No announcement yet.

Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats you guys! good stuff... lotsa baseball this past weekend...

Comment

Congrats to you guys bringing home the hardware

Comment

Awesome to see GREAT results!

Well this was an experience for us in this Super NIT, lol.

Came out of pool play with a one seed 2-0. Bats were good and defense was good. Started brackets at 1:15 with a nice 16-4 win. We played really good ball, until we didnt, in the semi-finals. Ran against a stud lefty and our kiddos had no answer really.

Jax played great in the field with no errors all weekend at second and in the outfield. He led off all weekend again, and the only game they lost is the game he didnt cross the plate to get it started. We actually made a little change to his hands / bat position and it has showed promising results.

Field was horrible, and some of the umpires were beyond description. Had what looked to be a construction fence in the outfield. I had never seen a mound this small in my entire life. Field ump was doing his first game ever (he told us) and had no idea where to go during the plays in the field. First base Coaches took turns putting him in place to help him out in between hitters.

Fun, but long weekend, making the drive all over.

Comment

The bad umps were rampant it sounds like lol...

This was strike 3 to end our Sunday, full count and runners at 2nd and 3rd, down 1-0. We can't blame them though, we didn't hit the ball and made some bad decisions on the bases. We should have tied it on the previous at bat, bases loaded with no outs, we smoke a ball to the rcf gap and the cf makes a sweet diving catch, we look over and our runner on 3rd is running back to the base, he wasn't tagged up. He then gets thrown out trying to score after tagging back up. [emoji21][emoji21][emoji21]

The ump was horrible both ways though, we would all laugh at some of the strikes he was calling.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

lol my son fell victim to a few bad calls..one for a 3/2 strike 3.. that everyone shook their heads at...
            hicast video confirmed it (he made me pull it up..)
            shows the ball coming in far right.. catcher laying over to the right to get it--so much so he's visible on the right side of the umpire...who...is also to the right of the plate....my son hunched down watching it the whole way in....
            he called a few chin high too... and one that hit a boy in the ankle was a strike before he said take your base.

is what it is...age old issue.

Comment

All ever told my kid was that is the game of baseball- Hit your way on base. If you don’t like the umpires strike zone widen your hitting zone. My kid was a free hacking right handed that would hit balls 10 inches outside down the right field line. As he got older coaches loved him as they could hit&run with their #3 hole. Now he doesn’t get to hit so it didn’t pay off

Comment

I'm not big on complaining after you see what is going on. He had no clue, and was not going to get a clue within the game, lol.

It is frustrating.

Comment

Anybody playing 10u in Franklin on Saturday?

Comment

i have always heard stories about different ways scouts watch kids, before/after games in the parking lot talking to friends/family, in the dugout when they arent hitting, at restaurants after games, etc., and i saw a little bit of it last night.

i was at the rockwall vs longview game and was sitting above a scout from the mets, i dont think he was necessarily trying to stay hidden, he had a mets shirt on and a stop watch around his neck, then pulled a laser out of his backpack and went behind the plate and got a few readings off of rockwalls pitcher. he was there for the warmups before the game as well.

but i watched him between innings and when rockwall was warming up, their 2 best players were pitching and catching last night, he would time the pitcher on his delivery on every warm up pitch, logging it in his phone, and he would got the catchers pop time on every throw to 2nd at the end of the warm up.

when those 2 had an at bat, he was timing them to 1st on every hit. the catcher had a stand up double in the first and started coasting about halfway to 2nd, he didnt stop the watch till he touched 2nd. both of them had homeruns later in the game and he clocked both to 1st, both were running hard. he was also watching the center fielder who at one point hit a lazy pop up to 2nd, he coasted down to 1st and that guy didnt stop the clock till he touched first and logged it.

reminded me of over hearing our coach sunday between innings, our 3rd baseman was being a little lazy on the grounders from the 1st baseman and throws back to him, i heard coach tell him something about taking it serious followed with...."i'm always watching."

which made me a little restless watching my son at 3rd the next game working on his backhand and stupid beltre sidearm flip to 1st between innings, luckily my voice is pretty recognizable and a stern sounding "STOP" at noone in particular found the ears it was intended for.

Comment

yup....not running out every base at full speed everytime chaps my butt...
                      if your lazy to first, you must've been lazy at the bat too.

I too have a distinct voice when he starts practicing his correa spin throw between innings...

Comment

Grades in baseball- they don't have the resources or numbers that football and basketball get.

Comment

That's another part of the reason I'm off to myself 90% of most games. There's no excuse.

I let him have some fun one time, but if it becomes a thing, so does my voice.

Comment

For all you guys with 7-9U kids... im going to be selling a few bats... all lightly used ..
                            2017 cat7 white 26/16 -10 $125
                            2017 deMarini CF 26/15 -11 $75
                            2018 easton Ghost X Hyperlite 25/13 -12 $150 (new maybe 25 hits on it)
                            (*add shipping to all prices)

Boy doesnt like the composites so back to the cat7's we go

If you need pics, pm me.

Comment

Whelp - we had a one day tourney on Saturday. Played good ball all the way around. Made it to the Championship game and ran out of gas it seemed.

Jax has stayed in the lead off spot for this tournament as well. Came up down 7-4 in the bottom of the last inning in the Championship with bases loaded. Parents and Coaches didn't do him any favors by getting on a terrible Ump throughout the game. He made a terrible call on a ball that was dead that he kept live. Another kid got hit in the forearm and somehow the Ump missed it and said it was the bat. Some talking back and forth with Parents.

So Jax comes up and gets down 0-2. He fights like heck on the 8th pitch of the at bat, lines one down third base. It hits the coner of the bag and pops up and back behind the 3rd baseman. 2 runs score and we have it at 7-6, or so we thought. Field Ump had it fair with his hands the whole time, Home Ump yells foul after the runs have scored and Jax is standing on base. Shock sets in, Jax gets back to the plate and grounds to 3rd for the force out at home.

Frustrating to say the least. Proud of the kiddos though. Jax scored 3 of the 4 runs in their extra inning game to get to the Championship. He played great. LONG weekend, and think 4-5 games in a day might just be too much for everybody involved, lol.

Comment

Well James. Too bad parents have to loos the game for kids. Unfortunately they won’t learn. My kids coach from 12-14u would eject parents as soon as he heard one chipper by at umpire. They took their kid with them when they left. After first time it never happened again. He told kids there job was to play, parents job was to watch, his job was to coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X