No announcement yet.

Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My kid has been pulled on teams to throw. I think last year he threw for 3 teams other than his team. I just needed him to get 70 pitches so we took advantage of it when offered

Comment

Update on utrip bat rules.
      Following further consideration, the 30” and 29” 2018 DeMarini CF Zen 2 ¾” (-10)model bats have been removed from USSSA’s Disallowed Bat List. Effective immediately, these bats will be allowed in USSSA sanctioned play.

The 28”, 31” and 32” 2018 DeMarini CF Zen 2 ¾” (-10) model bats remain on the Disallowed Bat List; such disallowances are provisional pending further consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        Update on utrip bat rules.
        I'll admit, with the warm temps lately the new zens seem to be waking up, we had some boys smashing with them last night. Really tempting....

Also found out that even after confirming via email with the director last month, they tried to move the 10u majors from field of dreams to a complex in Taylor, after we all booked lodging in dripping springs... evidently he changed it back after some griping but he still hasn't posted the schedule yet. I'm gonna leave that phone call to my wife if he puts us back in Taylor we are sharing a cabin on 30 acres somewhere down there and she ain't gonna have 1.5hr drives to the field...
        Last edited by jshouse; 05-16-2018, 10:34 AM.

Comment

We’ve taken a few weeks off, but are back at it this weekend. I was at my Rotary club fundraiser, so his momma was there today. He picked up right where he left off and hit another home run.

Facebook ain’t good for much, but these memories it posts are cool. This was 5 years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great stuff

Comment

1-1 at Premier Baseball in the 12u Elite division today. Ran up against a Dynasty Blue team that hit 4 long balls and had a really salty pitcher. Personally don't think they have all elite level players on the roster, but it's good for the boys to see the good competition to. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Last tournament before Cooperstown so I'm hoping they have a good day tomorrow and carry alittle momentum to New York!

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                1-1 at Premier Baseball in the 12u Elite division today. Ran up against a Dynasty Blue team that hit 4 long balls and had a really salty pitcher. Personally don't think they have all elite level players on the roster, but it's good for the boys to see the good competition to. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Last tournament before Cooperstown so I'm hoping they have a good day tomorrow and carry alittle momentum to New York!
                I have coached a lot of those boys on that Dynasty team. I left last year and joined SSK1 and your right on the elite level they should win it all, but it's 12U and anything can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                  I have coached a lot of those boys on that Dynasty team. I left last year and joined SSK1 and your right on the elite level they should win it all, but it's 12U and anything can happen.
                  Good squad for sure! So It's safe to assume that alot of them kids play on the Black team and are premier/majors level players?

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                    What are you all thoughts on guest players? Either your boy being the guest player or your boy being on a team that brought in guest player?

I know every situation is different but if you were on a team that the main position player got hurt aka broken bones and you only had one other boy that could play that position and the coach wore him out the past 2 weeks would you be happy if the coach brought in another player to help at position or upset?
                    The teams my son played on rarely if ever had a guest player. However, he played with quite a few different teams as a “needed” player.....especially during his High School days as long as his regular tournament team did not have games. If the team needs a position player then they should fill it it for the sake of the team. You are right, every situation is different. My son was fortunate in that his teams had at least six kids who could play Catcher and probably ten of the twelve kids pitched. He played for some talented teams in Houston and most of the kids played college baseball....and some are still playing. Catcher is that position where a team needs two catchers and at least one or two more kids that can fill in. They may not all have the same skill level but man.....the heat takes its toll on kids behind the plate. Do what is best for the team.

Comment

Good squad for sure! So It's safe to assume that alot of them kids play on the Black team and are premier/majors level players?
                      It's a mix bag, but all high elite and major players.

Comment

We went 1-1 yesterday, Brock threw 2 scoreless with 4k but had 2 walks and made it a bit interesting. He got out of it though and it was great for his confidence. He was throwing harder than I've ever seen him throw from the mound, hoping he can build on it.

Still STRUGGLING at the plate luckily today he made 2 great throws from the outfield and made a nice running shoelace grab, he just has to get his bat going.

We won game 1 this morning and play again at 3 if the rain let's us.

Comment

Select Baseball 2018

Anyone play for the Twelve 8u team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Won the first today and then rained out. Would have had our hands full with the 2 seed Hunter Pence team, but I sure wanted to see the kids give it a go. On to Cooperstown June 1st through 8th then a much needed break! My kiddo's bat has not been up to par the last 2 tournaments, but we'll keep working!

Comment

Won the first today and then rained out. Would have had our hands full with the 2 seed Hunter Pence team, but I sure wanted to see the kids give it a go. On to Cooperstown June 1st through 8th then a much needed break! My kiddo's bat has not been up to par the last 2 tournaments, but we'll keep working!
                              The HP team is very good as well. Sean is the coach and he gives my son hitting lessons when I can get him over there for a lesson. I played ball with a lot of those coaches back in the day very good organization.

Comment

Glenn, y’all are out of Georgetown right? Who do y’all play for?

Comment

Working...
                                X