No announcement yet.

Uvalde Co hunting/rut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow morning. Only 3 does. Deer everywhere on the drive in and saw a big herd of axis a mile from camp. Still no axis on camera though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lamaredskin View Post
      Slow morning. Only 3 does. Deer everywhere on the drive in and saw a big herd of axis a mile from camp. Still no axis on camera though

This Axis stick to the creeks, and Dry Frio on our place like glue. They never venture to far into the property

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Yea right where these stay is a dry creek bed. Saw a buck on 83 across from the high fence place with goats. He was there when I went into town and still there 2 hours later. I pulled into the shoulder to make sure he didn’t have CWD and as soon as I stopped a doe jumped up and he chased her. Kind of feel like a cøck block now

Comment

We have yet to see a deer much less any axis. Nothing but hogs coming around and the corn is piling up in the pens. I think our place is shot out or has had too much pressure and the deer have moved out. Going up Thursday and planning on staying for 2 weeks. Good Luck to you all!

Comment

Originally posted by Oldblue View Post
            We have yet to see a deer much less any axis. Nothing but hogs coming around and the corn is piling up in the pens. I think our place is shot out or has had too much pressure and the deer have moved out. Going up Thursday and planning on staying for 2 weeks. Good Luck to you all!
            I've heard similar reports to this on a place in Reagan Wells - just north of you ~4 miles. Same owner.

We are north of Reagan Wells ~ 4 miles and are seeing animals. My neighbor shot a nice deer opening gun.

I haven't been since Oct 20th but my neighbors are reporting good action. Headed out this weekend.

Your place might have a predator issue.

Comment

I've shot a lot of foxes, and a few coyotes. Got this one opening weekend of gun season. Haven't gotten a cat to come in yet [emoji24]

Comment

It was a slow opener for us also. Only a few does and yearlings moving. The axis have been MIA for a year now, very strange.

Comment

Any movement this weekend? Our cameras have slowed way down

Comment

One of our guys snagged this 8pt Saturday morning and we have a few more 3.5-4.5 yr old bucks showing up on camera. Tons of Aoudad and a few Axis does (no bulls tho). We also took out a bobcat.

Comment

Bobcat

Comment

Congratulations! I'm glad someone is seeing something. We hunted all weekend and didn't see a thing! If you have any openings, let me know, I think our place is shot out.

Comment

I’m on a place in Reagan Wells, it’s pretty much shot out, but did manage to shoot a decent buck this past weekend. Several guys have been hunting hard and have not seen a deer all year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations! We headed home for Thanksgiving and rolling back up that night to give it a try.

Our lease manager said the rut starts around the week before Thanksgiving, then he said the week after Thanksgiving, and now he says its 2 weeks after Thanksgiving!

Comment

Congratulations! That's a nice buck.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldblue View Post
                                Congratulations! We headed home for Thanksgiving and rolling back up that night to give it a try.

Our lease manager said the rut starts around the week before Thanksgiving, then he said the week after Thanksgiving, and now he says its 2 weeks after Thanksgiving!

They should be at peak of rut next week or so

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X