieves in area are breaking into trucks randomly. Thieves believe the likelihood of having a pistol / gun are high in pick up trucks. In and out entry is very fast.

Moral - keep you gun on your side, not in truck

Comment

Originally posted by bows08 View Post
                            No. One at the front door and that's it. Cheddar's restaurant right beside it has some but didn't reach out that far.
                            Sorry to hear that man. No scum lower than a POS thief in my opinion.

The amount of break ins at that Cheddars and Razoo's is insane. I used to work at a place pretty close, and we would eat Cheddars fairly often. We would sit in the bar area with a pen and napkin and write down license plates and vehicle descriptions of people pulling up and breaking in. I'm talking, they are in your vehicle before you get in the front door, and gone before you're seated. We tried to run out and catch them several times and learned its dang near impossible. The minute that door opened they were hopping in and hauling butt.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. But, Seems like these stories always involve f250 or f350. Obviously they target these vehicles. Same stories, same trucks all the time. Stop leaving guns unattended in these trucks. The bad guy are just capitalizing on bad decisions....makes the good guys look stupid. Hunting stickers...no hunting stickers, if someone owns one of these trucks the probability that there is a gun in it is pretty **** good.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                                Seems we are either slow learners or else in denial that it could happen to us---I did a search on the campfire forum and in the past year got 168 hits. Not all are about the thieves this thread is about--but come on guys 'n gals, that's 14 a month or so.

Leaving valuables in your trucks--means a loss in too many instances.

Here's the real issue...... the fact that we have to change our lives, what we carry in our (locked) vehicles because we want to go shooting after work, etc....... you get the point
                                All because of the scum in society that we are forced to accept. The system sucks

Sorry you got hit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X