Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Select Baseball 2018

Originally posted by jkk831 View Post
    Thanks, You guys have a good team. Wish we could have met out there. We haven’t lost a pool play game this year but haven’t got past the first round blues of bracket play until this weekend.

We were at Bridgeport as well. Played you guys PP game 1 and you guys rolled us! Lol. We played terrible. Picked it up some after you guys woke us up but lost to the bandits in a tough one run game we gave away with errors. You guys have a great team. Hit the ball fantastic. Hopefully see you guys again and realize who’s hand I’m shaking at the end of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mrddye; 04-30-2018, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Well guys my kid is getting ready for his tourney team. Working on a pitch. He had no change-up as strange as it sounds. Palm and circle he can throw for strikes but they have no movement. He is working a on a split change. Works great. He throws about 3 then throws a fastball. He spiked a fastball and I was spinning out and it caught me dead center on back of calf. Walking today but limping. Did it yesterday AM. Thinking of hanging up the bullpen mitt

Comment

11U AAA Player looking for a new team. We are in Baytown so something somewhat close would be nice, but willing to drive a bit. SS and OF.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          Well guys my kid is getting ready for his tourney team. Working on a pitch. He had no change-up as strange as it sounds. Palm and circle he can throw for strikes but they have no movement. He is working a on a split change. Works great. He throws about 3 then throws a fastball. He spiked a fastball and I was spinning out and it caught me dead center on back of calf. Walking today but limping. Did it yesterday AM. Thinking of hanging up the bullpen mitt
          That sounds painful! I saw a stool the other day that had build in shin guards on it, but I don't know if it was homemade or something you could buy. I'm thinking I'll get me one when my boys get older! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
            That sounds painful! I saw a stool the other day that had build in shin guards on it, but I don't know if it was homemade or something you could buy. I'm thinking I'll get me one when my boys get older! Lol
            Saw a guy giving a lesson the other day in a cage near us. He sat on a bucket and had a big piece of rubber mat in front of his knees for protection. A shield for his lower half. Thought it was a pretty good idea.

Comment

In for links to this leg saving stool....

Comment

If you see him again ask where to get one and or take pictures please. And it is painful I took pictures but can’t post. It’s almost twice the size of other calf and black blue green.

Comment

Originally posted by mrddye View Post
                  We were at Bridgeport as well. Played you guys PP game 1 and you guys rolled us! Lol. We played terrible. Picked it up some after you guys woke us up but lost to the bandits in a tough one run game we gave away with errors. You guys have a great team. Hit the ball fantastic. Hopefully see you guys again and realize who’s hand I’m shaking at the end of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Very cool. Maybe our paths will cross again soon. We play in Burleson this weekend.

Comment

SSK1 Crew 12u got it done this weekend at BBUSA tournament! Very proud of my boys played hard and took home the ship in the lower bracket. There where a lot of good teams in it this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                      SSK1 Crew 12u got it done this weekend at BBUSA tournament! Very proud of my boys played hard and took home the ship in the lower bracket. There where a lot of good teams in it this week.
                      That's awesome Grant! The 12 u SSK1 teams have been on fire this spring. You guys are doing something right over there!

Comment

Originally posted by jkk831 View Post
                        Very cool. Maybe our paths will cross again soon. We play in Burleson this weekend.
                        My 7u is in Burleson this weekend and my 10u is in Grapevine. Both play at 8am Saturday [emoji21][emoji21]

I will be with the 10s Saturday, hopefully the game times Sunday will work out so i can watch both of them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                          That's awesome Grant! The 12 u SSK1 teams have been on fire this spring. You guys are doing something right over there!
                          Yes sir we have them going pretty good. Hope the parents see it, but it is select ball LOL!!

Comment

My son’s 8u team got it done this weekend at Baseball USA. Won the championship by beating a team that beat them in pool play. In the semi finals, had to play two extra innings but the boys were able to pull out the win. Crazy game!
                            Attached Files

Comment

I have a question for you guys with older players who have been through it. My son is a 12u player, but is in the 7th grade. He has an August birthday and we let him start school early. My delimmea is what to do with him next year. He really needs to play 14u ball before going to highschool, but his team will only be 13u. Do I let him continue with his team and try to see if he can pick-up some with 14u teams or do I try to get him on a 14u team for the full year? Also it's time to start upping his bat weight, but I'm just not sure he can handle a -5. He will have to swing a -5 if he plays 14u next year. Do I get a -5 now and let him hit with it all summer in hopes he can figure it out before next year? He's a small kid, but does have decent strength and swings his -10 louisville and -7 wood well. Just trying to keep him from going from -10 to -3 in a year. I'm afraid the next 2 seasons will be rough on him unless he grabs a gear in the growth department. Any info would be appreciated!

Comment

Cwill- my kid is a late August kid. Does your organization have older teams? If so talk to them and get him time playing up if possible. The big difference is pitching. You will still mostly see looping curves thrown by kids dropping arm slot and twisting the ball but will start to see kids that throw sharp breaking curves that come off hand with fastball arm speed. I had my kid bounce up to some time with a 16u team at 14 so he could get ahead. I like putting him on a bigger stage than where he is getting most of his playing time if possible. I would get him with his graduating class as soon as you can

Comment

Working...
                                X