Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the coldest weather you've hunted in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure but it was pretty dang cold. I could unzip my pants .

Comment

-28 hunting elk near West Yellowstone MT. Brutal!!!!

Comment

-4 in Nebraska. Pooping in that weather is no joke!

Comment

22 below zero chasing partridge in North Dakota. No wind so it wasn't too bad. Put four of them into the game bag in about a hour.

Comment

It was around 2 degrees one morning for a duck hunt. The only time I actually had to bust legit ice to put out decoys. It was freaking cold.

Comment

-05*

w/light wind

Comment

13° in Nebraska

Comment

16 degrees with a hard north wind in Atascosa county. Box blind with a Buddy Heater saved me from freezing.

Comment

Did a coyote calling contest last month. It was ridiculously cold. I don't remember exactly how cold but my buddy and I were in a Ranger riding around in it. I put my face down in my coat as a wind block and the tip of my nose stuck to the zipper on my coat. I was so glad when we stopped so I could warm up. Hunted in it all day and rode around in it. That morning I think it was somewhere around -25 with wind chill. That was absolutely stupid.

Comment

Me and some other boys drove up to Minniesoda for ice fishing one time. The ice was thick and the guide had a auger that run on a gas motor. By the time he drilled one hole the other one would be froze up again. I like to have froze my feet off up there.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                        -4 not including the wind chill

Colorado Rockies Unit 23
                        We ( family) hunted that unit since the 60's, I take it you have been to Buford ?
                        I don't know actually how it's been while hunting a few times but well below freezing. Good gloves, I actually prefer mittens when it's that cold, are a must.

Comment

Working...
                        X