No announcement yet.

Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12u Southern Elite played well this weekend in Waco up until the championship. Wheels came off and just couldn’t get it done. My son hit a hard line drive back to the pitcher in the championship and unfortunately the young man just couldn’t react fast enough and took it on the side of the head. He was able to walk off the field with help and his parents took him to er as a precaution. As a parent with a kid who pitches, this is one of my fears every time he steps on the bump. Praying that the young man is ok.

Click image for larger version

Name:	24737C8A-EABB-4F4C-9B5B-E4D46D21FB58.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	24539342

Name:	4A7B3227-9004-4099-868C-60726E81070F.jpg
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	24539343

Name:	988FE0AB-345F-428E-A3AD-4F8F79BF8C94.jpg
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	24539344

Comment

Boys pulled off the win and got the bling. Boy had good weekend and team played great ball.
      Mommas got some recognition at ring ceremony which was cool.

Comment

Thats awesome - Great job !

Kiddo had a good weekend. Not terrible at the plate, but not great either. Made good contact and collected some RBIs. Defense is his strength right now, whether middle infield or running around in the oufield, he is playing well out there. We came up short in the Championship losing in the bottom of the inning. 7-6.

We played one of the Bombers' 9U major teams, and it was awesome. Those kids are on a different level being a year younger. Made for a great game, but the individual talent was unmistakable.

Comment

good stuff... we love playin the better teams... makes for FUN (and stressful) times..and the boys always seem to play up and compete.
          Some of the talent on these teams is incredible to watch..

I will say..i kinda missed the colder weather
          it was freakin HOT Sunday afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            good stuff... we love playin the better teams... makes for FUN (and stressful) times..and the boys always seem to play up and compete.
            Some of the talent on these teams is incredible to watch..

I will say..i kinda missed the colder weather
            it was freakin HOT Sunday afternoon
            That is no lie - We have a parade of shade that we set up, but its getting to the point to where it is impossible to avoid the heat. Being out in it for 9 hours yesterday was draining.

Comment

it was hot yesterday for sure and we were only out in it for a little bit.

my 10u will be in dripping springs this weekend for the super nit at field of dreams. we played there last summer, someone said it last year but it reminds me of a flea market. its gonna hot and the only shade is inside the little parent dugout things but then there is no breeze...

everyone is waiting for brock to get his bat going, would be nice to see him get back to his old self this weekend

the 7s finished up league play yesterday taking 1st and going undefeated in 8u, its sounding like we wont be playing league any more and are going to start messing around with kid pitch after the world series this summer. in the championship yesterday the team we were playing tried to pull the old 5 outfielder trick, we didnt notice it until our leadoff smoked one to to right center and there were kids everywhere out there lol. they had pulled the pitcher and moved him out there

Comment

lol.. wouldnt it have been easier to have the pitcher play shallow short, and have short move shallow LC ?

Comment

Haha - congrats on the little guy pulling it out. Sounds like a great local team is developing.

That is one thing that got glossed over with some of these fields, and I have no idea why. Some Trees for shade / or covered areas should have been a necessity.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    lol.. wouldnt it have been easier to have the pitcher play shallow short, and have short move shallow LC ?
                    Our team has actually gone to something similar, we run with a left fielder, LC, and right fielder and have a kid, playing a short center/RC spot, it's worked out pretty good although I'm not sure how I feel about it lol. I like that the outfielders have to learn to move more and cover some ground though.

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                    Haha - congrats on the little guy pulling it out. Sounds like a great local team is developing.

That is one thing that got glossed over with some of these fields, and I have no idea why. Some Trees for shade / or covered areas should have been a necessity.
                    The worst was the complex we played at in Gulf Shores, it was actually in Foley Alabama, but there was zero shade, in July, it was brutal.

Comment

What are you all thoughts on guest players? Either your boy being the guest player or your boy being on a team that brought in guest player?

I know every situation is different but if you were on a team that the main position player got hurt aka broken bones and you only had one other boy that could play that position and the coach wore him out the past 2 weeks would you be happy if the coach brought in another player to help at position or upset?

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                        What are you all thoughts on guest players? Either your boy being the guest player or your boy being on a team that brought in guest player?

I know every situation is different but if you were on a team that the main position player got hurt aka broken bones and you only had one other boy that could play that position and the coach wore him out the past 2 weeks would you be happy if the coach brought in another player to help at position or upset?
                        I would ask why there was only 1 other kid that can play that position. What position was it, catcher? If it took us down to 9 I would be fine with a new kid coming to help but I would probably expect the core kids to be getting most of the work there.

If we still had at least 10 I would expect the coach to find a couple of kids that can do it and teach them.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                          I would ask why there was only 1 other kid that can play that position. What position was it, catcher? If it took us down to 9 I would be fine with a new kid coming to help but I would probably expect the core kids to be getting most of the work there.

If we still had at least 10 I would expect the coach to find a couple of kids that can do it and teach them.
                          It is catcher. The coach has three paid boys sitting on bench. Coach has tried to teach other boys but they are not good at all behind the plate

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                            It is catcher. The coach has three paid boys sitting on bench. Coach has tried to teach other boys but they are not good at all behind the plate
                            Man that's tough. I've always wanted my sons to be able to play anywhere, just gives more opportunity for playing time if someone gets hurt. But it can also be a curse, my oldest gets moved so much between C,3b, and outfield that he misses getting consistent reps at any one spot in games or even practice.

If nobody else can step up and do it then bringing in a new kid would have to happen, 1 kid can't get every rep at that spot IMO.

Comment

A good catcher is a gamechanger, my son is adequate at this point, with a good arm, but I've always told him how good it looks to be able to tell a coach that you can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                                Man that's tough. I've always wanted my sons to be able to play anywhere, just gives more opportunity for playing time if someone gets hurt. But it can also be a curse, my oldest gets moved so much between C,3b, and outfield that he misses getting consistent reps at any one spot in games or even practice.

If nobody else can step up and do it then bringing in a new kid would have to happen, 1 kid can't get every rep at that spot IMO.
                                My son plays all over the field. He is a good catcher but spends most of his time at short, 3rd or left field. Some parents and coaches from another team know my son can play catcher and is good at it and they are the ones that are needing catching help.

Comment

Working...
                                X