Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell is wrong with kids these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myway View Post
    No warrior here bud I just think it’s amazing how easy people get ****** and vent. I could can see it the other way as well ..I ordered three egg rolls and it was 8$ because they sell them in 1,2 and 4s. Remember the sonic burger with cheese thread? Would it have been better with this. I guess I’m that guy and just realize **** happens.
    But it wasnt an on the fly oh that threw me off thing. The girl was really just that dumb if she said that, and has probably said that to multiple customers.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
      If the footlong isn't 12", then she was wrong.

Or...what if "foot long" is simply the name of that particular size of bread, and not necessarily indicative of the actual length of the bread?

Comment

Y'all talk all the trash you like about today’s kids. But, who do you go to when your remote, satellite, cable, phone, or computer does not work or needs setting up?

As much common sense as they lack.... we lack in today’s technology.

Comment

I believe it falls on the parents. We have to teach common sense, respect, good work ethic, and ethics in general. I have a 11 year old and I refuse to let him be a part of this "everyone owes me" society.

Comment

One of my friends ordered a cheeseburger at Burger King in Beaumont one time with "cheese only" and they gave him a bun with a slice of cheese in the middle

Comment

Originally posted by chancito1 View Post
              Common sense is a long lost art
              This x100

Comment

Originally posted by cuttingedge View Post
                I (52) argue with my son (30) all the time. I tell him the advent of the computer has ruined the world. Now, think about it for a minute before you call me crazy. Rewind 30 years. There were a lot of jobs that required skilled manufacturers. Craftsmanship. Decent paying jobs. Now so much is automated and more and more headed that direction. Don't get me wrong, I see the improvements in machining for instance.

Now everyone has a hand-held mini computer that distracts them from reality, and most folks aren't even present where they are anymore. Everyone has a voice, and not everyone needs to have one.
                Yep. The more info you can get from a computer, the less you have to actually know. Now when people search for an answer on the net, they dont learn it, they dump it as soon as its no longer needed. If needed again, it is found on the net again rather than retrieved from memory. As a CNC Programmer/ machinist I personally see the benefits, but also have seen a sharp decline in the knowledge of operators. If something doesnt go just right, call the programmer.......

Comment

It's not just job skills, it's every skill. Take driving for instance. We've got cars that'll almost drive for you and people still can't keep it between the ditches. My friends laugh when I look at directions on a map. Take their GPS and ask them which way is north and they could't tell you. Basic math might as well be calculus. You can blame parents, but they've largely become the same way. Why bother using your brain when you've got 24/7 access to the electronic brain in your pocket?

Comment

No discipline or circumstances for kids in school today and all they teach for from the 3rd grade up is the STAAR tests period! No one basically teaches anymore like it use to be. Teachers pay and assessments are based on test scores period.
                    They way some of this stuff is taught, especially in Math will take most 2 to 3 times longer to do than it did 10 to 20 years ago. They have taken simple math and made it as difficult as physics.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                      So.. do you think your dad and grandfather didn’t say the exact same thing? It’s fast food Chinese two deep breaths it will be okay. Oh and you misspelled some words.
                      Exactly
                      I wouldn't have thought twice about it. I would have said I will take an order of 2 and a single order and said thank you ma'am.

Comment

Originally posted by jrfan View Post
                        I went into Royse City whataburger and asked for a large chocolate shake. Cashier says is that for here or to go?
                        I sometimes go into places for a to-go order. When the drive through is to long or it is Braums. I don't know what it is about Braums but I get my food and maybe a shake about 3-5 minutes faster if I go in.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                          It's not just job skills, it's every skill. Take driving for instance. We've got cars that'll almost drive for you and people still can't keep it between the ditches. My friends laugh when I look at directions on a map. Take their GPS and ask them which way is north and they could't tell you. Basic math might as well be calculus. You can blame parents, but they've largely become the same way. Why bother using your brain when you've got 24/7 access to the electronic brain in your pocket?
                          Isn't that the truth! I learned to back a trailer when I was 8. On a riding lawnmower with a 3' homade trailer behind it. Talk about difficult. The slightest move and that trailer would turn. Made me learn to take my time, focus and do it right. I understand that every kid doesn't have that opportunity but if you get a trailer (boat) spend 2 days in an empty parking lot learning how to maneuver the thing.

Now there is a button on the truck that backs the trailer for you. Makes me shake my head every time because it was invented because someone (many) would not take the time to learn how to do it properly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                            No discipline or circumstances for kids in school today and all they teach for from the 3rd grade up is the STAAR tests period! No one basically teaches anymore like it use to be. Teachers pay and assessments are based on test scores period.
                            They way some of this stuff is taught, especially in Math will take most 2 to 3 times longer to do than it did 10 to 20 years ago. They have taken simple math and made it as difficult as physics.
                            Yup. That test is doing way more harm than good. My wife and I have already said that our kids will learn math the "school" way so they can pass the test but will be taught the CORRECT way at home. My kids will also learn cursive writing which is no longer taught.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I really don't get the OP. Fact is, they don't have an order of 3, as you were told. Balls in your court now. Your wife handled it right, although it would have probably been cheaper to order an order of 4 instead of an order of 1 then another order of 2. I feel certain the girl can add 1+2.

Comment

Not sure who you would blame it on. There are six of us kids, all went to same elementary, Jr. High, and high school. Most of us had the same teachers .They are great with math. Raised all the same. And I to this day can not count change back or a lot of simple math with out my fingers or calculator ( failed third grade due to math). Spelling is not so strong either. Some of us just are not as bright as the rest. Frustrates me the most when they want to play cribbage, no way in h!! can I do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X