Uvalde Co hunting/rut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bwool View Post
    The hogs have been particularly bad this year. I’ve had enough, going to construct large pens In most feeder spots. Killed 24 since October 1st & you wouldn’t know it. My expectations are high for these pens, I hope the deer congregate in them & the pigs leave the county with a severe case of depression since they can’t eat my corn anymore. A massive pork suicide will occur shortly after. Maybe setting the bar a little high, but I’m excited to see the effects.
    Dont let the corn make it outside of the pens. They still hang out by mine bc a very small amount of corn is thrown out past the fence. I took 42 off our place this year by myself, and I know some of the other guys took a good amount also. But like you said, doesnt seem like were even making a dent

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

The hogs have been particularly bad this year. I’ve had enough, going to construct large pens In most feeder spots. Killed 24 since October 1st & you wouldn’t know it. My expectations are high for these pens, I hope the deer congregate in them & the pigs leave the county with a severe case of depression since they can’t eat my corn anymore. A massive pork suicide will occur shortly after. Maybe setting the bar a little high, but I’m excited to see the effects.
      We added large (8 to 11-16ft panels each) pens around all of our feeders back in September. The hogs aren't getting to the corn anymore but they are still hanging around as much as ever. We kill as many pigs as possible and still cant put a dent in them. It has badly effected our deer and turkey numbers and I'm not sure what to do next.
      Last edited by bloodtrail18; 12-25-2018, 03:11 PM.

Comment

It has badly effected our deer and turkey numbers and I'm not sure what to do next.[/QUOTE]

Aaron, does the dry Frio still have any water in it by you? On the portion of our lease that’s closest to you, we’ve seen a big jump in numbers of pigs. I was wondering about that river having something to do with it, considering I’ve seen more water in it this summer than pretty much any other.

Comment

It has badly effected our deer and turkey numbers and I'm not sure what to do next.

Aaron, does the dry Frio still have any water in it by you? On the portion of our lease that’s closest to you, we’ve seen a big jump in numbers of pigs. I was wondering about that river having something to do with it, considering I’ve seen more water in it this summer than pretty much any other.[/QUOTE]

Our part of the Dry Frio is still pretty full. Im a few miles down 1051 right off 83

Comment

Anyone have experience with spring food plots in North Uvalde county?

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
              Anyone have experience with spring food plots in North Uvalde county?
              No

Trying some cottonseed feeders out tho

Comment

Originally posted by hef187 View Post
                No

Trying some cottonseed feeders out tho

Jeff - keep us posted on how they take to the cottonseed. I have 2 tote cages for that purpose, just need to get back out there.

Comment

Not a ton of activity with the cottonseed so far. They seem like they're more interested in the alfalfa, corn, and protein.

A few pics from bringing my family out opening weekend of Turkey season.

Comment

Man real nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been seeing lots of fawns!

Comment

Been eyeing Uvalde county as a potential place to buy some property. Just curious as what is better part of county? Where should I go to avoid getting flooded out or is that even possible and just have to deal with it hunting in Uvalde county? Go south or North of hwy 90? Open to both sides but kind of liking the northern side of 90 just because it's the hill country side. It will be about 2 years before I buy but just wanting to get a feel for the county. After December I get to start saving for my down payment since both vehicles will be paid off. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Imo, I love the hills north of 90

Comment

What part of Uvalde County?

Comment

Any updates or pics anyone?

Comment

[ATTACH]966897[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]966898[/ATTACH]