Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Goldthwaite Eagles, and Wise Guys finished 2nd and 3rd respectively in Jacksboro. I got to meet most of Doghouse' family, and they all seem like fantastic folks, they gave a great ball team too!

We had a AAA team that never plays AAA tournaments talk their way into what was supposed to be a AA show last minute so they could come get a ring. We played them to 5-3, and I think Goldthwaite played them tough as well. I'm not real sure what they think they accomplished, besides looking like jackasses, but whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Dale. Our guys have to learn to quit putting so much pressure on themselves to win. That comes with age. These are 8u and under.

Comment

Two kiddos gone from the Spring squad - We have one replacement already, and another that is supposed to follow him. I think we are going to add one more roster spot as well.

Jax ended with an overall good season. I am now infatuated with the GC stats on the year. .440 OBP with 39 stolen bases. Had a 3.08 ERA and 62% strike percentage.

Comment

I try not to put too much faith in the accuracy of GC stats.... they are generated by the thumb and forefinger of a guy/girl tasked with keepin score... and are lucky at times to be even attributed correctly at all .. ESPECIALLY if the kids get interchanged in positions during the game.
        Had one game where Tanner attributed for 3 RBI's and 2 runs.. GC had him with 0's across the boxes.. .
        USSSA going to a different system/app for next year... i tried it out when Larson sent notification of it.... it sucks. horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          I try not to put too much faith in the accuracy of GC stats.... they are generated by the thumb and forefinger of a guy/girl tasked with keepin score... and are lucky at times to be even attributed correctly at all .. ESPECIALLY if the kids get interchanged in positions during the game.
          Had one game where Tanner attributed for 3 RBI's and 2 runs.. GC had him with 0's across the boxes.. .
          USSSA going to a different system/app for next year... i tried it out when Larson sent notification of it.... it sucks. horrible.
          We actually have 2 scorers, lol. Some preferential treatment was being given to a certain kiddo, so another Father was tasked at scoring the games.

What is the new app ?

Comment

805 stats

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              805 stats
              Does your Coach keep season stats?

This is all new to me on the season stuff.

How do people follow this stuff normally?

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                Does your Coach keep season stats?

This is all new to me on the season stuff.

How do people follow this stuff normally?
                We dont ..officially...like i said GC isnt reliable...and it kind of interpretation/rememberance type of a thing.

From kid pitch on...as i understand it...its gotta be more dialed in..especially from a pitcher perspective...
                i plan on keep stats for tan..just to give me something to do and can track his progress...but i dont think im using that 805 thing.. its a pita..

Comment

Anyone have a Webgem Glove Care form for a RHT 1st base mitt? I just bought my oldest a new mitt and want to put a shape on it before we start to break it in. Seem Webgem has had some internal issues between business partners and is not putting out product right now. If you have one and don't use it I would like to buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                    Awesome!

We are headed to the semi’s. It’s a dinger kind of day!

I saw your son at the pin trading the other day... We went 2-0 yesterday and had 9 over the fence HR's in the 2 games...gotta love the short fences, I guess

Comment

Select Baseball 2018

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                      I saw your son at the pin trading the other day... We went 2-0 yesterday and had 9 over the fence HR's in the 2 games...gotta love the short fences, I guess [emoji3]

Aw man. I wish we could have hooked up.

The short fences are great. We went 2-0 as well. Playing our last pool game right now.

Good luck to y’all.

Last edited by salth2o; 07-05-2018, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Just flew into Atlanta and went to store for groceries. 400 teams here is what I was told. It is going to be a long hot week. Nothing to do in Atlanta. Braves are out of town until next week so we will catch a game next Tuesday. Playing until Wednesday next week at least

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

We are here in Arlington for the USSSA DFW World Series, we are 3-0 in pool and seeded no.1 in 11AAA. Anyone else here?

Comment

Originally posted by Txprowler View Post
                              We are here in Arlington for the USSSA DFW World Series, we are 3-0 in pool and seeded no.1 in 11AAA. Anyone else here?
                              The 7s were in grand prairie this morning and won, back to Euless tomorrow. My 10u is playing the AAYBA world series starting with skills comps tomorrow.

Good luck to all you guys

Comment

Originally posted by Txprowler View Post

We are here and in 11AA. Went 3-0 in pool play and won our first bracket game 15-1. Play at BLD tomorrow at 9:45.

Comment

Working...
                                X