Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're here...

Comment

Well the little ones lost 7-6 to a team they run ruled yesterday, we just didn't hit.

The 10s won the first game and just lost the 2ns game to the Eagles 6-3. They just couldn't string any hits together.

Eagles and Bombers in the championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Full Throttle View Post
        Frankel. The guy is a real piece of work... I’ll just leave it at that since it’s Sunday. Good luck to your boys today fellas [emoji106]

I see team yeti beat them! We went 1 and done today. Should have won. Was up by 2 into the last at bat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt79 View Post
          I see team yeti beat them! We went 1 and done today. Should have won. Was up by 2 into the last at bat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Warms my heart. We had yeti 4-1 going into the 6th last night and had 1 bad inning and lost. Didn’t hit well today. Went 2 & 2 on the weekend. Not bad considering how little practice time we’ve had.

Comment

Well my Son’s team had the Texas Rattlers down until the last inning. They got beat 5-4. Not bad for the weekend considering they had zero field practices before this tournament

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
              What team? I believe we are playing a Triple Crown Tournament but we are in Lewisville. My son plays on 9u AAA Storm team

First tournament of the season for us this season
              NTX Snipers

We played horrible this weekend. I would've said it's because we've had no field practices because of rain and sickness.....but it sounds like no one else has had very much practice either. Boys couldn't hit anything this weekend. Hitting should've been there. No field practices due to weather, but plenty of indoor hitting practice. Defense was atrocious. My son played short, and second on Saturday. Pretty solid, no errors. Started pitching today, 2 strike outs, 2 walks, defense was sloppy behind him. Overall it was just nice to get back out there, see the baseball family, and watch the boys. Plenty of baseball to be played this year.

Comment

Originally posted by CooterBrown View Post
                NTX Snipers

We played horrible this weekend. I would've said it's because we've had no field practices because of rain and sickness.....but it sounds like no one else has had very much practice either. Boys couldn't hit anything this weekend. Hitting should've been there. No field practices due to weather, but plenty of indoor hitting practice. Defense was atrocious. My son played short, and second on Saturday. Pretty solid, no errors. Started pitching today, 2 strike outs, 2 walks, defense was sloppy behind him. Overall it was just nice to get back out there, see the baseball family, and watch the boys. Plenty of baseball to be played this year.
                You are correct there is plenty of baseball to play this season. Overall our boys did pretty good but were a little rusty

Comment

Son’s 12u team lost in a tie breaker during the semi-finals at Triple Crown in Carrollton. They played well, but were a little rusty. Was good to see some baseball this weekend. The pic is from one of the two triples he hit today.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	AD56756B-424D-4063-A98D-0E798779B0B3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	24531563

Comment

Boys pulled it off... first baseman got a hairline fracture in game yesterday on glove hand from a 5000mph bullet...so some player switching had my boy going to catcher... (hadnt suited up in that gear in almost a year) and played 4 fantastic games... caught a foul pop back to the backstop... pounded the ball all day, ran the fastest ive ever seen him to beat out throw to first on 2 outs with two on and scored two on it.. and got his clock cleaned on a full dead slide to home by a catcher who decided then to make the first catch hes made all day..
                    Got up.. and pounded a 2 rbi dbl the next inning.
                    Pretty **** proud if him and his team.

Comment

We (Scorpions) lost to 10u Dynasty Black in the championship tonight in 6 innings. Went 4-1 so not a bad weekend for our boys.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        Boys pulled it off... first baseman got a hairline fracture in game yesterday on glove hand from a 5000mph bullet...so some player switching had my boy going to catcher... (hadnt suited up in that gear in almost a year) and played 4 fantastic games... caught a foul pop back to the backstop... pounded the ball all day, ran the fastest ive ever seen him to beat out throw to first on 2 outs with two on and scored two on it.. and got his clock cleaned on a full dead slide to home by a catcher who decided then to make the first catch hes made all day..
                        good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          Great Stuff !!

Comment

We sucked in our pool play - won the losers bracket Sunday.

We played up in age 11aa teams, and did pretty good.

We really need time on the field. More they’re playing the better they are getting. So that’s good to
                            See.

Comment

Pretty cool to win first place! Congrats.

At the end of the day as a coach myself I could give 2 shets about points and all these big tournaments. I am old school and just want to coach and try to get the kids better and win.

All these tournaments have 2-3 brackets so 1st place in a lower bracket isn't actually first. It goes back to society everyone can be some kind of winner nowadays.

Wish we could go back to the old days where 12 YO LL was all that mattered and trying to make it to Williamsport. And select was actually select with the best kids working on their game and where HS meant the most. Not having so many select teams and it watered down where anyone can play on the premier, elite, or white team. Got money and a team will find you a spot. Not paying some coach for him to lie about how good you are.

I say this because at the end of the day what you did as a 6-14 year old is irrelevant to your HS team or if you get the chance to play in college or beyond.

Talked with my buddy who was a big time coach in D1 and he said its a joke but he enjoys robbing these parents and getting paid $10k for 2 months of work cash. The kids pay $1500 a month and that's how much tournaments cost also. Tell me that's not absurd....but even more absurd is parents pay this and think it will help their kid that much. HAHA!

Sad to see how this is ruined the game.

And parent's nowadays don't see it as they are blind to it and all worried about social media, points, rings, and my kid is the best and so on.

Again I will catch flack, but that's ok I have seen it all so can give unbiased reports on it from the parents, coaches, and players side of things...all 3

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                                We sucked in our pool play - won the losers bracket Sunday.

We played up in age 11aa teams, and did pretty good.

We really need time on the field. More they’re playing the better they are getting. So that’s good to
                                See.
                                Big bases huh? Was it a major difference?

Comment

Working...
                                X