Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cwill View Post
    We got introduced to some real GOOD baseball today in the 12u open division in Beaumont! Our little AA team has zero business here. Lol. On a positive note the boys played well considering and now understand what kind of commitment it takes to be a good team. Humble pie aplenty down here! I stopped counting at 15 home runs today and none came from my son's team.
    Wow

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
      Wow
      Just to clarify they wasn't all against my son's team, but balls were leaving the yard everywhere you looked! Lol

Comment

Weather held but We didnt show up with the bats yesterday... boys struggled to get on same page against these kids...
        Great tourney though against some very good baseball teams... boys will do their normal Sunday showup and showout today.... we hope

Boy is still strugglin at plate.. cant get his timing the ball down..and he adjusts his swing for it which makes it worse...
        Does fine in practice and in cage...but is getting anxious or something during games..

Im awake because sharing a king with my son is like cage matching a kangaroo..
        He needs the sleep so im on a hotel room couch made of vinyl covered 2x6's...

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          Weather held but We didnt show up with the bats yesterday... boys struggled to get on same page against these kids...
          Great tourney though against some very good baseball teams... boys will do their normal Sunday showup and showout today.... we hope

Boy is still strugglin at plate.. cant get his timing the ball down..and he adjusts his swing for it which makes it worse...
          Does fine in practice and in cage...but is getting anxious or something during games..

Im awake because sharing a king with my son is like cage matching a kangaroo..
          He needs the sleep so im on a hotel room couch made of vinyl covered 2x6's...
          Same here with the kid in the hotel bed

Comment

Glad this weekend is over! We got pumbled in all 3 games. Our boys now know they need to work harder and grow! Our parents now know their kid is not a stud despite what they've been told at their local little league park for the last 6 years! I may be crazy, but I sure am glad we got to see and experience this level of play even though we ended up on the raw end. Good luck to all the kids that are still playing today!

Comment

It will only make them better in the long run. Good luck to you guys.

The 10s showed up today and have won their first 2 games, we have the semi final at 6.

The 7s are winning their first game, it's gonna be a long day and a longer drive back to Dallas tonight.

Comment

Both boys starting the semifinals at the same time on back to back fields, makes it easy on me

Comment

Well the 10s came up short 8-5 in the championship, going 3-1 today after yesterday was promising.

The Texas Nitro team we beat in Houston last month got us back today, and they put it to us.

In the end it was a good weekend of baseball though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

If you guys know anyone looking for a new bat, I have 2 brand new 2018 Axe Avenge USSSA bats For Sale. One 29/19 and one 30/20 $350 in the store. $250ea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A funny pic from our championship game last night against the Austin Horns, that's our shortstop pitching[emoji28]

It was a great game, they put us away with a 3-run bomb in the bottom of the 5th. We had runners on in the 6th and the tying run at the plate nut lined into a double play to end it. My son was on deck and would have had a chance to tie the game or put us ahead, would've been cool to see him get the chance.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                        A funny pic from our championship game last night against the Austin Horns, that's our shortstop pitching[emoji28]

It was a great game, they put us away with a 3-run bomb in the bottom of the 5th. We had runners on in the 6th and the tying run at the plate nut lined into a double play to end it. My son was on deck and would have had a chance to tie the game or put us ahead, would've been cool to see him get the chance.
                        Haha - and that would have been fun to see most definitely.

We are playing out at Bear Creek in Grapevine Saturday afternoon. Works out for me as I have Volleyball and Soccer in the morning.

Good luck !

Comment

he hit him too, to top it off.

good luck to you guys, both my boys are off this weekend then we have a travel sports tourney next weekend then the super nit in austin on 5/19.

the 10u team is going to the tcu/tech game saturday night, gonna sit out on the lawn, should be great weather and a good time.

Comment

we're off this weekend... which means ..the weather will be beautiful baseball weather.

Think we are at dreams next weekend for a AAA tourney..
                            boys still workin his way out of his slump... thinkin waaaaaay to much about what hes doin...
                            Coaches and I spent this weeks practices just making it about having fun.. and he seemed to gain some confidence back.. and getting rid of the death grip on the bat.
                            I think he's seeing some of his buddies on the team hitting harder (they outweigh him by 10-15lbs) and hes trying to get strong in the load by grippin and rippin...instead of stayin loose.
                            Used the ZEPP in garage and showed him the different in his hand speed/bat speed at impact between him 'getting strong' and staying loose... it was almost 8mph BSAI and 5mph HS difference...
                            so now hes got the visual.. just a matter of him letting the swing come natural..

Comment

We got our first championship today in Bridgeport. Our 8u boys fought hard all day and came through in the end.

Comment

Select Baseball 2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by jkk831; 04-28-2018, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X