Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
    We’re headed to cooperstown Allstar Village in a couple weeks. Anyone going or anyone been that has suggestions on what to do/bring?
    Originally posted by cwill View Post
    We're here now and it's been a week! Lol. We lost our second game today so our tournament is officially over. Plan for tomorrow is to find somewhere to fish and go watch the big boys Duke it out in the ship. Make sure you check the weather and pack clothes accordingly. I've bee cold all week! Lol Autum cafe has a solid breakfast, the depot has the best wings I've ever had, and Brooks BBQ is very decent as well. Hall of Fame is a must do and there is a little grill(backyard I think?) there with amazing hotdogs. While in Cooperstown bring the boy to Cooperstown Bat company and get him a customized wood bat. Sweet bats and great prices. If you go in with 3 other people the price per bat is really cheap. Be prepared to have a blast and this country is beautiful. Good luck to you guys!
    this is awesome. it sounds like our coaches want to make this trip in a couple of years, if we are still on this team.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
      Terrible news out of Triple Creek/McKinney this morning - Can't imagine ...
      i just saw that, horrible....

my 7u will be in euless at the star, the fields are nice but way too short for this age. its cool to see little guys hit it over the fence but when you cant get extra bases on a ball to the fence it takes away from the game.

the 10s are at cedar hill, we have never played out there before but i hear its a nice place.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
        Hope everybody is having fun ...

We are headed to DeSoto for this weekend - Grimes Field
        the bombers 11u team plays at 445 and 630 at grimes, you might swing by there for a few mins and watch the show

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
          i just saw that, horrible....

my 7u will be in euless at the star, the fields are nice but way too short for this age. its cool to see little guys hit it over the fence but when you cant get extra bases on a ball to the fence it takes away from the game.

the 10s are at cedar hill, we have never played out there before but i hear its a nice place.
          We are there today as well for 7U

I probably missed it but what yalls teams name ?

Comment

Originally posted by kashmoney View Post
            We are there today as well for 7U

I probably missed it but what yalls teams name ?
            Generals, we just finished up, 2-0 for the day. The short fence helped my little knucklehead out with his first over the fence HR.... Watch the end...

Comment

Generals, we just finished up, 2-0 for the day. The short fence helped my little knucklehead out with his first over the fence HR.... Watch the end...

https://youtu.be/7omw70iVwso
              That's awesome. We were playing next field over when he hit that.

Y'all are AAA correct ?

Comment

That's awesome. We were playing next field over when he hit that.

Y'all are AAA correct ?
                Yes sir. I'm guessing you are with the Edge? That's a great organization, my 10u son has played them a handful of times since 7u.

We had another kid hit one the inning before my son and the umpire called him out because one of our players touched him before he touched home plate...

Comment

That stinks. Robbed him of a hr

We play for brazos cats out of Brock.

Comment

That stinks. Robbed him of a hr

We play for brazos cats out of Brock.
                    Ah ok, I think some of the Edge kids are from the Brock area too.

Good luck to you guys

Comment

Yes sir. I'm guessing you are with the Edge? That's a great organization, my 10u son has played them a handful of times since 7u.

We had another kid hit one the inning before my son and the umpire called him out because one of our players touched him before he touched home plate...
                      That’s stupid. What a jackwagon.

Comment

That's the dumbest rule ever!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                          That's the dumbest rule ever!!
                          Pretty sure it’s not a rule and a bad interpretation by the umpire. That rule says the batter can’t be “assisted”.

Comment

Well we let him count it[emoji6][emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Funny thing. One of our kids hit one over right after your game and ump called him out because one kid hi fived him right before he touched home �� But we still celebrated with him.

We are 1 seed and don't have to be back till 11:45 so we get to sleep in ��

Good luck to y'all tomorrow
                              Last edited by kashmoney; 06-09-2018, 08:03 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Funny thing. One of our kids hit one over right after your game and ump called him out because one kid hi fived him right before he touched home �� But we still celebrated with him.

We are 1 seed and don't have to be back till 11:45 so we get to sleep in ��

Good luck to y'all tomorrow
                                That's ridiculous

The 7s got the 1 seed and a 1030 game, the 10s got the 1 seed also and play at 130.

Comment

Working...
                                X