No announcement yet.

How do you like your coffee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a very strong tolerance to caffeine. I can drink a cup with two shots of espresso and take a nap. I only drink coffee at work or get a cup every once in a while at Bucees and put 4 or 5 "stok" containers in there with a little sugar.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
      Roasted Sumatra Manheling coffee beans - pulled from an airtight container.

Ground in a 35 year old Mr Coffee coffee bean grinder - as the water is boiling in a Tea Pot

Pour beans in a non chlorinated (raw mode - brown) # 2 cone filter

Boil Spring water - no chlorine or flouride and slow pour over beans through cone filter

Add one tablespoon of Texas Honey

A shot of Half & Half cream (fresh)

Been doing this since 1986 - preferred way and it is super fresh with literally no acid - Sumatra Manheling beans are Primo!
      Nothing added, just straight black! Nothing you can buy at a store can compare to what you can buy online and get roasted like you want!

Comment

Black.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
          roasting your own green beans takes coffee to a whole new level. Zero acidity and silky smooth with bold flavors

I order my beans and supplies from https://www.sweetmarias.com/
          A lot of good info on the sweet marias website. I've ordered from them, lostdutchman, bodhi leaf and a couple of others.
          I try and keep the roasting pretty simple. The Sumatran coffee I roasted tasted pretty earthy. Papau New Guinea was pretty good. The Mexico Chiapas sp? didn't do a lot for me. Brazil - major coffee exporter but the beans I tried were just average. I tried an Ethiopian Harrar but not sure I can taste the touted blueberry notes. If I wanted to be real fancy I'd spend more time on red wines from Northern Italy. But good coffee and hunting are enough this time of year.

Comment

Black with just a touch, i mean the slightest touch of sugar or honey. I pound coffee for 3 to 4 hours in the morning...even sip on it while I'm working out. I've been drinking Folgers Classic Roast for years. I can tell by reading this thread that I need to get out a little more. lol I'm going to have to give that Texas Pecan at HEB a try.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mrbman View Post
              A lot of good info on the sweet marias website. I've ordered from them, lostdutchman, bodhi leaf and a couple of others.
              I try and keep the roasting pretty simple. The Sumatran coffee I roasted tasted pretty earthy. Papau New Guinea was pretty good. The Mexico Chiapas sp? didn't do a lot for me. Brazil - major coffee exporter but the beans I tried were just average. I tried an Ethiopian Harrar but not sure I can taste the touted blueberry notes. If I wanted to be real fancy I'd spend more time on red wines from Northern Italy. But good coffee and hunting are enough this time of year.
              I'm using a West Bend Poppery II to roast my beans and will eventually upgrade as I become more experienced with the process. Been roasting my own for almost a year now with no complaints

Comment

I don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hot, Brazilian, and all over my lap while I'm driving......

Kidding. I like it black, want that coffee pot to look like a black bowling ball with a handle.

Richard.

Comment

Folgers and black. My favorite coffee is in an old style metal percolator over a camp fire.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I love coffee and I like this thread a lot! I'll certainly have to try roasting on my own after reading a few of you guys doing it. I grind beans every morning and make fantastic coffee everyday. I love it!

I see starbucks is getting a bad rap as they should with most of the foofoo they have created. However, their Christmas blend coffee beans are fantastic (Not holiday blend) I buy the Christmas blend whole beans this time of year and take them home to grind and brew. Really good!

As an Heb shopper, 2nd to Christmas blend, is independence jackhammer beans followed by donut shop bold.

I work for a dairy company called fairlife and prefer whole milk and a shot of honey to fix it right!

Stepped up my game at the lease, I used to boil water and use different types of instant coffee in a pinch. Now I thought about how simple it is and brought out my french press. Went from terrible instant coffee to fantastic coffee! knowing how good it is helps get me out of the sleeping bag on chilly mornings!

Thanks for all the info guys, keep it going!

Comment

black with a 1/2 teaspoon of sugar in the 1st cup. 2nd cup is normally black w/ no sugar but just depends.

on-site I've been drinking it black. No sugar here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                          Nothing added, just straight black! Nothing you can buy at a store can compare to what you can buy online and get roasted like you want!
                          Agree and or walk to a custom roaster in Seattle, like I did during my years there, on the day he's running a roast on Sumatra my preferred bean.

Mine is vacuum sealed and frozen and only when it's time to pour, does it come out of the freezer. Beans have oil on them and it's second fresh to hot beans out of the oven.

I'm fine with quality beans that have been recently sealed and not sitting on a shelf. I buy online from roasters and have them shipped to me.

I did score some serious Kona in Kona, a few years ago, hot out of the roaster at the coffee bean plantation. Bought 25 lbs of it and hauled it home that day. Vacuum sealed and handed out bags to close friends once I got my processing done. Still didn't compare to Sumatra but folks could smell that Kona in my luggage everywhere I went. Got a lot of comments
                          Last edited by AtTheWall; 12-13-2017, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Lived in Miami for 3 years during the mid 80s. My years there I drank a lot of Café Cubano - expresso shots. In one cup, Café Cubano, the chaser in another cup - ice water. A couple of those shots and you sweated in overdrive immediately. Best to drink that stuff in moderation.

The baggage crews at the Miami Intl Airport all fuel themselves with Café Cubano shots. A thermos is loaded with expresso and everyone has their own personal expresso shot cup. During breaks, everyone gathers around and takes a shot or two before going back to work.

There's a pretty intense expresso culture down there as well as in Puerto Rico.
                            Last edited by AtTheWall; 12-13-2017, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                              I love coffee and I like this thread a lot! I'll certainly have to try roasting on my own after reading a few of you guys doing it. I grind beans every morning and make fantastic coffee everyday. I love it!

I see starbucks is getting a bad rap as they should with most of the foofoo they have created. However, their Christmas blend coffee beans are fantastic (Not holiday blend) I buy the Christmas blend whole beans this time of year and take them home to grind and brew. Really good!

As an Heb shopper, 2nd to Christmas blend, is independence jackhammer beans followed by donut shop bold.

I work for a dairy company called fairlife and prefer whole milk and a shot of honey to fix it right!

Stepped up my game at the lease, I used to boil water and use different types of instant coffee in a pinch. Now I thought about how simple it is and brought out my french press. Went from terrible instant coffee to fantastic coffee! knowing how good it is helps get me out of the sleeping bag on chilly mornings!

Thanks for all the info guys, keep it going!

Comment

Black, occasionally sugar if it's bad coffee, never creamer or milk. I can't stand all that flavored fancy stuff either. I like black coffee, dark beer, straight bourbon. I am pretty boring.

Comment

Working...
                                X