No announcement yet.

Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My boy played great yesterday out in the field. He accounted for 6 outs at short, 3 outs at 3rd and 2 outs at pitcher. He pitched 3 innings and threw 34 pitches with 24 being strikes and struck out 2.

They lost in the quarter finals round to Texas Stix South 9u AAA.
    Last edited by aggie2000tx; 05-07-2018, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
      My boy played great yesterday out in the field. He accounted for 6 outs at short, 3 outs at 3rd and 2 outs at pitcher. He pitched 3 innings and threw 34 pitches with 24 being strikes and struck out 2.

They lost in the quarter finals round to Texas Stix South 9u AAA.
      That's awesome bud[emoji106][emoji106]

Our 10s got beat in the semi final and mine is still trying to find those gaps as well, it's been a struggle lately.

The 7s won the 8u strikes for cancer, they rolled all day until they found themselves down 13-3 in the championship (to a team we beat 16-5 in pool play) and fought back to win it 16-14. These kids never cease to amaze man.

Logan has been crushing the ball for about 6 weeks now, he needs to share a little mojo with older brother.

He has to be the one standing out and he found his twin yesterday [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
        That's awesome bud[emoji106][emoji106]

Our 10s got beat in the semi final and mine is still trying to find those gaps as well, it's been a struggle lately.

The 7s won the 8u strikes for cancer, they rolled all day until they found themselves down 13-3 in the championship (to a team we beat 16-5 in pool play) and fought back to win it 16-14. These kids never cease to amaze man.

Logan has been crushing the ball for about 6 weeks now, he needs to share a little mojo with older brother.

He has to be the one standing out and he found his twin yesterday [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
        Y’all beat us in the second round of bracket play and have an amazing team. Well deserved! Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by jkk831 View Post
          Y’all beat us in the second round of bracket play and have an amazing team. Well deserved! Congrats.
          Thanks man, they work their butts off, they practice way more than my oldest son's 10u majors team. Not gonna lie, I'm looking forward to taking some time off for football lol.... if their coach will let us

Comment

Boys came up short against the Lonestar Express team that eventually won the whole thing..lost by 2 runs to them just ran out of time..
            Was a fun weekend.. BLD is ok place...needs work..and is overpriced all around...but we still enjoyed ourselves.

Comment

Deal Alert if you need a bat, Academy has the 2017 SL3 2 3/4 -10 for $22 reg. $200

Comment

Boy went 5-6 with 1 moonshot popup.
                2 runs and 3 RBI's in first game (started not letting kids advance run in 3rd inning when it was clear the other team wasnt on their level) (7 run rule kept him from crossing more)
                2nd game more of the same..
                Great thing seeing him get his confidence back... greater thing to see his teammates recognize it and lift him up. He worked his butt off for it.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  Boy went 5-6 with 1 moonshot popup.
                  2 runs and 3 RBI's in first game (started not letting kids advance run in 3rd inning when it was clear the other team wasnt on their level) (7 run rule kept him from crossing more)
                  2nd game more of the same..
                  Great thing seeing him get his confidence back... greater thing to see his teammates recognize it and lift him up. He worked his butt off for it.
                  Attakid! Only way out of a slump is to keep swinging it!

Comment

Great job

Comment

How do you have an open tournament and then separate AA from AAA/Majors in bracket play?
                      We are AAA and seeded #2 in pool play today. #1 seed is a AA team.
                      There is an A bracket and a B bracket tomorrow. All of the AAA/majors teams are in the B bracket and all of the AA teams are in the A bracket. Doesn’t make sense to me to separate teams like this in an open tournament.

Comment

We ran up against a AAA outfit today for the first time. We played a really good game until the last inning, and lost 8-0.

Not ready for that yet, but it was fun to watch those boys play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          We ran up against a AAA outfit today for the first time. We played a really good game until the last inning, and lost 8-0.

Not ready for that yet, but it was fun to watch those boys play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Always fun to see how you stack up against higher classified teams. In my post above, I would think the AA team that seeded 1st would have been looking forward to possibly facing some tough competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                            How do you have an open tournament and then separate AA from AAA/Majors in bracket play?
                            We are AAA and seeded #2 in pool play today. #1 seed is a AA team.
                            There is an A bracket and a B bracket tomorrow. All of the AAA/majors teams are in the B bracket and all of the AA teams are in the A bracket. Doesn’t make sense to me to separate teams like this in an open tournament.
                            Where are you guys playing? Same thing happened in our brackets today.

Comment

Originally posted by akstigo01 View Post
                              Where are you guys playing? Same thing happened in our brackets today.
                              USSSA DBat Mother’s Day Battle in Waco at Riverbend Park.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                                USSSA DBat Mother’s Day Battle in Waco at Riverbend Park.
                                Good deal. We ended up in Taylor this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X