No announcement yet.

Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any 9u teams in the Katy/cypress area that are looking to pick a kid up? I’ve had all I can take with the Katy Disciples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Logie put another one over this morning, getting ready for the championship now.

I'm with the 10 getting ready for (hopefully) a long day...

Good luck to you guys still going...

Comment

Select Baseball 2018

Just asking if anybody has any leads on a 9u team close to Georgetown that maybe looking for a player in the fall. We have one more weekend in 8u coming up then have to move to 9u in the fall. Our 8u team is not playing in fall plus the coach is leaving to coach his younger son. It’s been a fun ride but looks like the end. Any lead is appreciated.

Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech08 View Post
          Are there any 9u teams in the Katy/cypress area that are looking to pick a kid up? I’ve had all I can take with the Katy Disciples.

Are you still in Bellville? If so check with the batter's box in Brenham.

Comment

Little bit late in the game to chime in, but I will anyway. Congrats to all the parents of kids still playing in various select championships. Keep up the faith and keep it fun. Will always remember my favorite coach's saying -- no matter what the score -- "we got 'em right where we want 'em." He always kept things fun. That's really key. He never had a losing season in 35 years, btw.

Know that there will be ridiculous umpire rulings at every level. When people try to tell you what a small percentage of youth baseball players will ever play college or pro ball, take that with a grain of salt. Guess what: somebody makes up that percentage. Why not your kid?

Speaking as a Dad of a college pitcher, entering his senior season, who just accepted a half scholarship offer to D2 World Series participant Texas A&M-Kingsville. By the way, Eric only made Honorable Mention All- District his senior year in high school, but 3rd Team All State that same year; had a sub 1 ERA at Navarro Jr. College last year and he was Honorable Mention All Conference in MIAA as the closer at Univ. of Neb. - Kearney, as his 9 Saves this year was 19th best in all of D2.

Comment

Made It to the quarterfinals and picked the worst time to not hit, play any defense or pitch.

This was not my vehicle, but is a good reminder to never park in foul ball territory. The lady had just pulled up and was still sitting in her vehicle when this happened.

Comment

Team took a weekend off, and we took a week off to sit in the frio..come back to play a 'tuneup' tourney (just happened to be a State qualifier)..and the boys decided that hitting, fielding, and running was something they didnt need to do to win.
                The other teams explained how they were wrong and we got to spend the better part of sunday at home for a change.
                They will be a bit hungrier in shores next week.
                Should be fun.

Comment

Might have to venture out a bit..

Coaching or parents or both the issue?

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                    the bombers 11u team plays at 445 and 630 at grimes, you might swing by there for a few mins and watch the show
                    It was an absolute show - Now convinced that they win a lot by intimidation alone, lol. I stood next to the Visiting dugout for a while waiting for games to clear up on our side. It was amazing to hear the kids talk. They knew exactly who they were playing.

Comment

Weekend started slow, but it really depends what team of ours decides to show up. I'm convinced that we played too many games, lol.

We got a bad seed coming out of pool play, 1-1 with a bad loss, but ended up 3rd out of the 32 that were in the State tourney. Jax had a great weekend and was an absolute blessing. He makes me so proud it's ridiculous. We had some drama surrounding a couple games, and the Coach really relied on him and his attitude/demeanor to calm things down. He did just that, and just performed flawlessly.

One thing I will absolutely say is as we get better as a team it is difficult to maintain the same culture when trying to add talent. Definitely not the same atmosphere we came into. It is a very slippery slope.

Weekend at the field was too long in all honesty. I love baseball but 20 hours over 2 days in this heat makes for some difficult recovery/stress levels. Glad to be getting my vacation in soon.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                        It was an absolute show - Now convinced that they win a lot by intimidation alone, lol. I stood next to the Visiting dugout for a while waiting for games to clear up on our side. It was amazing to hear the kids talk. They knew exactly who they were playing.
                        No doubt, those boys walk onto the field with an attitude and the other teams sense it.

Great to hear about your son, I'm glad it's working out but we are in the same drama boat right now too, with a kid leaving for sure and possibly a few more yo follow. It makes for a weird atmosphere.

Brock hit the ball well for the first time in a while and pitched a hitless inning on Saturday. The next month or so will be very interesting for our team though.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          Might have to venture out a bit..

Coaching or parents or both the issue?

Coaching is awful. Our team pitcher is terrible but he won’t change his ways. And I’m probably the bad parent because I can’t handle their lack of coaching skills any longer.

These coaches actually told my son to not charge ground balls!! I tell him to be aggressive on soft hit balls and be on your toes for the hard hit ones. They don’t coach the kids to run through first etc.

Comment

Coaching is awful. Our team pitcher is terrible but he won’t change his ways. And I’m probably the bad parent because I can’t handle their lack of coaching skills any longer.

These coaches actually told my son to not charge ground balls!! I tell him to be aggressive on soft hit balls and be on your toes for the hard hit ones. They don’t coach the kids to run through first etc.

kid on 8U CP right now?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              kid on 8U CP right now?

He is until the fall. Then he will go to 9u.

Comment

We leave Sat morning for Gulf shores... gonna be a good fun experience.. and the boys certainly have an opportunity to pull it off if they bring their game...
                                Look forward to making memories with the pin trading, opening ceremonies etc..

Plus theres a beach and fishing...

Comment

Working...
                                X