No announcement yet.

Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more tournament then off to Destin for the World Series! I can say I'm glad this season is almost over from all the parent drama and still can't wrap my head around all the complaining over a 700 ball club. Kids will stay kids will go that's select ball and I will be back at tryouts come August looking for new talent and hopefully good parents.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
      One more tournament then off to Destin for the World Series! I can say I'm glad this season is almost over from all the parent drama and still can't wrap my head around all the complaining over a 700 ball club. Kids will stay kids will go that's select ball and I will be back at tryouts come August looking for new talent and hopefully good parents.
      How many kids are you carrying on the team? It is too bad that the better teams are unable to stay together......and of course most of the time it is on the Parents. I have seen it the other way as well where the Coaching went south.

Comment

If you ever get a chance to play at rocker B ranch do it. This place is phenomenal. Nicest fields we have played on. Has swimming pool,arcades,driving range indoor field for warmup,cages. Even had a pond to fish after games. It's a baseball paradise. You can rent cabins. Our 7u Brazos cats went 4-0 to win tournament. Here are some pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by kashmoney; 05-29-2018, 07:37 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Well it’s the last year my son will be playing league ball, he begged me to coach and even though I didn’t want to at first, I ended up having more fun coaching this year than I ever had. This was the best group of kids I’ve had a chance to coach. We started every game this year praying with both teams, and we never had any bad attitudes with other coaches or parents. My son is finally perfecting a few different pitches and was very efficient on the mound. His bat was decent as well. I know it’s not a select team but they played like one. Preseason Champs, Second in regular season and undefeated in Playoffs.

Preseason Champs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good Stuff, congrats!!

Comment

Congratulations !

I really want to try that rocker b out ... Have heard nothing but great things.

How many cabins do they have for rent on site?

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                Congratulations !

I really want to try that rocker b out ... Have heard nothing but great things.

How many cabins do they have for rent on site?
                Looked like 5-6 small cabins. A big bunk room one with 6 rooms on the side. It's really top notch

We took our camper and stayed Friday -Monday for $150 for all weekend

Comment

Just the one field right?
                  place looks beautiful
                  we were going to do the last 8u tourney they had there..but opted out and went to a utrip state open tourney in portland..
                  Last edited by systemnt; 05-30-2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    Just the one field right?
                    place looks beautiful
                    we were going to do the last 8u tourney they had there..but opted out and went to a utrip state open tourney in portland..
                    They have 2 fields now. It’s a bigger field 255’ in center. They just finished it in March or April I think the owner said. It’s immaculate. Our 7u team played on big field due to an 11u tournament that was there also with more teams. They didn’t want to move bases and mound constantly and it has lights. After every game they rake water re stripe everything. The fields are as nice as ranger stadium. Only problem with big field with 7/8u was if it got past outfielder it was a track meet and ended up with a home run almost every time. If we could play there every weekend we would
                    Last edited by kashmoney; 05-30-2018, 08:19 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                      How many kids are you carrying on the team? It is too bad that the better teams are unable to stay together......and of course most of the time it is on the Parents. I have seen it the other way as well where the Coaching went south.
                      I only carry 10 kids on roster. Parents these days love to complain and always knows more than the coach period. The one thing I always laugh at is they will jump team to team trying to insert themselves on winning teams so little Jonny can win a ring and never contributed anything to that team LOL! I guess as long as they can get on Facebook and show all their friends he won a ring and contributed nothing life is good. I guess they have never figured out why they jump team to team, if he is not playing every inning they get mad and leave and then the same thing happens on the next team.

Comment

Well we are at Mav’s Ballpark this weekend playing a 10u tournament. We played first thing this morning and got to play back to back. We went 1-1 today. Only lost my 1 run.

Comment

Boys kept fighting this morning and won the game 8-7. Long break and play again at 4:20

Comment

Hope everybody is having fun ...

We are headed to DeSoto for this weekend - Grimes Field

Comment

Back in McKinney this weekend...god how I hate that drive. I'm bout over baseball for the year. One more month....

Comment

State Championship this weekend and we get put in Katy again!! Sick of signing up at Baseball USA and getting moved all the way to Katy every time. I will be playing nations next year every tournament sick of the USSSA crap. They have gone down hill and play on junk fields the last couple years.

Comment

Working...
                                X