No announcement yet.

Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got a nations tourney..this weekend...looks like another big one... no idea what park we'll be at yuet...or if we have to do a friday night game...
    ...and i JUST bought tickets for Friday nights stros game...

Might have some Great seats (8rows back from stros dugout on the aisle) to sell this evening when the schedules finalized...

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      got a nations tourney..this weekend...looks like another big one... no idea what park we'll be at yuet...or if we have to do a friday night game...
      ...and i JUST bought tickets for Friday nights stros game...

Might have some Great seats (8rows back from stros dugout on the aisle) to sell this evening when the schedules finalized...
      Awwwwww man - Good luck in the draw !!!

Comment

right NOW the schedule is showing sat games.. im sure it will change 2 or 3 times

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
          Whelp - we had a one day tourney on Saturday. Played good ball all the way around. Made it to the Championship game and ran out of gas it seemed.

Jax has stayed in the lead off spot for this tournament as well. Came up down 7-4 in the bottom of the last inning in the Championship with bases loaded. Parents and Coaches didn't do him any favors by getting on a terrible Ump throughout the game. He made a terrible call on a ball that was dead that he kept live. Another kid got hit in the forearm and somehow the Ump missed it and said it was the bat. Some talking back and forth with Parents.

So Jax comes up and gets down 0-2. He fights like heck on the 8th pitch of the at bat, lines one down third base. It hits the coner of the bag and pops up and back behind the 3rd baseman. 2 runs score and we have it at 7-6, or so we thought. Field Ump had it fair with his hands the whole time, Home Ump yells foul after the runs have scored and Jax is standing on base. Shock sets in, Jax gets back to the plate and grounds to 3rd for the force out at home.

Frustrating to say the least. Proud of the kiddos though. Jax scored 3 of the 4 runs in their extra inning game to get to the Championship. He played great. LONG weekend, and think 4-5 games in a day might just be too much for everybody involved, lol.
          I agree on 4-5 games being a lot, I think Sundays should be 3-4 max, preferably 3.

My 10u is playing this weekend, the 7u will play next weekend the both will be playing in Beaumont on 4/21.

Comment

2pm.. and still showing saturday games.....fingers crossed

Comment

2pm.. and still showing saturday games.....fingers crossed
              Nation's seems alittle better about sticking to schedules, but them big tournaments are so unpredictable! I'm just glad to see Nation's having big events again! Heck with Larson!

Comment

I got pretty excited the other day, we decided if we don't get the bid to the elite 32 in Florida this summer we will go to the Triple Crown Slumpbuster in Omaha instead. The kids get tickets to the college WS games..... I would much rather be there than Florida

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                  Nation's seems alittle better about sticking to schedules, but them big tournaments are so unpredictable! I'm just glad to see Nation's having big events again! Heck with Larson!
                  I dont know Larson, but I dont like him already, lol

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                    I dont know Larson, but I dont like him already, lol
                    He's the main USSSA guy around the Houston area and is notorious for his shenanigans. I don't personally know him either, but I sure don't agree with alot of what he does with youth baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                      I got pretty excited the other day, we decided if we don't get the bid to the elite 32 in Florida this summer we will go to the Triple Crown Slumpbuster in Omaha instead. The kids get tickets to the college WS games..... I would much rather be there than Florida
                      Omaha is fun. Our older guys went up there for years for a tournament. I dodged more than one tornado in the time we spent up there!

Comment

We got lucky... sat games locked in at premier...

Comment

We just busted a Warriors team masquerading as a bunch of kids that didn't have teams in our area league yesterday. So far, they're trying to claim it's one big coincidence, but their league coach is their Warriors coach and they've been together for at least 2 years (we very simply cross checked their tournament rosters versus their team roster).

For the life of me it's hard to imagine a more ******y position in life than a grown adult that would sneak his traveling team into a local league exclusively for the sake of dominating it. This is what's wrong with youth baseball. Too many grown ups that base their own self worth on how their child's team does.

Not even sure the right course of action. It's not the kids' fault, but how can we possibly allow them to play out the season?

Comment

We got lucky... sat games locked in at premier...
                            You're Welcome

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                            We just busted a Warriors team masquerading as a bunch of kids that didn't have teams in our area league yesterday. So far, they're trying to claim it's one big coincidence, but their league coach is their Warriors coach and they've been together for at least 2 years (we very simply cross checked their tournament rosters versus their team roster).

For the life of me it's hard to imagine a more ******y position in life than a grown adult that would sneak his traveling team into a local league exclusively for the sake of dominating it. This is what's wrong with youth baseball. Too many grown ups that base their own self worth on how their child's team does.

Not even sure the right course of action. It's not the kids' fault, but how can we possibly allow them to play out the season?
                            Consequences sometimes suck, but they are there for a reason.

Comment

BitBack- that makes no sense at all to me. The only reason to play travel ball is to face better opponents. I would have to league president contact that coach. How did he bring a team into a league? Doesn’t the league have tryouts? If not the league you are in may consider changing to this format. Only have 2 or so protected players from year before. I miss when my kid was a little squirt playing league ball.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                                BitBack- that makes no sense at all to me. The only reason to play travel ball is to face better opponents. I would have to league president contact that coach. How did he bring a team into a league? Doesn’t the league have tryouts? If not the league you are in may consider changing to this format. Only have 2 or so protected players from year before. I miss when my kid was a little squirt playing league ball.
                                You have 2 protected players per team, commissioners from another school must watch the draft and you have to sign an agreement suggesting that your team was built under circumstances that prevent an unfair advantage. We had a 7U tournament team from just our elementary school last year, and no team has more than 2 of those players and most have just 1.

This guy basically approached the league late with a group of kids from small schools that didn't have teams and said they were low income, lived nearby one another and needed to be on the same team for ride sharing, etc. Normally those kids are distributed by the commissioner to various teams, but for some reason, they just allowed them their own team this year. It's not the entire team, but it's 8 of 11. They basically have 8 #1s compared to every other team that has 1 or 2.

And I completely agree it makes no sense. "Why even bother?" is what I've been asking myself.

Reps? It's fun to dominate and maybe they're not a good traveling team? No idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X