If you have Directv read this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
    Tell me how bad I a being screwed........2 TV's.

ACCOUNT ACTIVITY
    Billing Period: 01/20/19 to 02/19/19
    Payments
    Previous Balance $0.00
    BALANCE 0.00
    DIRECTV Channels
    1. PREMIER 166.99
    2. MOVIES EXTRA PACK 4.99
    3. Regional Sports Fee 6.64
    SUBTOTAL 178.62
    DIRECTV Equipment Services
    4. Watch DIRECTV on Multiple TVs 7.00
    2 TVs at $7; Save $7 off 1st TV
    5. Advanced Receiver Service 25.00
    6. DIRECTV Protection Plan 8.99
    SUBTOTAL 40.99
    Other Charges, Adjustments & Taxes
    7. State Cost-Recovery Fee 0.95
    Taxes
    8. Sales Tax 14.60
    SUBTOTAL 15.55
    Total Amount Due 235.16
    Payment charged on 01/21/19 - VISA -235.16

I can relate to yours more than I can most others that have posted. I've had Direct tv since way back when they were Primstar in the early 90s. For internet and tv now is right at about 300 a month for me. I don't see how so many have these way cheap monthly bills of a 100 or so and less. When I first opened the account with Primstar back in the day it was like 70 a month and just kept climbing from then on. I have noticed that they care more about newbies and new contracts than they do long time customers. Might be time for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
      They told me the same thing over the phone. Report back when you get your bill. Mine wasn’t what they said.
      It appears they got my bill correct.

Not even charging me for equipment anymore.
      Attached Files

Comment

I am single, I live alone, and I am gone out of town for work almost all of the time. I am seldom home, but when I am it is nice to have tv service. But, I am paying over $100 a month and really don't have a ton of channels.

Anyway, I just explained all of that to the retention department over the phone and they said that they cannot help me. It is what it is, so I guess I have to decide whether to let it go or not. I am leaning hard towards not having any tv service in the house.

Comment

I haven’t had cable for about 4 yrs. Stream everything. No commitments. Cheaper. I can mix and match different services. If I don’t like one I drop it. If they raise the price I go to the next one. No sense in it in 2019. Cable is dying fast.

Directvnow keeps raising their prices and its terrible.

Rick

Comment

[QUOTE=thehairlessone!;14058451]I haven’t had cable for about 4 yrs. Stream everything. No commitments. Cheaper. I can mix and match different services. If I don’t like one I drop it. If they raise the price I go to the next one. No sense in it in 2019. Cable is dying fast.

Directvnow keeps raising their prices and its terrible.

X2^ 100%

Comment

I've had DirecTV since 2008 and go through this song and dance all the time. Without fail they will change my bill within 2-3 months of an agreement and I'll have to call again.

Comment

Just got my first bill since I called. It is what they said it would be

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                  It appears they got my bill correct.

Not even charging me for equipment anymore.
                  A Star is Born? Only thing that could be worse is Broke Back Mountain!

Comment

If you have Directv read this

We have everything though AT&T, 2 cell phones, Apple Watch, Internet, and Direct TV.

We recently switched to unlimited but I paid off both phones during the switch and they said my bill would remain the same.

I made the switch at the $351 bill paid off both phones but it jumped to $400.

Wife called and said cancel everything and we magically started saving $95.00.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Black Ice; 04-01-2019, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Bumping this. Just got a $55/month discount. Give them a call guys.

Comment

I just called to try to get the discount again. The lady from India said she will have someone call me back in 5 days. I said I want to talk to someone now. She said how about 48 hours. I said I called now because I have time NOW to talk to someone. I am on hold to see if anyone can talk to me.

Lady in Tennessee is getting me $40 off per month for 12 months, no new contract.
                        Last edited by stinkbelly; 05-02-2019, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Just did this online through chat. I was around $99/month.. jumped up to $170/month about 2 months ago and they are taking me back to $99/month.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                            Bumping this. Just got a $55/month discount. Give them a call guys.
                            You're killing me smalls! I'm currently trying to be a tight wad

Comment

Bringing this thread back up. My $70 discount is on month 12 of 12. Expires 9/02/19. I have called once and they offered me a $5 discount off my bill while trying to get me to change from the xtra package. Told them I wanted to cancel at the end of my billing cycle.

Got on the online chat today and they asked if the loyalty department could call me. I pretty much told them I would stay if they would honor the $70 discount for another year. They only offered $10 a month off my bill and once again were trying to get me to change to a lower package and add the channels I wanted (which I am not interested in doing).

I have always had success going this route even though it’s a hassle doing this once a year. I have even got the Sunday Ticket for free most years going this route but it seems they have their heels dug in this time and don’t care if they lose my business. Been with ATT as long as I can remember and directv since 2010.

Anyone else in the same boat recently or have any suggestions?

Comment

It really seems to be just a matter of who you get on the phone at the loyalty Dept.

Call And just start over fresh maybe? Ha

Comment

Working...
                                X