No announcement yet.

Fess up, we all know you have done something Stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dang near drowned when I was 15. My baseball team had a practice called "Monday Run Days" a.k.a. "we're gonna have you run 5-6 miles every Monday afternoon as conditioning". One of those times, we ran down to the local bridge, and I got informed it was a thing for the rookies to jump into the river off the bridge, probably a 15-20' drop. This wouldn't have been a problem except it was May in Montana, and the river was nearly flood stage.

I was smart enough to not jump first, but not smart enough to notice the other kid jumped in the slack water below the bridge piling, not the main current. As I shot downstream, I panicked and started trying to swim across the river quartering upstream, not downstream, resulting in a huge struggle to fight the current. I made it to the corner of the island about 60 yards down, but I was spent. I took a lot of flak for it from the team after that. They thought I just couldn't swim, lol.

The worst part was when my dad found out, and went in and ratted the team out to the coaches. Probably the most alienating thing that could have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by rebelbow View Post
      Ok, I'll play. This has happened TWICE!
      #1 headed out for a morning hunt in Illinois, walked 400 yds to stand ,tie bow to pull up rope, no quiver, in truck.

#2 work nights .get off ,take short nap. get up ,drive 8 hrs like a madman to Kansas . get to motel change clothes ,unpack bow , haul butt to farm for evening hunt,. walk 400 yds to stand , get in stand pull up bow . hang bow up ....... no quiver, laying on bed in motel room...... go back to room break out bourbon!
      Well at least you brought them with you, I drove to my lease one time and left my full quiver at my house

Comment

Took up some target practice on some old glass bottles in the bottom of an empty cement cistern with my ar while sitting on the edge of the thing.

What do I win.

Comment

Working...
        X