No announcement yet.

Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 10 yr old went through a slump that was killing his stats. In the cage he couldn’t strike out if you tried, at the plate he couldn’t hit the broad side of the barn with a fist full of gravel!
    Slow motion video of the swing revealed the problem....his step was just opening up his hips early enough that he was inside the pitch every time. Talked to him about driving into his swing just like his pitch and pulling the bat at the same time he was driving with his hips. Got him back on the positive side of things!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

SSK1 Crew 12U are looking for 1-2 high level elite kids to finish out the season. We practice 2 times a week at the scrapyard and play 2 tournaments a month. If you would like more info please let me know. We are located in Spring, Woodlands area 713-201-4753 thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
        They have some 13U tournaments that play 60-90 just for this reason. I would play him up and get him in the weight room the drop -5 won't be a problem by the time he plays HS.
        It's -3 BBCOR for high school.

Comment

We've had a rough go at it and the bats went flat. Hopefully we can close out the Spring with some magic!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
            We've had a rough go at it and the bats went flat. Hopefully we can close out the Spring with some magic!
            Keep your head up - Yall can do it !

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              ridiculous amount of talent in this invitational "tourney"...no trophy...no rings...no whining.. just bring the best against best..see where you stand this weekend...elite 8u .. to get ready for gulf shores.
              Lonestar express, SCM, RBI, Ballers, 24k, Pasadena Legends, 5ToolPlayers, CTX Legends..
              Buddy of mine kid plays on 24k. How are they? Any good?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Very good bunch of kids.. fast

Comment

I hear there is a new round of banned bats, all the 2018 drop10 zens and a couple Easton GhostX models.

Several of our kids swing the Zen and my oldest had one a few years ago, no doubt they are hot, but what does it say about a manufacturer if their product consistently gets banned for failing safety standards, 2 years in a row now? And knowing all this, and that it's probably just a matter of time before the 19's get banned, we still don't allow one to even touch the shelf at a sporting goods store....

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                    I hear there is a new round of banned bats, all the 2018 drop10 zens and a couple Easton GhostX models.

Several of our kids swing the Zen and my oldest had one a few years ago, no doubt they are hot, but what does it say about a manufacturer if their product consistently gets banned for failing safety standards, 2 years in a row now? And knowing all this, and that it's probably just a matter of time before the 19's get banned, we still don't allow one to even touch the shelf at a sporting goods store....
                    Got the email today. My son is using the Zen, this 18 he is using is a replacement for the banned 17. So looks like we will get a 19 and sell it. Done with Demarini.

Comment

Big league dreams is nice place... fields a bit choppy..and the fence they put up for AAA 8U is too short... but fun place.
                      boys need to settle down and stay back with the bats.
                      Bright side, tanner crushed one to center field first at bat yesterday...so that was nice to hear/see..been a while.

Comment

Hello,

My son is playing for the 8u Katy Disciples but we are looking to make a move. What teams are in the cypress-Katy area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The 10s went 2-0 yesterday and won the first game this morning, back at it around 5. The 7s are 2-0 on the day and back at it again around 5 as well.

Comment

Won first game ..about to start second..

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                              I have a question for you guys with older players who have been through it. My son is a 12u player, but is in the 7th grade. He has an August birthday and we let him start school early. My delimmea is what to do with him next year. He really needs to play 14u ball before going to highschool, but his team will only be 13u. Do I let him continue with his team and try to see if he can pick-up some with 14u teams or do I try to get him on a 14u team for the full year? Also it's time to start upping his bat weight, but I'm just not sure he can handle a -5. He will have to swing a -5 if he plays 14u next year. Do I get a -5 now and let him hit with it all summer in hopes he can figure it out before next year? He's a small kid, but does have decent strength and swings his -10 louisville and -7 wood well. Just trying to keep him from going from -10 to -3 in a year. I'm afraid the next 2 seasons will be rough on him unless he grabs a gear in the growth department. Any info would be appreciated!
                              Cwill, My 12 yr old is in the same boat. Aug 11th birthday and started him in school a year earlier than I had to. He has been swinging an axe -10 in games, but I bought him a -5 L'ville Slugger that he has been swinging in practice. He's been swinging it well, but has been hesitant to swing in a tourney because he has been hitting really well with the Axe (all in his head). Due to some issues with the Axe (whole other story), he'll have to use it at this week's tourney.

His org does have older teams. The current 13u team has a couple of his buddies that he's played with on other teams, and that he plays football with. I've talked to his coach, and he is gonna play up as many tourneys as he can next season without moving him to the older team. In the fall, I plan on making him swing the -5 in games and get him a -3 bbcor for practice to help with the transition.

Comment

Hope yall had a great day! We had a decent day going 1-1. Kiddo played great defense, still not finding gaps with the hits.

That's all we got in for the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X