• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cactusassjohn View Post
    i sat on a cactus once
    Judging by your name I would never have guessed. Lol

Comment

Wack myself on top of my skull with a T post driver once. About knocked myself out. Saw stars all the way to the hospital. Luckily my wife was with me and was able to drive me to the hospital in Kingsville. 15 staples to the knoggin and alot of blood lost. I'm still a little gun shy when using one of those things.

Comment

About 15 years ago I had a blind on a 20 foot tower.The ladder on the tower had gotten wrecked while laying it down,years before.So I used an old 30 foot extension ladder.Well the ladder,and the door didn't line up.You had to lean over,un-latch the door,and kind of "swing in",if that makes sense..Sitting in it one afternoon til after dark,freezing cold,and windy.My feet were numb from the cold,and sitting still.
        Stepping out,and over to that ladder the blew the door out of my hand.I had one foot on the top rung...A 338 win mag,and backpack on me.It was either push off,or fall..I remember gritting my teeth,and thinking how bad this is gonna hurt when I land on these rocks..I don't know how long I was out.I remember looking at the stars,and wiggling my toes.
        It would've been several days before anybody would have found me I think.We didn't have cell reception then,and pretty sure my little flip phone was in the truck.That old Remington classic had a real big gash in the stock,but it was still dead on @ 200.Gotta love leupolds!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure if anyone else follows the White Knuckle bowhunting podcast, but Todd Pringnitz (founder of Wicked Tree Gear saws) was in a seriously bad ATV accident on Saturday. He was airlifted to the hospital and is in a medically induced coma with severe trauma to his brain. Todd was not wearing a helmet.

Below is an update from this afternoon on bowhunting.com.

https://forums.bowhunting.com/thread...ccident.95310/

Hey guys - I've been talking to Katie quite a bit as well as Todd's business partner Jason to get daily updates on his condition. As of right now, he's still a medically induced coma with severe trauma to his brain. They have large pieces of his skull removed on both the left and right side to ease pressure from swelling and had to remove a portion of one of the frontal lobes of his brain due to damage from the impact. He is far from out of the woods, but all signs at this point are positive for survival. He is breathing on his own, his body is regulating temp in its own, his eyes are moving under his eyelids and he was reportedly able to squeeze a nurse's hand in response to talking. He's still in critical condition and fighting for survival at this point, but things are stable and it's going to be day-by-day to see how it goes. If he pulls through the next couple of days it's difficult to know what the long-term damage is going to be, but the chances of Todd ever being "Todd" again are pretty remote.

Comment

My broken jaw story is wimpy compared to the jack story, but here it is.
            Got serious stomach virus at deer camp. Went to the doorstep of our cabin trailer to throw up outside and fainted. Fell like a tree out of the cabin and my chin landed square on a paver stone edge. Laid out there 1.5 hours before I came to. 36 degrees in only my ‘wares.
            Teeth slammed together and broke my jaw at the hinge. 9 weeks wired shut.

Stabbed my quad one night gutting a buck. Luckily a short bladed knofe amd missed any arteries. Learned a lesson the hard way about getting in a rush with a sharp knife.

Pretty lucky for 56 years of hunting. Especially with a dad who was a “Just rub some dirt on it” kind of guy.

BP
            Last edited by Big pig; 02-18-2019, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Had a crazy weird happening with a knife. Was cutting a twig off a limb with my other hand holding on to the same branch several feet away. Somehow I lost my balance or something, the knife skipped up the 2 foot of branch, and burried itself in my pointer finger right at the knuckle. Then it stuck in the bone. Got it loose, had to hike 2 hours out and drive myself to the hospital. It hurt. I shouldn’t have been cutting toward myself.

Comment

.......how many of these accidents involved under the influence drinking or hangovers? I know my younger years accident stories would begin with;
                "you remember that time we were drinking and........"

Comment

Tagged, this seems like a very interesting thread

Comment

Always been careful with the cleaning knife until one buck a few years ago. Still don't have feeling in the finger tip.

And I learned a lesson about new gear on the mountain a few years ago on a solo elk hunt. Had bought a single wall 4 season backpacking tent. It was in the 20's and blowing like crazy so I didn't open any of the vents. I'd been training at sea level and was camped over 9k so as I was going to sleep (or trying to) I though I was just short of breath because of the altitude. Well I got out to pee and realized that it wasn't the altitude and I was slowly suffocating in my little tent. Could've been bad if I didn't realize that.

Sent from somewhere

Comment

Standing on an idling 4 wheeler in flooded timber cutting shooting lanes with a pole saw and a branch came down pinned the throttle dumped me headfirst into the mud while at some point breaking several inches of a pencil sized branch off under my scalp. Cold, wet and covered in mud, I had to get it fished out at the ER. The series of shots in my rear are a secondary reminder to do less stupid stuff.

I shot my first wife while pheasant hunting on our first anniversary. Just winged her when I sky lined a crippled rooster running over a crown in a field. We had split up pushing some trees and she got ahead of me and around a rise in a bean field. She screamed and I was confused as to what happened. She then yelled "you shot me!" I ran over the hill and she was holding her bicep. Couple of #5 Pellets just hit her in the arm at a little over 100 yards and left purple welts not penetrating her jacket. I felt pretty sick, she took it in stride and said she owes me one.
                      We're still married, I just started calling her my first wife after I shot her.

Comment

Got bit by a rattlesnake. Nothing really,really serious so far. No broken bones or anything life threatening.

I guess that's not really an accident. That snake deliberately bit me. Knew exactly what he was doing.
                        Last edited by okrattler; 02-19-2019, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Not while hunting but while at hunting camp after a hunt. Decided to take the dirt bike out around midnight and ran plum through a barbed wire fence. Cut right through my starched jeans and hoodie. Luckily only cuts on my arms and legs. Could’ve used stitches but who wants to drive to the hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X