1st amendment rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TxKronik View Post
    If I where your boss it would be less about offensiveness and more about professionalism. Keep that crap out of the work place, espically if you rely on the income and can't afford to be fired. Even if your boss agrees with you its not professional to have that there. It seems to me you got it and took it to work to get a rise out of some one or to be controversial and now that you have its coming back to bite you. Kinda like the saying don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

The image doesn't offend me but I think being professional at work is important. What if a muslem client came in and walked away from you our company for it?

kronik by Diamond
    X2

Politics don't belong in the work place. Nothing good ever comes out of discussing politics or religion for that matter in the work place. While I agree with the message, it is not professional.

Upper management has to be neutral and not play favorites. Whether you think it or not, the message has a political twist to it and the employee complaining (however, petty it may be) has a right to.

I work in a Corporate office environment and honestly would never carry around something like that knowing it could cause unneeded drama or concern.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      Man, you just grouped a 'Merica loving, ISIS hating member who just wanted his 1st Amendment rights heard with a bunch of liberals!

Lol...... there are plenty of conservatives that use that defense too.[emoji41]. But our nations fine liberal protestors and complainers seem to ride that lightning at every convenience[emoji16]

The lump was with folks who think the First Ammendment protects them from everybody.

Comment

My dad told me something way back when, when I came home from work bitching about my boss....that always stuck with me.

"The thing about the boss, is he's not always right....but he's always the boss!"

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
          Smart is just good like that

I try..[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

So was the guy offended because he's Middle Eastern or because it's just not professional?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Lol...... there are plenty of conservatives that use that defense too.[emoji41]. But our nations fine liberal protestors and complainers seem to ride that lightning at every convenience[emoji16]

The lump was with folks who think the First Ammendment protects them from everybody.
              I know what you were sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by eaglegolfj View Post
                It would have been different if he would have manned up and told me he didn’t like it. But he went to his supervisor and told him. Then you know how that snowball works.
                Just saying if he would had told me I would cover it up with a permit or something.
                Plus we are in a industrial facility and you need to be a little thicker skinned.
                It’s these **** snowflakes that aggrevate me. Ooohhh he hurt my feelings.
                He wouldn’t have lasted two weeks back in the day.
                Originally posted by eaglegolfj View Post
                Don’t watch football anymore
                There is a difference between not being a snowflake and being intellectually honest. You say you don't watch football anymore because of the whole Collin Kapernick/flag protest stuff? Well you are doing the same thing, expressing a controversial opinion at work. Management is asking you to stop doing it, it's causing problems. As many have pointed out, this has nothing to do with the first amendment. If you cannot see the parallels then you are not being honest with yourself.

I expect this thread is not going as you thought it would. I agree that the first step when you have an issue with someone is to take it up with them face to face. However, sometimes there are other channels that are more appropriate. This may be one of those times, I don't know.
                Last edited by Kdog; 12-13-2017, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                  X2

Politics don't belong in the work place. Nothing good ever comes out of discussing politics or religion for that matter in the work place. While I agree with the message, it is not professional.

Upper management has to be neutral and not play favorites. Whether you think it or not, the message has a political twist to it and the employee complaining (however, petty it may be) has a right to.

I work in a Corporate office environment and honestly would never carry around something like that knowing it could cause unneeded drama or concern.
                  BS!!! Management is anything but neutral, management is avoiding anything that will bring attention to the company and to avoid the all dreaded LAWSUIT, unfortunately this means they have to cater to the snowflakes, because they've learned how to use the legal system to effectively get what they want.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                    BS!!! Management is anything but neutral, management is avoiding anything that will bring attention to the company and to avoid the all dreaded LAWSUIT, unfortunately this means they have to cater to the snowflakes, because they've learned how to use the legal system to effectively get what they want.

So if someone had a burning US flag on their clipboard, you would be ok with that? If not, wouldn't you be considered a snowflake?

And for the record, I'd be p€<£#€d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I wear a MAJOR LEAGUE INFIDEL shirt often to my work, and i have all kinds of races, religions, sexes ect... im sure 1 day someone will say something. Prolly should keep a pot leaf t-shirt in my locker just in case this happens. HAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                        If this is the truth, then tell me the difference between this and all of the ones that boycott the NFL now. If this guy has a right to put what he wants on his clipboard and leave it laying around for everyone to see, why is it not ok for the players to kneel? (for the record I do not agree with the players and don't watch the NFL) but there is no difference. This guy wants his cake and eat it too. He calls the other a snowflake for saying he was offended, but side steps a question about Kap. and doesn't watch football anymore. So is he a snowflake also, or does it only apply to anyone who doesn't agree or think the way he does?

I'm in upper management, it is more about being fair to everyone no matter their color, religion or how they believe. I don't have to agree with them or believe the way they believe but our great men and women fight for that right everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          You didn’t answer his question. You side stepped it. He asked your stance on Kaepernick, not whether you watch football.
                          I think he is an over paid crybaby, just like the rest of the flag offenders that won’t stand in protest of cops killing people that don’t listen when they are breaking the law.

Comment

OP, stand up for yourself and your right to speak freely. You should assault the guy that complained as soon as he comes into the office. Then you should tell your boss that he is a huge ***** and a snowflake and you don’t give 2 ****s if your clipboard offends anyone. It’s your clipboard and it will be decorated anyway you ****ing want. You don’t give a **** if it he thinks it reflects poorly on the business. He is a panty wearing snowflake and can eat ****.

Comment

What about the NFL?

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                              You have free speech but you arent guaranteed employment. You cant go around using racial slurs etc and expect a job because of free speech. This is just a different offensive form to Muslims. By the way, I am just a messenger that would not offend me. Just trying to show a different view point for you
                              NFL player are employees, Heck the have OWNERS! They aren't afraid of loosing their jobs. Why? Because 88% of them are black or part black.
                              Hollywood movie stars, celebrities, athletes etc. Especially if they are not white. They can do or say what ever they please. You know people with fame & fortune that are not white.
                              BUT
                              If your Joe Average white boy try and speak your mind. LOOK OUT.
                              We have become so PC that if your white you will offended someone regardless of what you say or do.
                              Don't believe me?
                              Just see how much flack I get from this message!
                              God bless!
                              Semper Fi.
                              Yeah, I am that guy.

Comment

Roy Munson? LOL!

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
                                OP, stand up for yourself and your right to speak freely. You should assault the guy that complained as soon as he comes into the office. Then you should tell your boss that he is a huge ***** and a snowflake and you don’t give 2 ****s if your clipboard offends anyone. It’s your clipboard and it will be decorated anyway you ****ing want. You don’t give a **** if it he thinks it reflects poorly on the business. He is a panty wearing snowflake and can eat ****.
                                Heck yeah. Do it so you get fired. Then collect disability the rest of your life because you now suffer from PTSD from your ordeal.
                                He did a Munson! Hadn't thunked about that in awhile.
                                God bless!
                                Semper Fi.
                                Yeah, I am. "That guy"

Comment

Working...
                                X