December 7, 1941- A Date Which Will Live In Infamy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave View Post
    Always a special day or remembrance for me and my family. My grandfather was on board the USS Helena CL-50 that morning. You can see the Helena middle frame, the USS Pennsylvania, BB-38 is in burning the background.

I believe the Veteran who sang "Remember Pearl Harbor" in this clip was on the USS Pennsylvania.

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TiPcDO7t7vI"]WATCH: President Trump signs National Pearl Harbor Day Remembrance Day proclamation - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by scoutman View Post
      They gave all and look at the mess we have now. Wonder if they would have if they could see the future. Greatest generation for sure.
      Of course they would have. Regardless of all the BS the news flashes in your face, we are living in the safest, most prosperous period in human existance. A large part thanks to those men.

Comment

I told my wife yesterday I was DISAPPOINTED there were very little OLD movies on about this? NO Harm's Way, Pearl Harbor, etc.? Even visiting the GS, not very many OP's about this historic day and the sacrifice so many made?

Makes me wonder...have the succeeding generations lost their, at the very least, curiosity about not only past wars? I know we have a LOT of Veterans on the GS, I've got a son in Harm's way in the Land of Sand.....just something I notice?

Talked to my son just yesterday, having a hard time with a recent loss of one of his guys..guess I'm too "in tune," but I love ALL those who served...no matter WHAT they have done!

Comment

Working...
        X